7 장 : Charlie and Unnie

Washed Memories

----------------------------------------
 
Let’s see what we’ll find.
 
----------------------------------------
 
I opened the door to the room I stayed in the previous time I found my way to this house. The room was still the same, a nice queen sized but at the corner, i noticed items that I never noticed before. It was a set of doggy toys and a bed.
 
Ohh Charlie... dear charlie
 
I remember Charlie… that dear cocker spaniel who was there to support Seunghyun even before I could. Charlie accepted me too, and in his cute small doggy way comforted me when Seunghyun was not around and travelling the world. He was like Seunghyun’s best friend, always waiting for him to come home, willing to fool around with Seunghyun, rolling on the floor together or just sitting by his legs as he wrote his lyrics. 
 
 
“yah Charlie-ah!” I heard Seunghyun call as the dog came bouncing into the kitchen, running around my legs, waiting for his food expectantly. I was holding his food bowl in my hand and he must have been hungry. 
 
 
I walked towards where we usually place his food and water bowl and Charlie automatically sat down and pawed at the air, whining slightly. 
 
 
“Why are you choosing food over me?” Seunghyun whined at Charlie as he took the food bowl for me, giving me a peck on the cheek. Charlie’s tongue stuck out, looking at Seunghyun playfully. 
 
 
“Just give it to him Oppa, your family is coming soon!” I turned back to the kitchen, washing my hands again before finishing up the food that I was preparing. 
 
 
“Yeoboseyo? Where are you two lovebirds!” I heard a female voice call out. “Oh! Charlie ah!” 
 
 
“Yah Noona! Why would you greet him before you greet your own brother!” Seunghyun was in his 5-year old mood again. 
 
 
“Oh Hush! Charlie is 10 times cuter than you!” I heard her swat at Seunghyun. “KiEun-ah!"
 
 
“HyeYoon Unnie! You’re early!” I turned, a smile on my face. I set down the last dish just as she came to give me a hug.
 
 
“Omo!” She exclaimed. “You’re such a blessing, thank you for hosting us!” 
 
 
“What are you saying Unnie! We’re family! And it’s time we met your boyfriend anyway! Where is he anyway?” 
 
 
“He’s picking up Mum and Dad… making him suffer a little bit. But if he can get through them, he’s a keeper!” She laughed.
 
 
“He needs to get through me too.” Seunghyun’s voice drifted from where he was leaning on the frame of the kitchen entrance. “If I say no, he'll get kicked out.” 
 
 
“Behave yourself” I chided. “You won’t be chasing out or scaring anyone today. And especially not Unnie’s boyfriend.” 
 
 
Seunghyun scoffed but HyeYoon Unnie chuckled. 
 
 
“She’s too good for you Hyun,” she swung her hand over my shoulder. “She’s already a great sister-in-law.” 
 
 
The memory faded and I smiled to myself. HyeYoon Unnie was always warm and caring towards me. She might seem cold on the outside, but just like SeungHyun, their ulterior hid their beautiful fuzzy inside. 
 
Does she know what happened to me? Did she come see me? Is she still with her boyfriend? How long ago was that memory? 
 
Guess I'll find out another day.
 
I exited the room, walking to back into the hallway. There was one room left and I wasn’t sure whether to enter it or not. 
 
Will I be invading his privacy? It is his room but… and it used to be mine too.
 
Just a peak? To see what I can find? 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N:
I'm so sorry for updating but i'm at a stage in life where updating my story and oneshots just can't be my piority right now. I do have chapters and oneshots written in my arsenal but I just don't have the time to upload them. I hope you can understand. Thank you for reading and I hope you continue to enjoy my uploads whenever i do update.
 
Love, 
Jessi.