Back in Taiwan

5:50

Guigui's POV

 

"Finally, I'm home!" I chirped.

I can already feel the summer here in Taiwan. I'll be spending my summer of 3 months here and then I'm off to college.

As I walk down the exit of the airport, I bumped into a guy. My shoulder bag fell straight to the floor. As for my , flat out. Yikes!

"Damn lady watch--"

"Oh easy there bud." I interrupted him just in case he'll say more inappropriate words.

When I was about to look up, the guy suddenly spoke.

"Wait a minute, is that you Gui?"

What? Who is this guy? Why does he know my name? Ugh where is Wangzi! He really doesn't know how to watch the time.

"Um, do I know you?" I responded anyway.

"So you are Gui, right? Don't you remember this face? It's me, Wangzi!"

"Wangzi?!" My eyes went wide. This guy's Wangzi? My childhood friend, Wangzi?

He pulled me to a bone-crashing hug. I hugged him less than the pressure he's giving me. I was too shocked and happy at the same time.

I wanna hug him just as tight and long but people are starting to stop and stare at us, especially in this position.

Do you often see people hugging while sitting down in the middle of the airport? The answer is a definite no. You rarely see situations like this. And his hug is so firm and strong that,

"I... can't... breathe." I managed to blurt out.

"Oh, sorry." He answered immediately as he let go and helped me to get up at the same time he did.

And then I remembered.

"Damn lady watch it?" I pointed while narrowing my eyes at him.

My statement caught him off guard for a second, as he started to stiffen and turn pink.

"Haha I didn't see you there, I'm sorry."

"Right... but if it was some old woman? It would definitely be inappropriate. So avoid those, will you?" I suggested like how a mom would.

If you could say something less than forcing him to stop his cursing, I think that that word's adequate.

"Yes, ma'am! I will refrain from saying such, but no promises." He said as he winked at me.

For a few seconds, I saw him looking at me from head to toe.

"What? Checking me out?" I asked with a smirk plastered on my face.

"No little sis but if I do say so myself, you look different. Hmm definitely better than when we were kids." He nodded as if he just understood a difficult math equation.

Well beside from burning a few pounds, I grew my hair at chest length so that my straight hair would fall naturally with a few curls at the end.

"You're not so bad yourself." I admit that you'll see him as the popular guy in school. Even when we were kids, a lot of girls swoon over him. Well young ones at that; our age that time.

"I still love your mole baby girl." Oh darn he did not just say that.

"Dang I should have known it was you. Old habits definitely die hard." He was referring to the mole that's located just above my lips.

"Yeah whatever you say sweet heart." Then he started laughing. I burst out as well.

"So shall we head home now?" He suggested.

"Right. I missed a lot, didn't I?" I forgot about home for a while there.

I followed Wangzi to the parking lot and that's when I recalled not seeing Aaron, his twin brother.

"Hey are you the only one who went to fetch me?" I asked as we reached the parking lot and to Wangzi's car.

"Oh if you're talking about Aaron, he... um went--"

"Was it because he didn't want to see me?" After leaving without saying anything. I could guess as much.

We reached Wangzi's car this time.

"It's not that. He just had to do some errands with his girlfriend." He said as he unlocked the car and opened my door.

I was about to thank him when I suddenly realized what he said.

"Huh wait... Girlfriend?" That word took me by surprise.

"Oh when you left, he changed so much. He became distant and just like now, my complete opposite." He said it in a slow manner like he's checking my reaction for each word he's saying.

"So it was because of me, huh? I'm sorry if it caused you guys so much trouble. I just had to leave without saying anything to him because I know if I did, I won't be able to go." I confessed.

"Yeah, I know. You don't have to feel sorry. It's just that when we were young, you guys were always together and he thought that you wouldn't leave him. Since our dad left us just like that. All because of another girl." He said as he entered the driver's side and I entered the passenger's.

I know that it's hard for him to remember their dad.

I didn't know what to say. It was actually my fault all this time.

"You don't have to worry about it anymore. That was a long time ago. I'm sure he'll come around and he'll be happy to see you again." He smiled at me.

"I'm not sure about that, but I'll just have to wait and see." I returned his smile but a bit different.

Wangzi started the car as we drove to their house, just beside mine.

I do hope he's right.