Chapter 22

Am I just another girl?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"J-Junhyung?" you squeaked. She nodded.

"Have you met him yet?" you asked as you nervously played with your fingers.

"Yeah.. Today at the ice rink." she smiled. You slowly  got up and picked up the photo of you and Junhyung.

"Is it this Junhyung?" you asked, your voice barely audible. Surprised, she nodded slowly.

"H-He's my boyfriend." you admitted as you felt tears formed. You blinked them away.

...

"I should go.." Hwasoon said as she awkwardly left the room. You sighed and plopped down on your bed, many thoughts running through your head.

*****************************************************************************************************

On Monday you cautiously entered the school. You wanted to avoid everyone you knew. Especially Junhyung, Hwasoon, and of course, Minyoung. She would force everything out of you and then would say, "I told you." You quickly ran to homeroom and sat in the back. You lowered your head and covered your face with a book. Junhyung walked inside the class and looked for you. Luckily the teacher came in and told him to sit down.

"ROLL CALL!" the teacher exclaimed.

 

"~~~~~~~~!!!"

"Here!" you said almost too quickly. Junhyung turned around.

'There she is...' he thought. As homeroom ended, you quickly ran out but you got pinned to the wall.

"~~~~~.." Junhyung said softly.

"I don't want to talk  to you." you said coldly as you managed to get away. Junhyung sighed as he watched you run off.

*

During lunch you avoided the cafeteria where all your friends were. Instead, you walked out to the courtyard. Usually the place was deserted because of weird rumors. You walked through the tall grass that hasn't been cut for ages. You breathed in the fresh air as you looked at the nature surrounding you. It was a perfect moment.

But then you tripped.

"Ackk." you grumbled. You looked up to see a hand extended out. You gratefully grabbed it and stood up. You looked up to see a boy sitting on a tree branch, smirking. You quickly dusted your uniform off. The two of you stared at each other for a while.

"Who are you?" you asked.

"Come up here first." he said.

"What? Why? And why is your hair pink?" you asked.

"I'll tell you once you come up here." he smirked. 

"Fiiinee." you sighed. You tried to get up, but you failed. You tried a few more times but you just couldn't get up. The boy chuckled.

"I can't.." you pouted. He extended his hand out again. You smiled and took it. You were now sitting on the thick branch with the boy.

"So you're a junior?" you asked, looking at his uniform.  He nodded.

"I'm a senior~ So you're my hoobae." you smiled.

"Then you're my sunbae." the boy smiled. You smiled.

'No one called me sunbae before.. It's usually noona. I like the sound of sunbae..' you thought happily.

"What's your name?" you asked.

"L.Joe." he answered coolly.

"Whaa? That can't be your real name. What's your real name? Tell me. Tell me!" you exclaimed.

"It's a secret." he said.

"Why is your hair pink?" you asked.

"My sister did it." L.joe sighed.

"I like it." you smiled. "It's nice."

"T-Thanks." he stammered.

"Soo... Why are you up in this tree, all alone?" you asked.

"..I don't like large crowds of people." he said.

"What about friends?" you asked. "Don't you get lonely?" He simply shook his head.

"I don't need friends.."

"What about me?" you asked as you smiled cutely. Without knowing, a smile curled onto his lips.

"I guess you're an exception." L.Joe said. The two of you engaged in a nice conversation and before you knew, it lunch was over.

"Bye sunbae." L.joe said as he hopped off the branch. You did the same.

"Bye hoobae." you smiled and happily walked to your class.

'Hmm. L.joe is a nice kid.. Hehe. I wonder if he's going to be here tomorrow.' you thought as you entered class to get tackled by Yoseob.

'Shoot! I forgot about him!' you thought as you flinched.

"Yoseob! Get off! People are looking." you whispered.

"I don't care." he said. You frowned.

"I'll tell you after class, ok?!" you yelled.

"Ok then~" Yoseob sang as he got up. You frowned and dusted your uniform off. Ignoring the strange looks from your classmates, you proceeded to your assigned seat. Class flew by pretty quickly and you were packing up. Someone slammed their hands down on your table.

"Yes?" you asked, annoyed.

"Tell me what happened." Yoseob demanded.

"Aish you nosy kid." you said and flicked him on his forehead.

"Yaah!" he whined as he rubbed his forehead.

"It's not a big deal. We just kind of fought." you said and ran away.

"Tchh.." Yoseob muttered.

***************************************************************************************************

Once school ended you ran as quick as you can to the entrance. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter