XiaoXun

5:50

Aaron’s POV

 

I was shocked to see her in our house. No, that’s an understatement. I was dumfounded.

When I entered the kitchen, my eyes found their way to her and I just stared at her.

Those same eyes I last looked at when I was young.

I don’t know if I should be thanking Wangzi as I took my eyes off her.

“Did I hear it right? Cheese Croissant, you say?” Wangzi amusedly remarked.

 

Breakfast passed in a blur except for Wangzi’sstory on his encounter at Gui’s house.

After breakfast, I went to shower when my ringtone suddenly went off.

I had a message.

 

Hey Aaron, I’m coming over in a few.

Yeah, I’ll just be up in my room.’ I texted back.

 

Oh, I forgot that she’s going over in a few minutes.

I went downstairs to get myself a glass of water when I passed by the living room finding Wangzi and Gui playing Call of Duty.

“Hey not fair! Don’t distract me, Wangzi!” Gui shouted while pressing the buttons of the controller.

“Your fault, Gui! You’ll soon find yourself doing the dare for the loser.” Wangzi tucked his tongue out playfully.

It’s her third day, if I’m not mistaken.

First, the day she arrived and the first time I saw her.

Second, the day Wangzi told us their visit to Bubble Teas and the Amusement Park.

Third, the day of the breakfast and today.

 

“Yo Aaron! Want to join us?” Wangzi suddenly asked when he saw me standing in the living room.

I was about to refuse when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Wangzi stood up from the couch.

“Oh, hey XiaoXun. Aaron is here. Come in.” Wangzi said as he gave way for XiaoXun to pass.

“Thanks, Wangzi.” XiaoXun smiled as she entered the house.

“Hey Aaron, told you I’ll be over in a few.” She winked at me, off to approach me when she stopped.

“Oh, you guys have a visitor?” She was referring to Gui.

“Yup!Our childhood friend, Gui.”Wangziintroduced while moving closer to Gui.

“Hey I’m XiaoXun.” XiaoXun smiled as she stretched her hand for Gui to shake.

“I’m Guigui.” Gui shyly shook XiaoXun hands as she smiled.

“Let’s go, XiaoXun. We still have a lot to do.” I said as I pulled Jess to go up the stairs.

“See you later guys. Nice meeting you Guigui!” XiaoXuncheerfully remarked.

 

“How come I’ve never seen her before?” XiaoXun questioned me as we reached my room.

“Oh, she just arrived two days ago. It’s the first time I’ve seen her.” I lied.

“Huh? Isn’t she you childhood friend, so you should’ve met years ago?” She asked me confusedly.

“I don’t know. Can we not talk about it?” I didn’t know what to say.

“Okay, if that’s what you want. So what’s on our volunteer work this month?” She asked me while opening her planner.

“Well, we’ll be doing feeding programs for kids in the first half and we’ll be helping in the hospital in the second half.” I slowly explained to XiaoXun.

My family has always been part of volunteer works. Mom encouraged us to as she would always tell us how she and her friends would make time for those back in high school and in college.

That’s how I met XiaoXun. She was taking part in a volunteer work whereWangzi and I were helping.

 

“Oh, we’ll be busy then.” XiaoXun said as she noted those I said in her planner.

“XiaoXun I’ll just go down to bring us something to eat. Do you want to suggest something?” I asked.

“Anything’s fine.” She smiled at me.

 

As I was going down, I saw Wangzi and Gui watching television in the living room.

“Wangzi I forgot to ask you who XiaoXun is.” Gui asked while punching in some random channels on the remote control.

“Oh sorry, the introduction was cut short.” Wangzisaid while scratching his head. “XiaoXun is Aaron’s girlfriend.” Wangzi finished.