Chapter 4

Not Like Ice

Unfortunate Event #4 — Unexpected Punishment.

 

You woke up early that morning, a cold breeze ran over your skin. You shivered and sat up.
It was still cold.
It was still snowing.
It was still the same situation where you thought that one person you liked would at least believe you.
Sighing, you checked your phone, hoping maybe he called you. Nothing. Feeling remorseful, you couldn't help but decide to call him.
 
 
A song echoed through the room. Instantly Leo sat up and checked it. Your name came across the screen. Carefully, he answered. "Yoboseyo?" He said in a soft tone. Inside, his stomach fluttered. You finally called him. "Hey Oppa.. Um... Mianhae for yesterday...." You said, gulping. "Aha it's fine." He replied softly again. "Do you want to hangout again...?" You ask him. "Neh. Where?" He asked. "Same place!" You said, your voice very cheerful now. "Neh, see you there." He answered before hanging up.
 
After getting all dressed up, he headed out into the snow and started toward the park. The 2-foot snow didn't slow him down at all. He had found a way to walk on top. As he reached the spot where he had built his mini-snowmen, he froze. His little village was destroyed, smushed everywhere. Footsteps loomed over everything. And the footsteps were deep too. Sighing in disappointment, he kneeled down and began making more mini-snowmen. Right as he finished one, he pushed it onto a small hill and smiled. He got more snow and began making another one. Instantly, a foot stepped right in front of him, smushing his snowman and crushing his fingers. Leo screamed in pain as the foot pressed harder, pushing his fingers deep into the snow. Then the foot drew back and immediately Leo pulled his hands to his chest, checking if he could feel them. He looked up to see the old man from a few days ago. Gasping in horror, Leo backed up and tried to stand up to run, but he tripped and fell straight through the snow. The man bent over and grabbed Leo by the collar. "See your snowman?" He asked, gesturing towards Leo's snowman on the small hill. "Watch." The man added before stomping on it and smearing it everywhere. Leo stared, wide-eyed in horror. He gulped before shyly asking, "W-Why are you hurting p-people...?" The man glared at him. "Because you messed with my plan. And you will pay for it."
 
You finally reached the park and headed straight towards the place you'd meet Leo. As usual, the snow was about 2 feet high so you had to jump over clumps. As you got there, you expected to see his adorable mini snowmen village, but there was nothing. "Wah..." You said confused. Usually he was here first. "Oppa?" You asked as you looked around. Gone. Silence. "Uh.." You said. "Maybe I can make one for him!" You said cheerfully as you walked over to a huge pile of snow, using it as a hill. Suddenly, you noticed the pile was moving. "THE HELL?" You said. Immediately, you dug your hands into the snow and realized there was a body under there. You screamed so loud and fell back. Gasping and panting like crazy, you bent over and dug into the snow and pulled Leo's body out from underneath. "OPPA!" You screamed as you touched his unconcious body. Then you noticed red snow under him. You screamed even more as you flipped him over to reveal deep thrash wounds. You gently touched his forehead. He was too cold. Horrified, you wrapped your arms under his arms and dragged him through the snow, in effort to get him to your house. Then you saw it. The old man. Standing right on top of the snow, blocking your way. A fifty-year-old pedo who was really scaring you. You nearly dropped Leo's body. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM YOU BASTARD?" You screamed, although he was only a few feet in front of you. He walked toward you leisurely. "Eh, cut him up a little bit. All of a sudden he passed out and I didn't know what to do with him." He replied slyly. "YOU BASTARD YOU COULD'VE KILLED HIM!" You screamed again. "Well darling, that's the plan, isn't it?" He replied. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL ME DARLING!" You scream again. "Sweetie, I believe I have a right to call my daughter whatever I want." He said again. You stood there, eyes glaring at him. "You're. Not. My. Dad." You said madly. He walked toward you a little bit and you backed up. "Who's your dad then, huh?" He asked. "He's on a vacation... with mom...." You stuttered. "How do you know those are your real parents? How can you be so stupid?" He asked, his tongue like a whip. "I AM NOT! GET AWAY FROM ME AND LEAVE MY FRIEND ALONE!" You screamed. He sighed in a fake way. "Darling, I don't want my daughter dating someone at such a young age. The other day I tried to take you to my house so I could explain that I'm your real father, but you refused and had that boy help you. That's when I realized he was probably your lover. And I don't want any boyfriends." He said as if he were in charge. "FOR THE LAST TIME, YOU AREN'T MY ING FATHER!!!" You screamed again before lifting Leo's body and trying to carry him through the snow again. "Oh so stupid. That's not gonna work." He said teasingly. "SHUT THE HELL UP!" You yelled at the top of your lungs. "Fine. Suit yourself. Good luck darling." He said before turning and walking away. You didn't feel like yelling back, for saving Leo was your #1 thing to do at this moment. With all your might, you tugged on him quickly until you finally reached a city sidewalk, where random strangers roamed nearby. "SOMEBODY CALL 911!" You screamed loudly. Immediately, a woman nearby takes out her phone and calls. As she does, you set Leo down on the sidewalk gently and rest his head on your lap as you hovered over him. You clasped your hands on both of his cheeks, hoping to keep his face warm. "Oppa oppa don't worry neh? That's what you always said to me right? Please don't leave..." You whispered as you rubbed your fingers on his face. You could feel it warming up a little bit. Soon enough, the ambulance was heard and a cloud of relief came upon you.