Flashback

5:50

Aaron's POV


How can I forget?

I've always remembered.

I've always wanted to forget, but why can't I?


-- Flashback --

"Wangzi, Aaron, this is Guigui; the daughter of Mrs. Wu." This little girl's so petite.

"Hi Guigui! I'm Wangzi and this kiddo here is Aaron." My eight year old twin Wangzi said as he smiled.

The little girl looked so shy as she hid behind her mom.

"Aw come on Gui. They're your new playmates. Don’t be shy.” Mrs. Wu insisted while gently pushing her daughter forward.

Wangzi suddenly pulled me and Guigui.

“I’ll take them! Don’t worry!” He shouted.

I heard Mrs. Wu and Mom laugh from behind us.

Wangzi stopped in our backyard and we all sat in separate swings where the number is exactly how many we were.

Wangzi sat in the far end and Guigui sat at the other end, which leaves me to sit in the middle.

“Wangzi come here for a second!” Mom shouted from the inside.

“Aw man, it’s about the scattered toys in the living room again.” Wangzi sighed as he started to stand up and go in.

Well, it just leaves me and Guigui here.

And that’s when I notice the notebook she’s holding. It looks like a diary with a locket on top?

“Hey, what’s that?” I suddenly blurted.

From the look on her face, she was shocked by the sudden question; like she’s not used to talking so much.

I burst out laughing.

“Huh? What’s funny?” She asked with a curious expression plastered on her face.

“Your… reactions… are… crazy!” I tried to say in between fits of laughter.

“You’re mean!” She pouted.

“But you’re cute.” I saw her blush from my next statement.

“And you easily blush.” I added.

She suddenly stood up and ran back to the house.

-- End of Flashback --

 

You think I’d forget about how I met you so easily?

It frustrates me every time I remember how you left without even saying goodbye.

I pulled the locket she gave me before the day they left.

 

-- Flashback --

“Hey Aaron, I’ve been keeping this locket ever since and I want you to have it.” She said as she passed the locket to me.

“Why? Isn’t this the locket on top of your diary? Why are you giving this to me?” I asked curiously.

“I have the key to that locket and we’ll open it when the right time comes.” She said while watching the stars in the sky.

“Huh? What are you saying? You’re confusing me, Gui.”

I just can’t get why she’s giving this to me. I know how important this is to her.

When I looked at her side, I saw her peacefully sleeping while leaning on the wall.

“Well, I’ll just ask her tomorrow. Goodnight, Gui.” I said while shifting my eyes from her to the stars above us.

-- End of Flashback --