Guigui's Parents

5:50

Guigui’s POV

 

My fourth day here and I received a message thru mail yesterday, saying that my parents are visiting Taiwan to see how I’m doing.

Speaking of yesterday, it was my sudden encounter with Aaron and his girlfriend XiaoXun.

I knew he had one, but we’re not exactly friends or what right now so I wouldn’t know how to react to that.

 

Wangzi do you know how to cook?

I texted Wangzi so that I can prepare a little for the arrival of my parents. We exchanged cell phone numbers two days ago.

The reply came out pretty fast.

Why Gui? Do you need my help in cooking?

My parents are visiting Taiwan today. Tell Aunt Fan for me by the way.

Told her! Mom said she’ll prepare dinner for them because they have a lot of catching up to do. I’ll come over in a few minutes.

Thanks Wangzi! Say thanks to Aunt Fan for me.

 

Wangzi came faster than expected. Can you sense the sarcasm there?

“What took you so long?” I sighed.

“A friend of mine called me and well, it took me long to say goodbye.” He sheepishly replied.

“Are you sure it was just a friend of yours?” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Yeah Gui.” He laughed. “It was AoQuan, a guy, just so you know.”

“So you were into guys all this time?” I joked.

“I think so. When you left, I felt that way.”

We burst out laughing.

“AoQuan’s a friend of mine which I haven’t seen for about a year now. He just wanted to say that he’ll go visit with the others soon.” He explained.

“Okay so let’s start cooking!” I said cheerfully.

 

“Woah. You really know a lot of things, Wangzi.” I complimented.

“I know Gui.” He said smugly.

I slapped his arm. I know better than to compliment him.

“You’re too full of yourself.” I sighed.

“Just kidding.” He said as he put his arm around my shoulders. “We did a great job Gui.”

“Thanks for teaching and helping me.” I said as I pinched his cheeks and his arm fell to soothe his now red cheeks.

I laughed and muttered a ‘sorry’.

 

The doorbell rang and I found my parents were smiling at me outside.

“Mom!Dad!” I said as Ihugged them both and then moved further inside for them to enter the house.

“Gui, how are you?” They said as they went in. “Wait,who’s he?” They paused just noticing Wangzi now.

“Mom, Dad, this is Wangzi, the son of Aunt Fan and the twin brother of Aaron.” I explained as I closed the door.

“Is this really Wangzi? Wow, you’ve grown to be a really handsome young man.” My Mom complimented.

“Mom, don’t compliment him so much.” I said as I ruffled Wangzi’s hair.

My parents started laughing.

 

Dinner over Wangzi’s place passed in a blur, as my parents and Aunt Fan were doing a lot of catching up so me, Wangzi and Aaron were somewhat out of place.

When they were all able to say their goodbyes, we went straight home.

I told my parents that I’ll just tell them all my adventures in Taiwan tomorrow as they would also need to rest for the day.

 

I was about to get myself a glass of milk downstairs when I passed by my parents’ bedroom. It was slightly opened and I can hear them talking.

“I think we should tell her. She has the right to know.” My Mom quietly said.

“But how should we? It’ll be difficult for her and I wouldn’t know how to bring up the topic.” My Dad muttered.

“Gui should still know… that she has a sister - a sister that’s under coma.”

 

Who would’ve guessed that Gui has a sister? What will Gui do now that she knows her parents’ secret? How will their relationship and Gui’s life change from here?

Along with the big revelation, I will post a one-shot, well more like an essay, dedicated to my Mom. It will be titled as “One Day”. These two words can mean a lot and you guys will be the judge of that. :)