Debt and fortunes

Am I just another girl?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were diligently writing down notes as your teacher wrote down different equations and formulas on the board. Senior year was a lot more different than the other three years of high school. Most of your teachers were stricter and the playful students had matured. Well most of them. But there was still one thing to look forward to at the end of all the torture. Prom and graduation. Prom was a romantic time for everyone and graduation means college/university. You would become an adult and becoming an adult means more opportunity.

 

The boy sitting behind you folded a paper airplane and threw it across the room. You turned around.

"Quit it." you scowled. He stuck his tongue out just as the teacher turned around.

"The two of you." the teacher said strictly. "After school."

"Neh." you said and looked down to avoid the stares of your classmates. You sighed to yourself. Your day so far wasn't going too well. The bell rang and the students happily exited the class for lunch. You wrote the last of your notes down and collected your things and walked to the cafeteria. You found your friends sitting at one table and sat with them.

"Hey." you smiled as you took your lunch out of your bag.

"Hi ~~~~~~-ah." Minyoung smiled.

"Hello." Yoseob who was sitting next to Minyoung said.

"Hi-yeom!" Kikwang smiled as he sat down next to you.

"Hey.." Dongwoon who was sitting in front of you glumly said.

"Where's ChanRin? She usually sits here." Kikwang said thoughtfully.

"Is that why you're so sad?" you asked Dongwoon before swallowing a spoonful of rice.

"Yeah... I think she's cheating on me..She hasn't contacted me for a long time.." Dongwoon sighed as he played with his food.

"Well, you can't be too sure." Yoseob said, his mouth full.

"Yoseob!" Minyoung giggled as she handed him a napkin. You rolled your eyes.

"Get together already." you whispered to Minyoung. The tip of her ears turned red and she gave you a stern look. You playfully stuck your tongue out and continued eating.

"Oh my gash. Junhyung hasn't had a new girlfriend for like, forever." a group of girls said as they walked past your table. You secretly smiled to yourself.

'Maybe he's starting to change.' you thought as you sipped your banana milk.

 

"~~~~~~. Did you hear about the new fortune-telling place down the block?" Minyoung asked you.

"No.." you said.

'Hmmm.. I want to get my fortune read..' you thought.

"Me, Yoseob, and Kikwang are going there after school. Want to come?" Minyoung asked.

"I'd love to.. But I have detention." you sighed.

"What?! The almighty ~~~~~~~~ has detention?!" Minyoung gasped.

"Yah." you frowned. "It was because of this idiot kid.ok?"

"Whatever." Minyoung smiled.

"Maybe I'll get my fortune told by myself." you mumbled.

*******************************************************************************************

 

As the bell rang for the end of school you sighed and trudged to your math class for detention.

 

*******************************************************************************************

 

Minyoung, Yoseob, and Kikwang met up in front of the school.

"Let's go! " Minyoung grinned.

"Ok." Kikwang said. The three of them walked to the small tent that seemed out of the blue. Yoseob was the first to walk in.

"I guess we should wait outside." Kikwang said,

"Ok.." Minyoung said.

 

"Hi!" Yoseob smiled. "Soo. Are you going to tell my fortune?"

"Sit down." the mysterious lady said.

"Ok." Yoseob said  as he sat down on the stool. The lady concentrated and looked at Yoseob. She thought for a moment and smiled.

"You will find your love and fortune very soon. But if you are not careful, everything will be taken away from you by one man."

"Who?! "Yoseob gasped. The woman did not answer. Yoseob frowned and exited the tent. He looked directly at Minyoung.

'I guess I should be more cautious. I'll protect my love. Because love=fortune right? Hmmm. I don't care about fortune. I care more about love..' Yoseob thought.

"Yah. What are you looking at?" Minyoung pouted. Yoseob snapped out of his thoughts.

"Nothing." Yoseob said quietly.

"Ok then.." Minyoung said before going into the tent.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Minyoung smiled and did a 90 degree bow.

"Sit down." the lady commanded. Minyoung nodded and sat down on the stool. The lady looked straight in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter