Solutions

Am I just another girl?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your eyes slowly opened to see the white ceiling of your room. You blinked a few times to see clearly. You sat up and thought about what happened yesterday. You grew pale thinking about it. You looked outside your window to see the afternoon sun. You gasped, remembering that today was a school day.

"Omo! How long did I sleep?" you said as you turned around to look at your clock. It was already 1 pm. You then quickly checked your phone for any calls or texts. Sure enough, you had some texts and missed calls.  You scanned through them.

 

Missed calls

 

Minnie

Woonie

Minnie

Seobie

Kikwang oppa

Junhyung oppa

 

Your eyes rounded when you saw Junhyung's name.

' Was he worried about me? ' you thought as you felt your heart beating faster.

 

Texts

 

Yaah! Why aren't you picking up?! Why didn't you go to school today?! -Minnie 

Today at 12:16

-

Why aren't you at school? Are you sick?   -Woonie

Today at 11:51

-

~~~~~~-ah, why didn't you come to school? :( Are you Ok? -Kikwang oppa

Today at 10:23

-

YAAH! WHY AREN'T YOU IN CLASS. >:U Where are you???? Are you ok???? REPLY ASAP. -Seobie

Today at 10:15

-

How come you didn't come to school? What happened? Are you skipping? :P -Junhyung oppa

Today at 9:40

 

'They're such good friends..'  you thought as you reread them. You placed your phone on the table.

' I'll explain tommorow.'   you thought as you walked to your bathroom. Your eyes grew large when you saw your reflection.

"I'm a mess !" you shrieked. Your hair was tangled and oily. You had bags and you could still tell that you had been crying.  You sighed as you grabbed a fresh pair of clothes. You stepped into the full bathtub. You sat inside as you thought.

'Where am I going to get 6k? ... I'll call umma and appa!' you thought as you began to relax again.

 

 

After showering, you got changed and skipped to your room. You picked up your cellphone and dialed your umma's number. It rang for a few seconds before going to voice mail. You sighed and tried again.

 

You gave up after the 5th time you tried. You then dialed your appa's number.

"Hi." he said. Your eyes lighted up when you heard his voice. But you were disappointed once again to find out it was just a message.

"I'm not going to be available this month. Neither is my wife, Cho Hee. Sorry for any inconveniences." your appa's soothing voice said.

'Oh, this is just great.' you thought as you jumped in your bed in defeat. You rolled around trying to think of a solution. You suddenly sat up again.

'I'll get a job.' you thought. 'But a job isn't going to get me 6k... I might as well.. I'll think of something better on the way.' You walked outside to get the daily newspaper. You scanned the jobs for a few minutes and crossed out the ones you couldn't do. You eventually decided you would work at Suncrest Cafe. You grabbed your bag and started walking to the cafe. You noticed some kids in your school uniform walking around.

'School must have ended..' you thought as you looked down to avoid being noticed. You didn't want your friends to see you or know about your secret. You saw Dongwoon and Yoseob walking towards your direction. You looked straight down and walked faster. Once you successfully walked past them, you let out a sigh of relief. You eventually made it to the cafe without bumping into any of your friends. You walked into the busy cafe. You walked to the cash register.

"Can I see the manager?" you asked.

"In the back." the woman said while giving change to the customer. You walked around the customers and strolled into the back of the cafe. You saw a man doing dishes, so you walked over to him.

"Are you the manager?" you asked.

"Yes." he said not looking up.

"Can I get a job here?" you asked. His head suddenly jerked up.

"YES! Fill in that form and you can get started right away." he said pointing to a small table. You nodded and sat on the small chair. You read the details, then grabbed the pen next to the cli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter