We've Met

5:50

Guigui's POV

 

This neighborhood’s still the same. How I've missed this for the past 10 years.

Wangzi suddenly stopped the car, right in front of the house I know very well; like my own.

"Here we are! Come on, I know Mom's so eager to see you." He said it so fast I didn't get to react as he opened his car door.

I followed him and into the front of the house. I'm really nervous as to what the reaction of their family would be to my arrival.

"We're home!" He shouted as we entered the house.

I heard footsteps from the kitchen and the house smelled like,

"Hmm, is that Cheese Croissant?!" Wangzi shouted as he ran to where the kitchen is located.

Oh this guy just left me here by the door standing.

Wait did he just say what I think he did?

“Cheese Croissant?!” I headed as fast as I can to the kitchen.

When I reached the kitchen, it was absolutely what I thought it was.

I found FanFan their mom, still baking, back faced to us.

She turned and from the shocked expression on her face, you could've guessed that the plate of baked croissant almost fell to the floor.

“Guigui? Is that you, honey?”

I wasn't able to say anything as she ran to hug me.

“Wow Aunt FanFan you’re still the same; beautiful as always.” I said as I winked when she finally let go. It was true. Even before, she and mom would always be the ‘Madonna’ of their school. “How I’ve missed you.”

“Not as beautiful as you now. You’re really pretty, Guigui. I know Aaron would be so excited to see you.”

Aaron, would he really be? I really wonder what his reaction would be.

We heard the door clicked.

"Mom, Aunt Jie told me to remind you about the meeting for the volunteer work." Someone shouted as he neared to where we were.

Oh, no.

"Aaron!" Aunt FanFan and Wangzi said at the same time.

"Huh? What's---" He paused as he entered the kitchen.

I was shocked to see who this 'someone' is. No, that’s an understatement. I was flabbergasted. But I felt it coming.

"Who's she?" Does he really not recognize me?

"Aaron this is Guigui. Our childhood friend, remember?" Wangzi introduced me like this is some normal situation we're having.

I think I'm going nuts. I'm really nervous now.

I looked at Aaron and saw that he changed a lot like Wangzi. Although they're fraternal twins, you could also see how they're alike with their features.

Aaron has both dark brown eyes and hair that he got from his dad while Wangzi has caramel brown eyes and raven black hair that he got from his mom.

Even though their eyes and hair are not the same, you could still see that their nose and lips are similar.

They both have a body to die for. I'm definitely embarrassing myself just by staring at Aaron's face and body.

I have to look away now or else...

"Huh? What are you talking about? It's the first time I've seen her face and heard her name."

Is he serious?

"Anyway, I can't stay for too long. I just have to get something from my room but I'll catch up with you guys later." He said as he went up the stairs.

"Aaron! What are you talking about? Come back here!" Aunt FanFan shouted.

I feel like my knees are giving up on me. He said that... he doesn't remember me? At all?