2 장 : Ice Creams and Buses

Washed Memories

"Ready to go?" Jiyong asked as I stepped out of the toilet, clothed in my own clothes instead of the hospital gown.

"Admin stuff all done! Let's go!" Min Young entered the room announcing.

I linked arms with her as she laced her fingers with Jiyong's and we walked down the corridor.

"Oh! There's an ice cream shop here now? Can we visit it later?!" I exclaimed as Jiyong drove us to our house.

"It's been there for about close to 2 and a half years already bestie. You are one of their regular customers. Maybe going there can jolt something in your memory." Min Young informed me as Jiyong turned into our apartment complex.

We entered our house and I was quite in awe. I knew we were planning to stay together there 5 years ago... But I never knew that our design would be so pretty.

"Have a look around and see if you remember anything. I'll go get us drinks." Jiyong offered as we stepped in.

I walked around and it was exactly what I planned it to be, but it looked so good! I turned to what I remember was supposed to my room and Min Young gestured me to enter it.

My room was exactly like I wanted it to be and totally had my feel to it. I crashed onto the bed and sighed.

Suddenly, flashes of another room appeared in my mind. It was a pretty, white room with a simple design and a huge king sized bed. It was neat, simple but extremely beautiful.

I jolted up and Min Young cocked her eyebrow at me.

"uhhh... Can I see your room, Min?"

Min Young led me to her room but it was nothing like what I saw. Her room was nice but had a queen sized bed and was totally different from what I saw.

"Do we have another room?"

"Yeah... The study where we do our work. Why? Did you remember something?" I shrugged before making my way to the living room where Jiyong was. I grabbed a cup from the table and sipped on my drink.

"Did you remember anything?" Jiyong asked.

"She did, but she's not telling me." Min Young sighed out loud as she sat down beside Jiyong.

"Why not Princess? You have to let us know when you remember something."

"It's nothing Yongie. I just remembered another room, but it doesn't seem to be from this apartment..." I paused. " Did I stay somewhere other than here?"

"No... Why? What kind of room did you remember?" Jiyong put his cup down and stared at me intently as I saw Min Young grip his hand.

I described the room to them and I realised that Jiyong looked unaffected but Min Young was another story. Her grip got tighter as I was describing the room and she looked extremely nervous.

"I don't think I've seen such a room Princess. Maybe it was just.... Your dream room?"

I shrugged and left it. I knew they were hiding something or someone from me, I just need to find out what it is.

Another thing on my mind was TOP-sshi. Who was he to me? Why did he dislike me?

"KiEun?"

I snapped up and looked at Min Young.

"You're not listening, are you?"

"What did you say?"

"I said, don't go out on your own. Make sure it's with me or Ji. Or one of the BIGBANG members." I nodded and smiled.

"Are you girls hungry? Let's go get something to eat before I head home... Without my girl" Jiyong pouted at Min Young and I gave a laugh.

"She can go with you. I don't mind."

"No. I'm staying with you. Not after what happened to you." Jiyong gave me the "Oh well look" and I laughed again.

"Yongie can stay here then. I don't mind having another person in the house. You can share Min's queen sized bed. Just don't make too much noise."

Min Young shot me a horrified look and I smirked.

"The Princess has spoken! Let's go get food now!" Jiyong announced playfully before he stood up and walked towards the front door to get his shoes.

Min Young gave me a glare and I just laughed.

"Don't tell me he doesn't have clothes here?" I teased as I stood up as well, quickly making my way away from Min Young.

"Kim KiEun!! Get back here!"

I slipped into my flats before JiYong and I started to run to the lift.

"Ahhhh!! Yongie!! She's coming!!" I hid behind him as Min Young came to the lift lobby, hands on her hips.

"Hand her over Ji, I need to deal with her." Min Young said playfully.

But before JiYong could say anything, I blurted something that made them turn to me immediately.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you know what you just said?" JiYong asked, facing me as Min Young came to stand beside him.

"I said 'Take Yongie, he's better than taking me?' Didn't I?"

"Yeah Princess... yeah. Umm.. Let's go grab food." JiYong and Minyoung went into the house to grab their wallets and stuff so that we could go eat.

But something was gnashing at the back of my mind... What did I say just now? I have a strong feeling that It wasn't Yongie that I called out because it didn't feel familiar enough on my tongue.

"Let's go!" Jiyong slung his hand over my shoulder while his fingers interlocked with Minyoung's.

"Don't you find that weird?"

The both of them cast curious looks at me, waiting for me to elaborate.

"That Yongie's hand is slung over my shoulder, but he's holding your hand?" I gestured to his hands.

"I know you won't feel jealous Min, but still... imagine us walking on the street, Yongie will look like some two timer! Wait.... I said that before didn't I?" I smacked my own forehead at the amused looks they gave me as they nodded.

As we exited the lift, I suddenly felt a painful throb in my head and I immediately clutched it.

Flashes of me running with someone chasing me, me being caught by my waist and swung around as I squealed. I was set down and I found myself looking up at someone. "Don't you dare, do that again..." was whispered before lips crashed on mine.

All of a sudden, everything disappeared and I slowly opened my eyes...

"You okay?" Min Young asked with concern, her hand resting on my arm.

"I'm fine... um, let's go eat shall we?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is that when Seung-Ri got shot by fireworks?" I asked as we walked into the ice-cream parlour.

"Yeah! You remember! That was also where I almost tripped on my own feet!" I laughed as the memory came in with Jiyong's words.

I made my way to the end of the parlour and sat down. It was a four-seater table and I scootted in.

"Why sit here Princess? The parlour is practically empty." Jiyong asked as he sat down as well.

"I don't know... my feet just led me here. Maybe my feet are trying to remind me of something." I shrugged and gave a smile.

"okaaayy .. so what are we getting?" Min Young asked with her hands on her hips at the end of the table.

"One Cookie Dough and Caramêlée  Cheesecake!"

"Two cups? Who is the other for?" She cocked an eyebrow at me.

"It's for... I don't know.. it just sounded right..."

"Okayyyy, Princess. Go think about who that ice cream is for. We'll get you your cookie dough." Jiyong smiled and stood up, going with Min Young to the counter, leaving me to think about the many things on my mind.

Caramêlée Cheesecake... What kind of flavour is that? and who likes this flavour?

My fingers tap the table as I looked around, trying to see if anything can jolt my memory. My eyes spot many writings on the wall, but one near the table catches my attention.

"Bingu and Angelz was here <3"

It was written in English in contrast to all the Korean words around. I looked at it and my fingers lift to trace it.

Angelz... It sounded so familiar.

Bingu... Bingu...

"Take Bingu, he's better than taking me." I whispered it to myself as it felt so right.

Bingu. Who is this Bingu...

Bingu and Angel...

"Hey! Here's your ice cream!" Min Young and Jiyong came back, placing my ice cream infront of me.

I grabbed the cup and took a scoop.

"Yums!" I said satisfyingly. But as soon as I said that, another memory came swirling in my head.

This time it was me at the same table at the parlour with a man sitting opposite me.

"This is good Angel, You have to try it." He had said, offering his cup to me. I had took a bit of it before commenting : 'Yums, but not as good as my Cookie dough'

"Ki Eun-ah?" I shook of my memory and focused on Jiyong.  "You okay? You blanked out on us. Did you remember something?"

"Who's Bingu?"

"Wha--"

"Who's Bingu? This name keeps on appearing in my head and I heard you mutter it the day I woke up. Who's Bingu, Jiyong? Is he my boyfriend?" I questioned.

"He.. Yes, I know him. But... he doesn't exist anymore." Jiyong turned away from me as he spoke.

"Liar." I turned to Min Young. "Who's Bingu, Min? You won't lie to me, will you?"

Min Young looked conflicted, looking down at her fingers before looking back at me.

"I.. I can't tell you..."

"Why not?" They kept silent.

"Why is everybody hiding things from me? I'm not dumb! If y'all are supposed to help me with my memory, why aren't you telling me anything?!" I snapped at them.

Their faces were extremely shock and I felt an immediate guilt. I quickly stood up, mumbling a 'I'm sorry' before running out of the parlour.

"Where are you going?!"

"I need to get some air!" I shouted in reply and prayed that they wouldn't follow me.

I ran all the way to a bus stop where a bus just arrived. I took a quick look at the number and hopped on.

Bus 24

Thank God Min Young brought me my wallet when they came out of the house. I took out my card and tapped it before making my way to the back of the bus.

I settled down and observed my surroundings. I've never took this bus before.. I think.

Stupid Girl!

I don't have a phone to contact anyone if I get lost! It got smashed on the stairs... or so Jiyong tells me. Guess I'll have to take a return bus later.

I held my wallet at my lap and opened it. Something about it feels weird. I did not remember having such a wallet.

It had a pocket for a photo but was empty. That was what interested me the most. It had a photo in it before, that I'm sure because it has a faint ink on it but I can't make anything out of it. Secondly, I would have definitely placed a photo there; I'm not someone who would leave such a spot empty.

I thumbed the pocket, thinking...

Maybe it was a picture of me and the guy called bingu. Jiyong said he knew him but didn't answer if 'Bingu' was my boyfriend. And he said something about 'Bingu' not existing anymore. Maybe... he's dead? Maybe that's why they don't want to tell me about him?

I'm such a bad friend, I really should not have snapped at them. I sighed, closed the wallet and stared straight ahead, leaning back in to the seat.

The scenic had changed from apartments and small shoppes to a rather classy-ier area.

Something in me told me to get off and I followed that gut feeling. I pressed the bell and got out of my seat towards the door. The bus stopped for me and I alighted.

As the bus took off again, leaving me at the bus stop, only one thing was on my mind.

I know this place...

==============================================================================================

 

Author's Note.

I'm extremely sorry for not updating :( 

Did you enjoy this chapter? Ki Eun's memories are being explored as they reveal themselves. 

Please do let me know what you think of the story. 

Read, Comment, Subscibe, UpVote. 

Thank You! :) 

I promise that I'll update faster! 

Cheers, 

Jessi :) 

 

P,s, If you were read the first chapter before, You would have notices that I changed my OC's name to Ki Eun from it's original Chae Eun. I do have reasons for that and I hope that you do not mind. :)