FIRST SEASON FINALE

Your No.1 Fan (The Sequel)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Panic rose within her, mind numbing with fear. She immediately packed her things, cursing under her breath. She was so close to destroying them, to having him; and now, she had to start all over again. Leave and hide.

She turned the knob and opened the door in haste, stumbling at the sight of a golden badge.

She stood frozen by her doorway and Jin revelled at the dumbstruck expression she wore. He was inside another private vehicle and his companion in the driver seat could only shake his head at his dongsaeng’s blatant display of mockery. Jin was having a blast for having Hyemi arrested. It was a long shot but the photographer trusted his gut instinct that the stalker was someone from SM Entertainment. The stalker was obviously after Donghae, from what Karin deduced and Jin doesn’t have to be a genius to know that the culprit was a female, an obsessed one at that.

Viewing recorded footages at the beach resort and looking closely at the blackmail photos, he was able to narrow down the unsubs1. It was a highly organized and detailed detective work that Hyunseung didn’t need to second guess on helping the two.

“I still can’t believe that our Karin has a celebrity for a boyfriend,” Hyunseung remarked, breaking Jin’s revelry.

“Karin deserves the best hyung,” Jin said, giving the older guy a pointed look.

“I know. For what you did for me and Chae, I can only wish happiness for the both of you. What I’m trying to say is this,” he started, turning his head to face Jin with the most serious look in his face. “How’d you pull that off? You kept a secret right under my nose when I am supposed to be the detective here.”

Jin had a smug look on his face that his hyung wanted to erase so bad but the latter just laughed it off.

“Thanks for trusting me though,” he said, averting his gaze back to the apartment at the exact moment the police was escorting the irate girl to the police vehicle. He could only imagine her reaction once she finds out that the ex-cop she hired ratted her out. He just hoped that Hyemi would be as cooperative as the other one.

He would be keeping a close eye on the case and he has connections that would make it easy for him to keep it from the public. Jin has expressed his concern about this, doubting that Donghae would file a charge against them even if he wanted to. For one, SMEnt wouldn’t be happy about it. Second, Donghae definitely wouldn’t want a media circus. He had enough of stalkers. Karin, hopefully, would be the one to charge them of stalking. In doing so, the blackmailing wouldn’t be addressed. The girl being a foreigner is another issue. He would just wait and see how everything boils down. He promised Jin he would intervene and use all his connections if the case blows out of proportion. They couldn’t risk Karin’s safety.

“We should be the one thanking you, hyung. We couldn’t possibly catch them without your help,” Jin stated and they remained in companionable silence as they drove off to the police station.

“But you got to admit hyung,” he paused, earning a questioning gaze from Hyunseung, “I was pretty cool back there right?”

Hyunseung wouldn’t deny that it was Jin who spotted the suspect. The latter unconsciously dropped his defences as he stared at the completion of his task. Hyunseung shook his head and laughed; the words his dongsaeng said clear in his memory.

“Not bad for a newbie. But if I were you, I would have angled it like this,” Jin held the camera and aimed it at the two, showing the confused and shocked stalker the correct perspective the photo should be taken. Jin smiled at him, his eyes disappearing in crescents. “Game over,” he mouthed, throwing a fiery gaze. It took all his control not to punch the guy senseless for causing his bestfriend and his hyung so much grief.

Still not contented with his revenge, Jin grabbed the man’s cell phone from his jacket and pressed re-dial. Hyunseung gave his dongsaeng free reign; he’ll deal with the man later. Then he heard Jin say in his mocking tone, "I bet you were expecting someone else. But I'm sorry to break it to you. We have him in custody. Game over." And just like earlier, Jin uttered the last two words in an icy cold tone that Hyunseung had never heard before.

His dongsaeng is indeed a cool guy, a true bestfriend in every sense of the word. That night, his respect for the young man upped a notch. But he wouldn’t give his dongsaeng that bragging right.

“Hmm, I have seen better.” His chest rumbled with laughter leaving Jin with narrowed eyes and a promise that he’ll get back with his hyung. Well, as far as Hyunseung was concerned, he doesn’t mind one bit.

Hyunseung dropped him off two blocks from Super Junior’s residence. Jin quickly slipped on his striped jacket and red cap, and then stepped out of the car. His hyung laughed again to see him in a delivery boy’s uniform. Jin just waved him off and proceeded to his next destination.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All eyes focused on the couch, faces reflecting utter surprise and disbelief.

"Chincha?"

"A sasaeng fan?"

"Hyemi-shi?"

He nodded, confirming everything that he had just informed them. The plan was executed without their knowledge and the perpetrators are now at the police station. Although the rest of Super Junior was dismayed for not having taken any part on the capture and arrest of the stalkers, they were relieved now that everything would be back to the way they were. They let Jin take the spotlight since the guy played an important role from the beginning of the ordeal and he stood by the couple despite the dangers the suspects posed.

"But where are they now?" Eunhyuk couldn’t help but ask, noticing the absence of the couple.

“They were escorted to the station earlier for their statements. Atty. Sung was there already and would see to the legal aspects. He was recommended by Manager Lee, seeing that it would cause attention if he took over the case,” Jin explained, assuring them that everything would be settled. If everything goes as he and Hyunseung planned, there won’t be any problems, even if Hyemi goes ballistic. Checking the time on his wrist watch, a smile tugged his lips and that didn’t go unnoticed.

Donghae and Karin were on a date.

"Hyung, let that fish spend some alone time with his princess. We have been interrupting for so long,” Kyuhyun stated seeing the mischievous looks the others were having.

“We are not interrupting,” Eunhyuk quipped. “We are helping them,” he continued, wiggling his brow suggestively at the others.

“So what are we standing here for?” Sungmin voiced out everyone’s secret agenda and Jin could only bury his face on his palms. Even if he tried, his hyungs will definitely get the information they need and Donghae’s plans for a romantic night would become a slumber party. He groaned imagining the disappointed look on his hyung’s face.

Donghae’s reaction was far from what Jin imagined. Disappointed doesn’t cut it; his hyung was raving mad at their presence. Fortunately for them, Karin was there to soothe her pissed boyfriend, her hands doing miracles on his back and cheek.

Jin was on the verge of dropping to his knees, what they saw earlier that evening was enough for his hyung to skin them alive; so much for playing the hero.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The clear water was warm to her touch – the source being a natural hot spring – as she cascaded down the pool steps. A smile and a blush were permanent on her face, as she anticipated what her boyfriend had planned that evening. Donghae instructed her to wait for him at the pool upon arriving at the resort. The place was owned by halmeoni’s younger brother and he had confidence on the old man to respect their privacy.

Tonight was wonderful. Not only were the stalkers apprehended, they were now in a secluded private pool in the outskirts of the city, the whole place solely for them. It had been quite a while since they last shared moments with just the two of them. She waded through the water, creating ripples upon ripples on the still surface. It somehow reminded her of their lives during the past months – peaceful until it was disturbed. But just like how the surface smoothed out after some time as she stood unmoving, peace and relief are slowly returning to them with the timely arrest of the perpetrators.

Her thoughts flew back to the station. The man, Kim Hangsuk, couldn’t even look at her in the eye. She was mad for what he did; they threatened her Fishy, caused them to separate and made her hurt her boyfriend. But she won’t raise a finger or waste another word. She would let the law deal with him. He was a little more than five foot, six inches with broad shoulders. His black hair was messy and it appears that he hasn’t shaved for days. There were deep black circles around his eyes. And she could tell that he was merely a pawn. She felt pity for him, an ex-cop stooping so low for money, but he should pay for his crime.

Lost in her thoughts, she failed to notice a certain someone who forgot how to breathe at the sight of her.

Donghae struggled not to drop the tray he was holding as he gaped at the vision before him. Karin was slightly turned, the moonlight bathing every inch of her exposed skin. He gulped to see what she was wearing. It was a midnight blue halter top with little strings tied behind her neck and back. The water merely reached her waist from where she was standing and he could make out the strings that tie her bikini bottom.

His hands were shaking and it was a miracle that he was able to place the food tray on the edge of the pool. He made quite some noise to his dismay, making Karin spun her head to see him crouched on the ground. He wasn’t even kneeling. He wanted to hide in embarrassment. While she painted a picture of perfection, he was that of dumb fool, love struck and staring helplessly at her.  

“Jagiya.” Her voice w

Please log in to read the full chapter