Chapter 5

Belief

A ringtone of Big Bang's Fantastic Baby woke her up. She walked out of bed, took her school uniform that was on the chair, by her table, long black stockings together with towel and walked out of her bedroom into bathroom to wash. After she was done, she walked back into her room to take her phone and school bag.

“Do you want to eat?” asked Ryeowook when Rae Jin walked into kitchen.

“Eh?” she was startled, but quickly added: “Thanks, but I don’t eat breakfast.” with a smile.

“Then at least take this.” He said quietly and gave her lunch box. Her eyes widened from surprise and looked at him who smiled.

“W-why?” she stuttered and took it.

“I want you to try my cooking.” He smiled and put hand in front of his mouth embarrassed.

“Thank you,” Rae Jin smiled gently, making Ryeowook’s heart skip a beat. “I’m going now, otherwise I’ll be late for my bus.” She said and bowed deeply.

“Be safe~” sang Ryeowook while watching her how she ran out of kitchen. She waved with her bag in the air and quickly jumped in her shoes already running out of apartment. As soon as she stepped out of dorm, doors of a van opened. She stopped and looked at the person surprised, and shocked at the same time, since the person that was standing in front of her was principal himself.

“S-sir,” she stuttered and bowed deeply.

“Rae Jin,” he smiled and stepped closer to her.

“What are you doing here, if I may ask?” she asked carefully and quietly.

“We came to get you.” he smiled and stepped aside. “Come, let’s talk while driving.” He said. Rae Jin gulped and made her way to the can where her homeroom teacher was sitting as well.

“T-teacher,” Rae Jin bowed once again.

“Morning,” she smiled and waved. Rae Jin stepped inside and sat beside her teacher. After principal sat in front of them, they drove on the road.

The whole ride was quiet, until Rae Jin decided to break it. “S-sir, w-why did you pick me u-up?” she asked slowly. “I-I can use b-bus…” she stuttered.

“We got a call from your aunt, saying we should at least do this much, since you’re living with Super Junior for a month.” He answered. Her eyes widened and just when she wanted to ask how they know this, he answered: “Miss Kang told us herself. She wants you to be safe.” and smiled.

Rae Jin quietly nodded and looked through window. I told you I don’t need any drive or guards… She thought and bit her lower lip. For me to be safe…I can take care of myself well.

After reaching school, all eyes were on Rae Jin, talking how she’s using principal and teacher. In fact, they didn’t know that she’s living with Super Junior, which is probably the best, since it could get quite messy and uncomfortable if they find out.

Sitting by table, in lunch time, she was observing lunch box that Ryeowook made, wondering if she would open it or not. But like every other day, students didn’t leave her alone.

“Hey, nerd!” someone suddenly called her, but she ignored it.

“Leave her, can’t you see that she’s in love with book…” someone said, making everyone else laughing. Indeed she had a book beside her, but at the moment, she wasn’t reading.

She wanted to eat in silence and piece, but because everyone was pulling jokes on her she let a quiet sigh out, stood up taking her lunch box together with book and walked out of the dining room on the rooftop, where no one was going except her.

She sat on the ground, with lunch box on her lap, and opened it, revealing curry. Her lips curled up in a smile, since it was her favorite dish.

“Itadakimasu~” she quietly sang and started eating. Quietly eating in silence, she was listening to music on her phone while looking up into blue sky where, from time to time, a bird flew by.

Nearing to the end of the lunch break, she walked towards her locker to take books for her next class, Music. It was her favorite subject, right after Art class, but today it seemed like it was her worst day.

The moment she walked in the class, she got called by names and some of them even threw papers at her. Only when teacher walked in, they stopped, but after school while she was quietly waiting for her ride, she had piece which made her relax for a bit.

“Could you please go to this address?” she asked and gave driver a small piece of paper where address of Sora’s working place was written. The driver narrowed his eyebrows, having no idea what to say. “It’s okay, I’ll walk if you don’t have time.” She said quietly and almost opened the doors, when he stopped her, saying: “It’s okay,” She smiled sadly and seat belted herself, before they drove on the road.

“Omo, Rae Jin,” receptionist smile when she spotted her walking towards her.

“Annyeong, Melina-ssi,” smiled Rae Jin and bowed. “Is my aunt here?” she asked.

Everyone in Sora’s company, KM Culture, knew that Rae Jin is her niece and they knew that they shouldn’t tell anyone about this, especially on the wish of the president and Kang Sora alone. They wanted to give two body guards for Rae Jin, so she could be protected, but she declined the offer.

“She is,” Melina smiled. Rae Jin smiled once again and bowed before she walked away to the place where she could be; theatre where she was practicing for her play.

“Rae Jin,” Sora smiled widely, after seeing her walking down the path, between chairs.

“Auntie,” smiled Rae Jin and hugged her.

“What are you doing here right from school?” she asked surprised.

“You know… I want to tell you, like I promised.” She smiled in answer.

“Oh!” Sora remembered. “Come,” she murmured. They walked down the stairs, in the first road and sat in the middle. “I heard on TV that a girl is going to live with Super Junior for a month.” She said and looked at her. “It’s you, right?” she asked.

“Yes, it’s me.” nodded Rae Jin and started telling her everything; from the moment she got a letter till now that she’s sitting with her. Sora was quietly listening, though she was angrier on guys than before.

“Luckily, in school they don’t know about me, otherwise I don’t even know what they would do…” murmured Rae Jin and looked down at her hands.

“Sora?” they suddenly heard Leeteuk’s voice from behind. Sora looked towards doors where saw Leeteuk looking inside.

“Leeteuk?” she asked surprised. He looked at her and smiled when he stepped in the room. Rae Jin’s eyes widened. She didn’t want for Leeteuk to know that she’s niece of Sora, so she quickly grabbed her stuff, hugged Sora and ran on the other side, while Leeteuk was confusedly looked after her, trying to see who she was.

“Jinny!” called Sora. Rae Jin stopped right in front of doors, without turning around. “Tell Melina that she must call a van and a body guard to accompany you. If you won’t I’ll give you two.” She threatened. Rae Jin didn’t say anything in answer; instead she just opened doors and rushed out.

“Who was that?” asked Leeteuk, after reaching Sora.

“My niece.” She answered coldly and looked at him angrily. “What are you doing here?” she asked. Leeteuk could hear coldness and anger in her voice. He gulped and suddenly showed her a bouquet of red roses from his back. Sora’s eyes widened when she looked at roses; they were her favorite flowers.

She smiled taking them, but soon realized why Leeteuk did that. “You think I’ll forgive you?” she asked coldly once again and looked at him.

“No,” he smirked, catching her off guard. “That’s why I brought you this as well.” He smiled and gave her Milka chocolate. Sora’s eyes widened and quickly took chocolate, since she didn’t have it in a long time.

“With strawberries…” she murmured smiling and kissed Leeteuk’s cheek. He smiled, knowing that he was forgiven, because everytime a girl kisses guy’s cheek, after being angry at you, means she forgives you. That is what Leeteuk learned from her.

“Thank you,” she smiled. “But I still won’t forgive you.” she added, making him frown; he didn’t expect that.

“B-but why?” he stuttered. “I don’t even know your niece. How could I know who I treat badly or not?” he asked and went with fingers through his hair. “I don’t understand you.” he let a sigh out.

“If you don’t understand me, what are you doing here then?” she asked.

“Because I’m learning something new about you.” he answered and cupped her face in his hands.

Out of nowhere there was a sudden yell: “Cut!” making Leeteuk’s eyes wide open, while Sora smiled sadly. She knew that Rae Jin won’t forgive her.

In the mean time, Rae Jin was walking down the street with bag on her shoulder, while listening to P!nk’s song, Try. She didn’t tell receptionist anything, she just ran out of the building.

It was already 9 in the evening when she came back to the dorm. That is how long she was walking; for four hours, stopping in the middle for half an hour and then continued. She was hungry, but she didn’t care. She was thirsty, but she didn’t care. Her heart was beating fast, having a cardiac attack, but she didn’t care.

Slowly opening the doors, she walked inside and heard laughter from the kitchen. Without greeting, she put her shoes down and put them aside, in the corner, before walking straightly into her room. Putting bag on her table, she lied on bed where she was resting for few minutes, until someone knocked on the doors.


Author's Note

I heard there are going to be shooting stars tonight...

I sound stupid for suddenly talking about shooting stars and those wishes at one time (like 11:11 and 8:12 - my birthday), but I feel like they've become true. I mean. If I'm lucky, Super Junior will have a concert in London (and Paris) and my brother agreed we'll go no matter what.. It's true that the saying that those shooting stars are dead for years, just like my dreams, but we shouldn't give up.

GAH...I really WANT TO GO on SS5 and I WILL GO. Psh...I don't care if I go alone. >,> well...I DO care, because I'd probably get lost the moment I step off the plane or train.. I'm serious right now. Sometimes I have NO sense of orientation..but I survived.. witchcraft, I tell you >:D jk

MiharuRaeJin outto till tomorrow evening