Chapter 4

Belief

“I shouldn’t have let you leave the hospital. You’re sick and if something like this happens again you can die…” he sighed.

“What?” Eunhyuk murmured wide-eyed while Kyuhyun remaied calm, but you could see he was shocked and surprised, hearing what Donghae just said. They heard some murmuring again.

“On top of that why did you lie saying we went home when you were in hospital?” Donghae asked again. This time Eunhyuk opened the doors, making Donghae and Rae Jin shut up immediately. She glanced to see who it was while Donghae didn’t even bother to look.

“It’s Eunhyuk-ssi and Kyuhyun-ssi…” she murmured lifeless. This time Donghae turned around and looked at them while Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun were staring at the two.

“What’s going on?” Eunhyuk broke the silence.

“What do you mean?” asked Donghae, playing confused.

“We heard you…” Kyuhyun quietly spoke.

“You were eavesdropping?” hissed Donghae and stood up. “Come in,” he murmured and pulled them inside, closing the doors behind. “How much do you know?” he asked after he sat down.

“We just heard something about death and hospital.” answered Eunhyuk murmuring and narrowed his eyebrows. Donghae let a sigh out and looked at Rae Jin who was sleeping while sweating, which was the side effect of her disease.

“She has Cardiac Arrhythmia, WPW syndrome, which makes her heart beating fast like she just ran two marathons.” started Donghae and explained everything; from the morning till now. But one thing he didn’t tell them, which is Kang Rae Jin being a niece of Kang Sora, just like he promised to her.

Suddenly there was a knock on the doors. Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun startled and looked at doors which slowly opened, revealing Ryeowook peeking inside.

“It’s dinner,” he said. The three of them nodded which made Ryeowook a little suspicious, but he just shrugged it off and walked back into kitchen where everyone else was sitting already. Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun let a sigh out and looked at each other, wondering what they should do. At the end they walked into kitchen and sat down on their seats.

“Where’s Rae Jin?” asked Shindong when he realized she wasn’t with them.

“She isn't hungry.” answered Kyuhyun and started eating, while Yesung and Heechul rolled with their eyes at his answer. Donghae, tired of all this, stood up, took plate for Rae Jin and walked towards her room.

“Ya, if she doesn’t want to eat, leave her alone…” said Kangin.

“Shut up, Kangin!” hissed Kyuhyun informally. Everyone looked at him in shock and disbelief.

“What if you were in her shoes? How would you feel?” asked Eunhyuk this time. Everyone looked from one to another as they stood up as well, with their plates putting on cupboard, and walked after Donghae inside Rae Jin’s room.

“What is wrong with them?” Leeteuk narrowed his eyebrows.

“I’ve never seen Kyuhyun so angry.” murmured Sungmin and looked towards closed doors.

“I wonder what’s going on in there…” thought Ryeowook loudly.

“What do you mean?” asked Siwon.

“When I looked inside, saying it’s dinner, they cornered Rae Jin like they didn’t want for me to see her.” he explained.

“She was probably doing something…” murmured Heechul in answer. Suddenly the doors opened, revealing Eunhyuk.

“Hyung,” called Siwon. He startled a little and looked at them. “What’s going on?” he asked him.

“Nothing,” he answered shortly. Heechul cursed something and stood from his seat, but Siwon stopped him with his hand. Heechul groaned and sat down while he glaring at Eunhyuk who walked into bathroom and walked out after a minute with towel, back into Rae Jin’s room.

“Seriously, what is going on?” this time, Yesung groaned and stood up trying to walk into her room when a sudden knock stopped him.

“Jung Soo, I know you’re home!” Sora’s angry voice echoed from the hall. Leeteuk’s eyes widened as he stood up and walked to doors opening them, revealing angry Sora.

“What’s wrong?” he asked confused and a little afraid.

“You even ask!?” she scoffed. “How can you treat my niece like that?” she asked angrily. Everyone heard everything what she was saying, including Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun who were with Rae Jin.

“Your niece? I don’t know her…” quietly said Leeteuk and looked at others who only shrugged. Just when she wanted to say something again, Donghae appeared, calling her quietly: “Sora,” She startled a little and looked at him. Leeteuk looked at him confused and then back at Sora whose eyes were now teary. With those eyes that Donghae was looking, told Sora everything. Then she pierced her eyes back at Leeteuk forcing him to take a step back.

“You’re lucky that she likes you and guys so much.” she poked into his chest and walked out of apartment, leaving them speechless, except for Donghae who walked back in the room. Confused and shocked at Sora’s behavior, Leeteuk walked into kitchen and collapsed on the chair.

“S-Sora has a…niece?” stuttered Sungmin surprised.

“S-she’s joking right?” Heechul laughed awkwardly. Everyone remained quiet as they were thinking hardly who that niece might be. Inside Rae Jin’s room, the three of them, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun, were talking with each other while Rae Jin was sleeping. She calmed down, but she was tired from the fight that occurred when she came back with Donghae. Out of nowhere Ryeowook smelled something which grabbed his attention. He walked around the kitchen and living room, making everyone confused why he’s smelling around so much.

“What are you doing Wookie?” asked Shindong while observing him.

“Don’t you smell this?” he asked still sniffing around.

“Smell what?” asked Siwon, sniffing as well. “All I smell is food.” he murmured and shrugged. Others nodded in agreement when they smelled dinner, nothing else. Letting a quiet sigh out, Ryeowook sniffed for the last time right when he was passing by Rae Jin’s room. The smell led and stopped right there.

“Were Donghae, Eunhyuk or Kyuhyun in hospital lately?” he asked and looked at guys.

“Nope,” they shook their heads. Ryeowook looked at closed doors and remembered when Leeteuk was yelling at Rae Jin. Her face was red from anger and embarrassment, but she quickly became pale. His eyes widened when he realized that something is wrong with her. He wanted to open the doors, but it quickly got open by Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun,” he murmured surprised. Kyuhyun blinked few times as he looked at him and smiled. “Is everything okay?” asked Ryeowook worriedly.

“Of course.” he answered and walked out, closing the doors behind. “Let me help you with dishes.” he added and took Ryeowook’s hand, leading him away from Rae Jin’s room. Shindong and Sungmin realized that Kyuhyun is hiding something, since he doesn’t usually helps with anything, except playing his game.

The two of them looked at each other and then towards Rae Jin’s door when they opened once again, revealing Eunhyuk walking into kitchen.

“Guys,” he called and looked at Shindong, Sungmin and Siwon.

“Yeah?” asked Siwon and looked at him. Shindong and Sungmin quickly forgot about Kyuhyun who was making Ryeowook busy.

“Let’s go exercise for a while.” he said.

“Did you hit your head, Hyuk?” laughed Shindong.

“Seems so,” laughed Eunhyuk and scratched the back of his neck.

“It wouldn’t be bad if we go out for a while.” smiled Sungmin and stood up. Shindong and Siwon stood up as well and walked in their own rooms, since they need to get ready if they want to go out. Others didn’t mind about what they’re doing, they just want to have peace and silence.

Everyone was in their own rooms, including Donghae. He didn’t want to leave Rae Jin alone, but after Kyuhyun ended helping with Ryeowook he told him that guys will be too suspicious if he stays in her room. At first he resisted and opposed, wanting to stay there, but at the end he gave up and walked out of her room. Rae Jin was sleeping tightly the whole night. She only woke up when she had to use bathroom and that was in the morning when Ryeowook was making breakfast in the kitchen.

“Ugh,” groaned Rae Jin, scratching her head as she sat up, suddenly waking up. “I don’t want to go to toilet…” she murmured to herself in English, since she was good at it. Stepping out of bed, she made her way to doors where she opened them and walked out, without looking towards kitchen where she got Ryeowook’s attention.

“Rae Jin?” he called her. She didn’t hear him when she opened the doors and walked in the bathroom. After she walked back out, she was standing there for a minute.

This time, Ryeowook walked to her. “Rae Jin,” he called her and slowly touched her shoulder.

“Hm?” she murmured and rubbed her eyes and looked at him with her other half open eye.

“Are you okay?” he asked, looking at her in worry. She didn’t answer, but only nodded smiling sadly which he realized. This smile. Her look in the eyes. What is she hiding? he thought as he watched her going back to her room, where she lied down and continued sleeping, but had to wake up thirty minutes later, since it was time for school.


Author's Note

Sora's angry.. What will she do? And Ryeowook, Shindong and Sungmin? They know something is up. Will they find out? Or will Rae Jin hide it too well?

I like to read comments, so don't be shy, but if you don't want to comment on the story, you can send me a message instead. And as always, thanks for reading. :)

Few minutes ago, I posted a description of my new one shot that stars Kyuhyun, so check it up.^^a