CHAPTER 12

COOKIES AND CREAM

Chapter 12

note: If you recall/re-read chapter 3. Maybe you'd remember the 'promise' Ara made to Taecyeon =)

"I'm going out for a while" Ara said and left the apartment.

She got into her car and headed for the grocery store.
When she reached the grocery store, she just wandered around, picking out stuff but not putting them into her basket.
Actually, she wasn't there to buy anything. Her real intention was to figure things out that was currently happening in her life.

"What do you think I should do?" she asked the bunch of potatoes that were on the table. No reply.

"What about you, Miss onion? Should I be the good guy or the bad guy?" she asked the onion that she was holding onto.

She sighed when the onion also didn't give any reply.

"Omma, why is that girl talking to the vegetables?" A little boy nearby asked her mother. His mother quickly brought the boy away from Ara.

Oh god. She slapped her forehead. She was doing it again.
Ara wasn't a schitzo or anything, it was just a habit everytime she was in a deep thought.

Finally, she left the grocery store without buying anything.
But to her surprise, someone was leaning on her car, waiting for her.

"Why are you here?" she asked coldly.

He smirked.

"So, what did they say?" he asked.

Ara gave him a very confused face.

"What are you talking about?"

"Mr potato and Miss onion? What did they say?" he joked, and gave her the greasy smile again.

Ara puffed her cheeks and her face became red from the embarrassment.

"It's none of your business!" she said and pushed him aside to get into her car.

Taecyeon quickly got to the other side and got in.

"Yah! What are you doing!?"

"I'm bored. Bring me somewhere where you can entertain me" he demanded, and once again he did it. She gave her the 'smile'.

Suddenly an urge of anger filled Ara and she was going to hit him.
Taecyeon with his quick reflexes, dodged and covered himself with his arms.

Ara, who was supposed to hit him on the shoulder,missed it, and unfortunately, her fist of fury landed somewhere else.
His..err..

Taecyeon screamed in pain, and Ara screamed of embarrassment.
People outside the car were wondering what those two people in the car were screaming about, and avoided from getting near to the car.

"Pain! Pain!..." Taec whimpered. He covered his face with his hands, trying his best to endure the pain.

Ara panicked and didn't know what to do, but finally she got to her senses and ran into the grocery store.
A few minutes later, she came out with a packet of ice.
She took out a cloth and covered the packet of ice with it.

"Take this!" she ordered.
 He took it and put it 'there'. Taecyeon on the other hand felt a little bit relieved.

"Kwenchanayo?" she asked and felt sorry for him.

"You..are..CRAZY!" he said.

"MWO! I just bought you that packet of ice to help you with your...and that's how you thank me?"

"Thank..you? You're the one who hit me!" he argued back.

"Well, you shouldn't have dodged and took that hit like a man! Serves you right!" she finally said.

"aish!" that was all he could say and concentrated on his hurt part.

eventhough she was still angry, she felt sorry for him. She took off her jacket and gave it to him.

"Cover it with this. It's embarrassing to even watch" she said to him without even looking at him.

With glaring eyes, Taecyeon took it and did what she said.

-------

Min was watching Tv at home, when suddenly she got a call from Khun.
At first she was hesitant to pick it up, since she remembered what happened between them last night.
She mustered up the courage and answered it.

'Min?' he said.

'speaking'

'Will you be free tomorrow?' he asked.

'tomorrow?'

'Tomorrow's my birthday. Did you forget?' he said.

Min slapped her forehead. How could she forget that!

'aniyo. Of course I remember. Why?' she told a white lie.

'Well I thought the two of us could go out for a walk..and talk a bit'

'just the two of us?' Min asked.

'uh.. yeah. sort of. But we'll celebrate it properly with Taec and Ara and we can have samgyupsal'

'well. ok then' Min agreed, still feeling awkward about the situation.

'but I have something up before that, so is it ok if we meet at the park' he decided.

'sure. I don't have anything on tomorrow'

'ok then..see you tomorrow evening' he said bye and hung up.

Min was confused. Yesterday, he just left her in a really angry mood, but just now he sounded like nothing ever happened at all.
She quickly got dressed, took her jacket and headed for the shopping mall.
She was going to pick out a present for Khun. But she definitely had no idea what to buy for him.

So she decided to call Taecyeon, but he didn't answer. Then she tried calling Ara, no luck either

"Where have these guys gone to?" she asked herself.

She spent a few hours looking for a present that would look alright for Khun. But no luck on this either.
Due to exhaustion, she sat down on a bench and massaged her calves.

While looking around, she finally spotted it and ran into the shop.
She never saw Khun wearing a watch before, so it was finally decided.
She would buy him a watch.

She spotted one that would look really good on him.
Min asked the salesgirl if she could take a look at it. It was definitely the perfect present, but she was not suprised by the fact that the price was more than perfect.

"50,000WON!" she exclaimed.

"It's a limited edition, miss" the salesgirl explained.

She hung her head in dissapointment.
She had found the perfect gift, but 50,000Won?

-------

"Where are we going?" Taec asked Ara who was in the middle of driving.

"around the world" she said with her eyes still fixed on the road.

"You're so delusional" he told her and watched her drive.

He didn't realise that he was looking at Ara for a very long time, only until Ara realised.

"What are you looking at?" she asked.

"What do you think?"

She took a glance at him, and he was still doing it.

"So you two finally officially met each other" he said.

At first Ara didn't know what he was talking about. But then she understood.
He was talking about HeeYoung.

"She told you?"

"She's not the clingy type but she just keeps on calling every 30 minutes. It's annoying" he complained.

"How come she's not calling today?" Ara asked.

"I killed my phone" he admitted and smiled at Ara, "I was still wandering whether I should still go back to her."

"And you're telling me this because???"

"Dunno..I just needed someone to tell it to" he said nonchalantly.

"It seems like you've forgotten how pain feels like." she said and glared at him.

"Don't you dare!"

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I somehow wanted to release all of that tension between them and make a funny scene for them.

Its been a while since anything funny happened in Cookies and Cream. ^___^