Chapter 3

Belief

“Ya!” his face darkened and pointed at me. “No dirty tricks!” he said.

“Okay,” I shrugged and walked closer to him. He examined me from head to toe as I smiled lightly and started stretching my fingers and hands. “Are you ready?” I asked with a grin.

“Ready for what?” he was confused, but suddenly ended on the floor, laughing loudly as I was tickling his stomach, where he’s ticklish the most.

“Stop it!” he cried as I kept on tickling him.

“Why should I?” I asked and smiled a little.

“If you won’t stop…I won’t stop either!” he laughed and started tickling me back, right where I’m ticklish the most; the sides of my body. In an instant I was on the ground while he was on top.

“S-stop it!” I stuttered yelling while laughing loudly.

“Why should I?” he grinned. I was laughing till tears came out while kicking with my legs, trying to get Donghae off me.

After a minute has passed he took mercy on me and stopped tickling, lying beside me on the floor.

“That was good,” he laughed lightly.

“Well, one thing is true,” I said looking up into ceiling.

“What?” he asked and looked at me. I turned my head, looking back at him, sticking my tongue out as I answered: “Not going to tell you.”

“Ya!” he groaned and gently hit me in the shoulder. I stuck tongue at him again and smiled widely. “Oh yeah,” he remembered. “Do you know any of our dance moves?” he asked.

“I know a little of Mr. Simple.” I answered and started moving my hands, like they’re doing in music video, while lying on the ground.

“Only that?” he laughed.

“Are you jealous because I can do it better than you?” I smirked. He laughed again and sat up, looking at our reflection in the mirror.

“Nae, Rae Jin,” he called me. I sat up as well and looked straightly at him while he kept his eyes on the mirror.

“Yeah?” I asked quietly.

“Do you really want to live with us?” he asked. My eyes widened a little as I chuckled nervously thinking of what I should say.

“Right now, I want to...” I answered quietly again. I want to because of you. I smiled lightly to myself.

“Okay!” he sang and jumped from the floor. I looked at him confused as he handed his hand out. “We won’t go home early tonight, so you better be prepared.” he grinned. I chuckled and took his hand, which pulled me up.

“I’m ready,” I smiled. He smiled back and started doing exercises. I followed what he was doing for a while till he said it’s enough. After our exercise, he firstly showed a few moves which he’ll thought me for today. I couldn’t say that I wasn’t happy; I was, but there was that strange feeling that made me suddenly lose my feet.

“Rae Jin, are you okay?” Donghae rushed to me while I was lying on the ground with my heart beating fast like there was no tomorrow. Putting hand on my heart I couldn’t feel its heartbeat, yet it was beating so fast.

“I’m...tired...” I murmured and closed my eyes.

“Don’t fall asleep.” he gently smacked my cheeks, making me to open my eyes. “I’ll get you water.” he said and ran out of the room.

Not a minute has passed and he was already back all breathless as he helped me to lean on my elbows while opening bottle and gave it to my mouth. Taking long deep sips, made me want to close my eyes again, but just like before Donghae woke me up. Minutes have passed and this time I was looking around for something. Actually I wasn’t looking, I was dizzy, that’s why my eyes were all around.

“My phone...” I murmured.

“I don’t know where you have it, but use mine.” he answered and took his phone.

“C-call Sora...” I said and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

I woke up in a hospital. Next to me was sitting mom on a chair, while Sora and Donghae were talking to each other near the window.

“Rae Jin,” murmured mom and sighed from relief. Sora and Donghae turned around and walked to me, asking: “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I smiled.

“Geez, you made me sick worried when you closed your eyes. I thought I killed you!” he faked a cry.

“You didn’t,” I smiled. “It’s just that I don’t have much energy.” I said and let a sigh out.

“But you did a very good job.” he smiled and messed my hair.

“So, when can I go home?” I asked and tried to sit up, but mom and Sora pushed back down, while Donghae’s smile disappeared. I was confused by their sudden actions.

“About this...” mom started. “You’ll have to stay here for while.” she said and let a sigh out. “It seems you have some kind of disease that makes your heart beat uncontrollably.”

“What?” I was confused. “So you mean to say that all this time when my heart was beating uncontrollably it was because of disease?” I asked.

“You had these kinds of attacks before?” Sora asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “I was sitting on my bed when my heart suddenly started racing like it would pop out of my chest. I thought it’s just a cause of reading an interesting book.” I explained and bit my lower lip.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” mom asked shocked. I looked away not wanting to say anything.

The rest of the day passed by quietly and calmly. Somehow I managed to convince doctor that I can leave hospital with Donghae. I smiled at him while we were sitting in a cab, driving back to dorm. Luckily I still had my clothes on me when I woke up in hospital.

“You feeling okay?” he asked worriedly after we reached dorm.

“I’m fine,” I smiled and walked inside. Hearing how he let a sigh out I bit my lower lip and stepped in the elevator.

When we walked inside the apartment I could feel and see anger of the guys in their eyes when they looked at me. I instantly looked down to the ground.

“Where were you?” Yesung asked Donghae, moreover hissing at him.

“We were exercising.” Donghae lied, though he was telling the truth.

“You’re lying.” calmly spoke Leeteuk, though you could hear anger boiling inside.

This time I looked up and spoke for the first time: “It’s my fault.” All nine eyes ended on me, which made my heart beat faster. Not as much as before, but faster enough to make me sleepy, but I forced myself to be awake. “I asked him if he wants to go with me to my home since I forgot something.” I smiled sadly and bowed. “I’m really sorry,” I apologized.

“Rae Jin, what are you doing?” asked Donghae and held me for elbow, making me to look at him. Seeing how my eyes were closing slowly he knew that I’m having another attack.

“Do you know what you caused?” Heechul snapped out. I startled by sudden yell and looked at him.

“And for you, hyung, to not even picking up your phone! Are you trying to worry us?!” Siwon spoke angrily.

It’s my entire fault. I thought as everyone was yelling at Donghae and me.

“Don’t yell at Donghae. It’s my fault. Everything is my fault.” I said, but this time Donghae spoke as well: “Why are you making such a big fuss over this?! It’s not like I got killed!”

“What if you would get killed?” asked Sungmin angry.

“Why would I get killed?” he scoffed.

“I want to sleep...” I murmured to myself and closed my eyes.

“We’re not done, Missy!” hissed Heechul and grabbed my wrist. My eyes teared up, looking down as I realized that it’ll never get better.

“Ya!” yelled Donghae and grabbed his hand, making him to release mine. They were arguing and yelling over each other, while Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun were quietly standing behind, listening to everything.

“Fine!” I snapped, yelling, making everyone to look at me in shock. “I’m overweight! So what?! You really don't want to live with me for a month?!” I yelled. “I’ll leave if you want me to.” I added quietly, since I got tired because of my fast beating heart. “And as for you,” I spoke without honorifics, making them flinch. “I was thankful when you saved me with your music.” Turning around, I wobbled my way to my room, where I closed the doors and fall on the ground when I tried to walk to my bed.

“J-just a...little...” I murmured as I tried to reach my bed, but I couldn’t. I could still hear yelling from outside, but it stopped when someone slammed the doors.

Few minutes have passed when doors opened and someone ran inside, kneeling next to me. It was Donghae.

“Why didn’t you stay in hospital?” he asked quietly and helped me to lie in bed where he covered me with blanket and sat down, caressing my hair away that were in the way.

“I...don’t want to worry...anyone.” I whispered and smiled lightly. “I just need sleep and water...nothing else.” I added.

“I’ll get water for you.” he said and stood up. While I was waiting for him I fell asleep while my heart was still beating fast.

No one’s POV

Donghae ran out of the room into kitchen where Ryeowook was making dinner. “Dinner will be in fifteen minutes.” he said in cold voice.

“I’m not hungry,” Donghae coldly said back as he poured cold water in big glass.

“Where are you taking water?” this time he asked worriedly as he saw his expression, mix of anger, sadness and worry.

“Why do you care?” he hissed and made his way back to Rae Jin’s room. Ryeowook let a quiet sigh out, while Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun looked after Donghae in the room, where they saw someone lying on bed. They recognized Rae Jin and worriedly looked at each other. Standing up, they walked towards her room and leaned on doors, trying to hear what they’re saying, but all they could hear was Rae Jin's muttering.


A/N

Update~

In few more chapters, or maybe in the next one, there will be Leeteuk and Sora together.

I really apologize if it's not like you wished, but I'll try my best.

Comment and subscribe

My feelings right now. I feel like a crap in these Summer holidays.. -__- and one more month until senior year starts.. >,>