Amusement Park

5:50

Wangzi’s POV

 

“So… where are we going next?” Gui asked excitedly.

“Relax, Gui. Just a few more minutes and then we’re there.” I laughed.

“Fine.” She pouted.

 

“We’re here! Ta-da!” I shouted which surprised her.

“Oops.” I said as I scratched my head.

“The Amusement Park?” She asked in awe.

“Come on. Let’s go inside.” I said as I went out of the car.

 

“What should we ride first, Gui?” I wondered.

“Hmm. Roller Coaster!” She said excitedly.

“You got it.” I winked.

 

“Ahhhh!”Gui shouted.

“Gui! Tone it down, will you?” I said as I tried to cover my ears.

 

“Best ride ever!” She shouted which made people look at us.

“Let’s go to that ride next!” She said as she grabbed my hand.

“Aw they are so cute!” Some squealed.

“I want to have a boyfriend like that too.” A girl with her friends said.

“So we look like a couple, huh?” Gui said mischievously.

“Oh, don’t give me that look.” I laughed.

“Let’s go!” She said with excitement evident in her face.

 

“So, we’re done riding the Roller Coaster, Carousel, Merry-go-round, Octopus… and there’s one more before we end this day.” I said thoughtfully.

“I know! The Ferris Wheel!”Gui said while jumping.

“You got that right. Let’s go. This is the perfect time.” I smiled while pulling Gui to the long line of the Ferris Wheel.

 

“Ahh, so pretty.”Gui said while seemingly mesmerized by the night sky.

“You’re prettier.” I smiled. “Not.” I added jokingly.

“You’re ruining the moment, Wangzi.” She said as she playfully slapped my arm.

We both laughed as we continue to stare at the sky above us, full of stars.

“Thank you for bringing me here Wangzi. I had so much fun!” She smiled.

“I know. I’m the best, right?” I said smugly as I started tickling her.

“Hey no! Stop it please! The cart is moving we might fall!” She tried to say.

“At least I’ll fall in your arms.” I winked.

“Ew that won’t work on me ‘Mr. I’m-so-handsome-any-girl-would-fall-for-me’” She said in a high-pitched voice.

I laughed at how silly this girl can be.

I know that Aaron still cares for her and I know that he remembers her. Of course, I’m his twin I should know that, right? It’s just hard for him. The three of us used to be the best of friends and then, Gui left. I know that there’s a reason for it and that’s what I’m about to find out.

“Hey, Wangzi.”Gui said as she nudged me.

“Yeah?” I replied as I was suddenly pulled out from my thoughts.

“When we were young, we used to watch people. How they do their daily activities and all those stuff.”

“You remember that?” I didn’t expect to hear that from her.

“How can I forget, silly.” She slightly pinched my cheeks.

“I knew it. You can never forget my handsome face.” I joked as I held my hand to touch my face as to exaggerate my statement.

“Yeah, I agree with you. Do you remember how I was totally into you?”

“You were? I thought you were into Aaron back then?”

“What?” She started as her cheeks begin to turn pink. “That is so not true!”

“Defensive! Gui likes Aaron. Gui likes Aaron.” I continued to .

She was quiet for a moment and her reply was what I didn’t expect to hear from her.

“Yeah, I do like him.”

My jaw dropped. Her honesty took me by surprise.

And then she started laughing.

I should have seen it coming.

“You! You… should… have… seen… your… face!” She inserted in between fits of laughter.

I stayed quiet as I eyed her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She uncertainly asked.

“Are you sure you’re kidding?” I narrowed my eyes at her.

“Wangzi! Of course, I am! If I did, then you’ll be the first to notice it.” She assured me.

“Well going back, look at all the people here in this amusement park.”

“What about them?” I asked as I looked down.

“You can really see how each one of us is different. How each interacts with the other.” She continued to say.

“You mean like that kid pulling her mom’s shirt as he points to the balloons?”

“Yeah, and that group of friends happily chatting while waiting in line for the Roller Coaster ride.”

We continued to just say the random things we see as we wait for our turn to go down the Ferris Wheel. When it was our turn, Gui suddenly pulled me to the photo booth stand.

“Let’s take a photo before we leave!” She said excitedly.

We took all sorts of facial expressions we can pull. Of course, Gui had those silly faces in every picture. I know what to do with these pictures. They’ll make me smile once in a while and when I feel down (which I doubt will happen when I’m with Gui). This girl will always and will definitely make you smile.

 

Longest update so far! You’ve guessed it. For not updating for about a month before chapter 5, this is my ‘sorry’. Thank you to those who are waiting patientlyfor my updates. Comment, Subscribe and Vote! Will be very much appreciated. :)