CHAPTER 14

COOKIES AND CREAM

Sorry for making you all wait. I was too lazy to update.

My bad. IM SO SORRY!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 14

After sending Min home, Doojoon left.
She laid on her bed, feeling tired and confused causing her to have a slight headache.

She heard the front door open and heard Ara's voice.

"Min? Min?" Ara looked for her and found her lying on her bed.

"Hey, You're back?" Min said.

"yup. so, how was your date?" she asked.

Min sat up on her bed and shrugged her shoulders.

"Ok.I guess" obviously she lied.

By the way she answered, Ara knew something was 'not' ok.
But she thought of asking about it later since there was something more important going on.

"Aren't you going to get ready?" Ara said as she got up and opened her closet to ook for clothes to wear tonight.

"Ready for what?" Min asked.

"Are you really sure you're ok? The party..Khun's birthday. remember?" Ara said with her hands on her waist.

"ah" again. Min totally forgot.

But how was she going to face him.
What happened today, there was no way she would be able to face him again.

"Is it ok if I don't go?" Min hugged her knees and rested her chin on it.

Random clothes started flying at Min and when she looked at Ara, Ara was glaring right at her.

"You better get dressed now" she threatened Min.

There was no way Min could argue with Ara either.
Besides, Ara and Taecyeon went shopping for the party with a lot of effort. She wouldn't want to dissapoint her best friend.
Min got up and sighed.

"Fine. I'll get dressed" Min said and headed for the bathroom.


at Taecyeon's and Nickhun's place.
The doorbell rang.

"They're finally here" Taec said as he got up to get the door.

Khun on the other hand was sitting on the floor and leaning the wall, with no interest at all.

Ara entered being all bright and cheery while Min on the other hand, as soon as she saw Nickhun, she felt awkward about before but
at the same time hurt that he didn't even turn to look at her.

Ara pushed Min to walk faster and seated her in front of Khun.
She didn't even dare to look at his face right now.

Taec sat beside Khun and nudged him.
"Yah. It's your birthday! I know the preparations are kind of crummy but its the thought that counts right"

Finally, Khun sat up straight, looked at Taec and gave a faint smile.

"Lets eat" Khun said trying to sound cheerful, but obviously failed.

They ate the samgyubsal that Ara prepared.

"Khun, I prepared samgyubsal since it's your favourite right? Open up" she said while offering him the samgyubsal she specially made for him.

Khun timidly opened his mouth and ate Ara's samguybsal.

"Yah! How come you're not making one for me?" Taec complained.

Ara stuck out her tongue, and then nudged Min who was eating silently by herself.

"Why don't you make one for Khun?" Ara suggested loudly.

Min looked at Ara and then at Nickhun, but afraid that he'll catch her glance she stared at the table.

Nickhun too gave her a glance, and decided to help Min and HIMSELF out.

"She doesn't have to" he said.

Min looked at him but he didn't even look back, instead he was busy picking out food and acted if nothing has happened.

"ani, I'll make it for you" she suddenlly said, and prepared a samgyubsal for him carefully.

Nickhun watched her make him a samguybsal. When she was done, she offered to feed him.
At first he was hesitant, but slowly leaned forward and opened his mouth.
And without noticing it, both of them looked at each other straight into the eyes but Min retreated first and looked somewhere else.

Taec and Ara clapped cheerfully, not realising the real situation between the two.
After eating, they sang karaoke that Taec had installed into their house specially for the party.

"I wanna go first" Ara shouted.

"Let's do a duet!" Taec suggested.

"Ew! I don't want a duet with you. Min, how about you?" she asked Min.

Min just shook her head. and Nickhun looked like he was too full to even get up.

Ara had no choice but to have a duet with greasy face.
In the middle of the karaoke, when they weren't noticing, Nickhun got up and walked out of the door.

Min exhaled. It was as if she was holding in her breath ever since she sat in front of him.
Still the confused person she was, she took out a box from her bag and followed him.

He wasn't far away, but she followed him to the roof.
There, she saw him leaning on the bars, observing the lights on the street from below.

She slowly walked up behind him, but he already heard her and turned around.
She immediately stopped, and could only look at him.

"This is where I clear my mind" he said.

"huh?" Min responded.

"I always come here when I'm having troubles. It kind of helps me get rid of what I dont want in my mind anymore" he explained.

'So you don't want me in your mind anymore, is that it?' she thought.

"What's that?" he asked eyeing the wrapped box in her hand.

"oh. it's your present" she said and stepped forward to hand it to him.

It took him a while to get back to his senses, since it had been a very long time since Min had been this close to him.
He shook the thought out of his mind and took the present from her hand.

"Thank you" he said and smiled, and headed to the door, ready to leave.

Min turned around and called his out his name.

"Nickhun.."


He stopped and thought for a while, then he walked back to Min and patted her head.

"While you're here, you can get rid of your worries" he said and smiled again. Then, he left her behind.

When he left, Min sighed loudly and hung her head low.
She might as well take his advice and hang out here for a while.


-Meanwhile-

"Yah, you got the lyrics wrong!" Ara said through the microphone.

"Aaish..this woman" he glared at her and then looked behind him.

"uh..Ara.." he tapped her shoulder.

"Mwo!" She said not even looking back.

"I think we just got dumped" he said and Ara turned around to find that what he said was true.

They did really get dumped. Only the two of them were left there.

"Yah! This is your fault. You bought too many balloons!" Ara got mad at him.

"MWO! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BOUGHT THE BALLOONS" he said and pinched both her cheeks.

Ara was at a disadvantage. He was so tall, and he had long arms, there was no way she could do it back to him like he could do it back to Min.

"Let me pinch your cheeks Taeccy!" she said while trying hard to reach for his cheeks with her hand motions ready to pinch him.

"MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!" he laughed.