Chapter 7

Not Like Ice

Unfortunate Event #7 — Forced Out.

 

Leo sat on the couch and stared at his hands. He suddenly felt his mother sit beside him. "Sweetie it's been weeks, why aren't you talking to us anymore? You're not even eating properly." She asked in a worried tone. Leo gave her a you-know look. She sighed. "Jung Taekwon, we already went over this. Honey, why go to her? Can you see what she's done to you?" His mother said, her voice raised a little. "She's made me more happy then I have ever been..." He muttered quietly. His mother looked down. "I'm your mother.... I worry for you... Do you know how much it hurts to know you're in a hospital?" She asked. "Physical pain can never compare to mental pain..." He muttered again. "I HAD MENTAL PAIN WHEN YOU WERE IN A COMA!" His mother yelled, making him slightly wince. Hearing this, Leo's father entered the room. Then she calmed down and lowered her voice. "I had mental pain." She said again. "I have mental pain knowing that my parents never dared to visit me while I was dying." He retorted a little rudely, but still in his quiet tone. His mother looked down. "Fine. Leave." She said rudely. "What?" His father asked, shocked. Leo instantly stood up and started walking toward the door. "Don't forget your stuff." She added stiffly. Leo froze and turned around. "My stuff...?" 
 
A sudden knock came upon your door. You immediately sprang up and practically jumped down the flight of steps to your door. As you opened it, the mailman handed you your mail. "Oh... thanks..." You said with disappointment as you took the mail and shut the door. You plopped onto the couch and stared at the wall. After minutes, which seemed like endless hours, another knock came upon your. It's been weeks since you've seen Leo, so you sorta gave up right there. Sluggish, you walked to the door and opened it.
"OPPPPAAAAAAAA!" You yelled before running and hugging him. But then you noticed something else right as he hugged you back. You slowly backed up and saw a lot of suitcases. "Omo? Why did you bring all those luggages...?" You asked nervously. Leo looked down and scratched the back of his head. "I um... Got kicked out..." He said. "WHAT." You blurted out. "Aishh!!! Your parents are so mean!!" You said before you ran over to pick up a luggage and drag it into the house. Leo picked up the rest of the luggages and answered, "I know..." After he set them in the house, you shut the door and sat on the floor, staring at the luggages. "Well you could stay in the guest room if we had one..." You said. A slight smile came across his face. "Well since my parents packed up for their vacation their room is empty.. I guess you could stay in there." You said, pointing to a door. "Wow.. Is your room the only room upstairs?" He asked curiously. "Yeah... my room is huge... " You said. Leo nodded in understanding. "Alright let's get you unpacked!" You said before standing up. "Now?" He asked. "Yes! I don't like luggages on the floor, I might trip over them!" You said jokingly. Leo laughed and stood up to help you push the luggages into the empty room. You opened it up and saw a mess of clothes. "Oh we have a lot of work to do..." You mumbled.
 
 
"AND WE'RE DONE!!!" You yelled, slamming the last luggage shut. Leo stood up and stretched. "I need to walk around... Want to go to the park?" He asked. "Are you crazy?" You asked him as you looked up. He looked down. "I love the park... it's full of all my memories... good or bad." He said, remembering when you both first hung out. "B-But... Aish no!" You exclaimed as you also stood up. "Wae not? I mean I'm sure there's more police around there now." He said. "Yeah, so what? One stab to the heart and you're gone." You retorted. He quickly grabbed your hand. "You've been cooped in here too long." He said quietly. "Oppaa!!! I don't want to go to the park!!!" You begged as you tugged away from his grip, but it was no use. He kept a firm grip as he said, "We're not going to the park." Your eyes jerked up. "Wha? Then where are we going?" You asked, confused as ever. "We'll just go to the forest then." He said calmly. "EVEN WORSE." You yelled in your mind as he dragged you out of your house. "Wait my phoooneee!!!!" You said as you looked back. With his foot, he kicked the door shut. You pretended to cry and a slight smile came across his face. "You're such a child sometimes." He said really quietly. "But that's why you love me, neh??" You said back. Leo smiled at the ground and kept walking. After a while, he finally let go of your hand. You looked around curiously. Finally, the winter had lightened and there was a small layer of snow on the ground, not 2 feet. "Are we lost..." You mumbled. "No, we're just in the heart of the woods." He answered as he sat down on a rock and enjoyed the scenery. "Uhm...." You said as you walked around awkwardly. Leo smiled at you as he watched you. "What if we were being followed..." You said nervously. "N-" He was cut off as you said, "AISH I'm cold. Let's go home, neh?" Leo slapped himself in the face as you kept going on. "She worries too much. I need to get her mind off of her father." He thought in his mind. Then he had it. As you were in the middle of talking, you heard Leo scream. "OPPA?" You yelled as you ran to him. He was lying on the snow, unmoving. "OH MY ING GOD!!!" You yelled as you bent over and started hyperventilating. "No no no no!!" You screamed. Then you noticed there was nothing wrong with him.  "Did he get a heart attack??" You asked as you shook him. "OPPA DON'T DIE PLEASE!!" You screamed in terror. Then you almost started crying until suddenly, he pulled you onto the ground and rolled on top of you. He pinned you down securely. At once, Leo bursted into a loud laughter and he couldn't control himself. "OPPA!!!" You yelled. He kept laughing. You slapped his face lightly and looked away, pouting. "Aww don't be mad, you were worrying too much." He said charmingly as you squirmed beneath his grip, it was also no use. "You're mean..." You mumbled. "Awww you don't love me anymore..." He said sadly. "I NEVER SAID THAT!!" You said loudly. Leo smiled and kissed your forehead. "Hey wait.. you planned that all out, didn't you...." You said as you tried to stop your blushing. "Maybe..." He said quietly. "Hmmph." You said. Suddenly, there was a crunching of snow and you both looked up to see a man walking toward you two. "Shoot." You mumbled.