Chapter 4. Odd

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The dead silence of the night echoed in his ears as he rested on the couch; his heavy eyes were staring at the phone in his palm. Donghae was still haunted by their conversation a while ago that sleep had no effect on him.

"Mianhae... Cheongmal mianhae, Karin..."

She had already forgiven him but he couldn't forgive himself. He was wallowing in guilt when Eunhyuk came out of their room. Just one look at him, he knew; Eunhyuk need not ask.

"Don't think about it too much. It happens. Besides, she has forgiven you already." He tried to console Donghae.

"We almost fought," he mumbled in his low voice, his eyes never leaving the phone in his hand.

"Who's fighting? Let me join."

Heechul stepped into the living room, smirking. But it soon faded when he saw the dejected look on Donghae's face. Heechul's eyes widened, getting aware of the situation, "Bwoh? You and Karin." He held up his pointer fingers and placed them together then slowly pulled them apart.

"Hyung! It's not like that..." An alarmed Eunhyuk explained, sensitive of Donghae's current mood. "They just had a misunderstanding but everything is okay now." He smiled nervously, watching his friend through the corner of his eye. Eunhyuk sighed in relief that Donghae didn't seem to see the fingers or hear their conversation. He was physically present, but his mind, soul and heart were somewhere else.

"Most relationships end because of jealousy and lack of trust."

Eunhyuk turned his head and jumped in fright when Yesung's head popped behind him.

"I trust her! With my life, my heart... But I will never trust them!"

Eunhyuk, who was still on the process of calming himself down, fell back on the couch at Donghae's sudden outburst. Holding his rapidly beating heart, he eyed his hyungs. "Don't say anything," he mouthed.

"Since when did you become an expert in relationships hyung?"

Eunhyuk cringed to hear the evil maknae's voice. Just after warning his hyungs, the maknae arrives. It was seriously not the right time to agitate a troubled heart. He was about to pull Kyuhyun back before he says something unnecessary but maknae beat him to it.

"Hyung, I noticed something odd about the photo we saw earlier."

Eunhyuk was pulling his hair to see his dongsaeng seated comfortably beside Donghae, also looking at the phone. He motioned Kyuhyun to leave, waving his hand frantically while glaring at him. But it was no use. Kyuhyun was now even browsing the pictures.

"This," he pointed at the photo, showing it to his hyung. "Who took this?"

Donghae stared at the screen wide-eyed. Alexa, Karin and her four other friends were all playing in the beach, splashing water at each other. It was the last photo she sent which caused his rage. Looking at it more closely, his mind tried to make sense out of it. It was a stolen shot... One that couldn't have been taken by any of her friends.

Eunhyuk and the others shot up to see a panicked Donghae contact his girlfriend.

"Someone is stalking Karin?" Heechul need not ask the obvious. By sending that photo using her own phone, that person just sent a threatening message to Donghae.

"Baby pick up, pick up... Jagiya, answer your phone." The fear of someone harming his Karin was evident in his whole being.

Her phone kept ringing until he heard the voice mail. He redialled her number again, praying, hoping, that she would answer. After a couple of nerve wracking minutes, he finally heard her voice. Relief washed all over

Please log in to read the full chapter