Chapter 7

Belief

The boy, which made Rae Jin fall, gulped and looked to the ground. He didn’t know how evil Kyuhyun is, but he heard. Kyuhyun knew who did it, everyone knew and they thought he will do something, but the look that Kyuhyun gave everyone made them to look at their feet, not wanting to even look up at Sooyoung.

“You okay?” this time asked Donghae as he put hand on her back. Her cheeks turned a little pinkish as she nodded. They continued their way to the principal office, who was sitting nervously in his chair, as two guards, Kyuhyun and Sora were in his office, standing right in front of him, while Donghae, Sooyoung and Rae Jin were sitting on sofa.

“Miss Sora,” principal started, breaking the silence, and smiled nervously. As he wanted to continue with his talking she raised her hand, immediately shutting him up.

“I will be straight forward with you, Mr. Go.” this time she started. “My niece,” she pointed at Rae Jin, “will have a guard with herself, so you don’t have to give her a ride to school and back to Super Junior’s dorm. And as for in school, she and Sooyoung will both have each guard and if I just hear one word from guards that they were bullied or anything, I will make those students drop out of school or transfer them to another school, but I think you don’t want that as well as them.” she said, finally letting out what she bottled inside for so long.

“But,” principal wanted to say something, but this time Kyuhyun spoke: “Sora isn’t even reaching my first level, and I assure you, you don’t want to see what I can do.” looking at him with coldness in his eyes. This time principal startled, feeling how serious they both are. Letting a sigh out in defeat, he closed his eyes and nodded.

“Good,” smiled Sora and turned to Rae Jin.

“I don’t want this, ahjumma.” she said quietly as she stood up.

“It is too late to back out now.” she smiled and caressed her hair behind her ear as she looked in her eyes. “I can only protect you and Sooyoung like this…” she added and leaned her forehead on Rae Jin’s.

“But still…” murmured Rae Jin and bit her lip. “I don’t want to be treated special. I just want to be normal high school student who has two years to finish Economics.”

“I know,” Sora quietly sighed and hugged her. “But believe me, if Donghae, Kyuhyun and I wouldn’t step in, you would be bullied even more.” she said and cupped Rae Jin’s face in her hands. “I’m your ahjumma, protecting you when your parents can’t. Donghae and Kyuhyun are your friends that will protect you while your parents and I won’t be around. That guard will protect you when no one of us will be around.” she smiled.

Sighing in defeat, Rae Jin nodded and looked at her aunt. “Gomawo,” she whispered and hugged her.

“Now go to class, you two.” said Donghae as they just heard bell.

“Crap!” Sooyoung and Rae Jin said at the same time and ran out, with Donghae yelling behind: “Don’s run!” They stopped running and turned around; stick their tongues out while smiling widely.

“She smiled,” murmured Sora and smiled lightly. “She will finally be happy,” she added and looked down as they walked out of office.

Finally be happy? She will be, but only for a while when she is in school, because once she comes back to dorm...what will she do?

Taking deep breath, after letting a sigh out, Rae Jin grabbed the hook and opened the doors. She was already late, 9pm, like yesterday. When she walked in, she expected Kangin, Yesung, Heechul or Leeteuk to yell at her, while others would just give her the look, but nothing happened. Everything was in dark.

“D-Donghae?” she called.

No answer

“K-Kyuhyun?” she called again.

Again no answer. She slowly walked to kitchen where she saw Shindong trying to make some food.

“Shindong-ssi,” she called him quietly. He turned around surprised and smiled as he saw that it is only Rae Jin. “W-what are you doing?” she asked and walked to him.

“I wanted to make some dinner for guys, when they will come, but I realized it isn’t easy to cook.” he laughed. Rae Jin chuckled, making Shindong surprise even more.

“It’s okay, I will make some food.” she smiled and took his place instead.

“You are a lifesaver.” Shindong sighed from relief. Rae Jin smiled lightly as she started doing dinner.

***

“We’re back!” Heechul’s voice echoed in apartment. Rae Jin startled by his voice but she didn’t care, she just wanted to have some sleep after doing so many thing today in school with Sooyoung. They could finally hang out together without anyone interfering.

“It smells good…” murmured Eunhyuk, smiling widely.

“Hyung!” called Ryeowook and ran into kitchen where everything was prepared. “You didn’t burn the kitchen.” he sighed from relief.

“Actually,” Shindong wanted to say something, but he couldn’t since everyone were already sitting and eating while talking. Letting a sigh out he joined them, but then he remembered Rae Jin sleeping on couch. He stood up and walked to doorway where he saw Donghae smiling sadly as he covered Rae Jin with blanket that he brought from his room. He observed him for a second, realizing with how much sadness and hurt he’s looking at her. Shindong knew that there’s something wrong in the way Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun are protecting her from the guys.

“Hae, it’s dinner.” spoke Shindong, startling him.

“Yeah,” nodded Donghae and stood up.

When he reached Shindong, he put his hand on Donghae’s shoulder and whispered in his ear: “She made dinner.” A smile formed on Donghae's lips as he walked into kitchen and sat beside Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun who were eating quietly. He whispered to them what Shindong to him and a wide smile formed on their lips.

“What’s so funny?” asked Yesung as he saw them smiling.

“Nothing,” smiled Kyuhyun. “I just heard something...like when you mishear something, you know?” he said and looked at him.

“You don’t make any sense.” said Heechul, joining the conversation.

“I don’t?” asked Kyuhyun surprised and tapped his chin. “I guess I really don’t.” he shrugged and continued eating.

“Ya!” hissed Heechul and pointed at him with his spoon. This time Rae Jin woke up, since they were getting quite loud. She sat up and looked around, holding blanket in her hands.

“Could you be quiet please? Rae Jin is sleeping.” said Eunhyuk.

“Why do I have to be quiet?” scoffed Heechul. “What if you’d be quiet when I’m sleeping?” he asked angry. Rae Jin quietly stood up and walked in her room, since she didn’t want to hear anything. She locked herself inside, and put earphones in her ears, listening to her music.

“Do you wake up every morning at 4.30am?” Kyuhyun started asking.

“No,” answered Heechul and looked at him confused.

“Do you go to school every day where you’re bullied but you have to put through this so you can end high school in peace and start working to make some money?” he asked again.

“Why are you asking me this?” he sighed quietly.

“Do you?” he ignored him.

“No,” answered Heechul and looked at him.

“And...do you come home at 9pm or even later and then some idiot starts yelling at you saying that you must make dinner, when all you want to is sleep and have some peace?”

“Kyu!” called Sungmin in disbelief. Kyuhyun ignored him as he was staring at Heechul while he stared back at him.

“Fine, I give up.” Heechul raised his hands and leaned back. “What are you trying to say?” he asked.

“Stop being such a pain in the and start acting like an adult.” he said straight forward. Siwon spit out what he had inside, including Donghae and Ryeowook. They all looked at Heechul who remained calmed, but his eyes were giving him away. They looked at Kyuhyun who didn’t move his eyes from him.

“Kyu,” murmured Donghae and put hand on his shoulder. He didn’t move away his eyes as he kept staring at Heechul who stared back. You could clearly see what is going on in their minds; a world war III. or worse.

In the mean time, Rae Jin was sitting on her bed in her room, hugging her legs while listening to music and humming to herself, which soon turned into singing. She already forgot that guys were in the kitchen hearing very well when she started singing. She was listening to Avril Lavigne’s song and started singing it as she closed her eyes. Her English was perfect, which made Kyuhyun and Heechul look towards her doors as well as others.

“Why does she...sing with such sadness?” asked Siwon quietly. Everyone was quiet, listening to her.

“Was she awake the whole time?” asked Kangin and looked at guys who only shrugged. “But she was sleeping when we came.” He mumbled confused.

“She woke up when you two were arguing.” murmured Eunhyuk and looked at Heechul and Kyuhyun.

“I don’t care, murmured Heechul, stood up and walked out of kitchen into living room, sitting on couch.

“Why are you on her side, Kyu?” asked Leeteuk.

“What do you mean?” he asked and looked at the leader, but soon he realized what he meant.


A/N

Annyeong~

Firstly; I'm sorry for not updating in a while. It took me some time to get a will to actually rewrite some things. *sighs*

Secondly; I won't be updating for a week, because I'm going on graduation trip in...7 hours and half, which is at 12am CEST.

Third; Thank you for subrscibing and please comment or send a msg if you like it not. It wouldn't mean a lot and I the updates might be faster than they are. Otherwise, the story will end soon.

ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE...How are ya'all doing? :D