CHAPTER FIVE: Friends???

Beautiful Trio Book ONE: YuRi's Love Story

"Yul, the client is already here." Her secretary told her.

Dugeun. Dugeun. Dugeun. That's what's she's hearing from her heart. She take a deep breath in order to relax herself. She have to do this with professionalism. She don't care if he's the client. She's only there to do what's she need to do. It's her job to assist their clients. She can do this!!!

 

"Girl, are you okay?" She heard someone asking. Oh, it's TaeYeon.

"Huh? Y-Yeah. I'm okay. Why do you ask?"

"Are you sure? You look flustered." TaeYeon said with a knowing look.

"What?? I'm not! Oh, stop this nonsense. We have to attend to our client." She said.

"Okay.." TaeYeon said smiling. Like she knows something. And that bothers her.

They went to the conference room for the meeting. "Be calm, my heart." YuRi said to herself.

 

When she opens the door, she subconsciously check where he is sitting. Damn. She's definitely in trouble. She tries to keep a professional face. And she knows she succeeded. When everyone is seated, the meeting started. It's really a relief to her that he's not looking at her but at the same time she feel something. Disappointment? "No, of course not!" She told herself.

When the meeting is finish, everyone quickly leave the conference room.

"YuRi, can you check all the materials needed for the project, okay?" Her boss said.

"Sure, I will definitely do that." She answered while getting her things.

"Good. Keep me posted.  And also Mr. Dong here will talk to you about some changes in the project. " Then her boss said goodbye to them.

"Yul, I'll send to you through your secretary the portfolio you needed, okay?" TaeYeon said.

"Sure.  Thanks!" She smiled at her friend.

"Got to go now. Goodbye to you, Mr. Dong." Then TaeYeon went out the room.

 

She just realized that there's only two of them left in the room.  Silence. Long Silence. There's tension in the air. She can feel it. Even she's not facing him, she can feel him staring at her. She remembered what her boss said.

"So..." She said.

"Are you hungry? I'm starving." He cut in.

"Huh??"

"It's already past lunch time.  Can you hear my stomach grumbles?" He said jokingly.

"Ahmm.." She don't know what to say! It's like her tongue is tied to a twist. "But we need to talk about the changes you want in the project."

"Yeah, I know that. Come. Let's go." He smiled then grab her wrist and tugged her out of the conference room straight to where the elevator is before she objects.

She can feel everyone's eyes on them. She can see the surprised faces of her officemates. Damn. What's happening to her? Why she let him do this to her?!

 

 

"Wait!" She then said.

 

He look at her with questioning expression.  "Talk, YuRi!!" Somewhere from her brain said.

"Where are you going to bring me?!" She demanded.

"Now, you're talking." He said with a smile. Damn THAT smile. She thought. " Well, it's already past lunch." He answered.

"Yeah, I know.  So? " She asked.

"We need to eat lunch at a restaurant." He simply answered. "You don't like a dumb one. But don't worry, you're still beautiful in my eyes." He said.

Did he just call her dumb??!! Such an oaf!! "I'm not!" She then said.

"You're not beautiful?"

"No."

"So, you're beautiful now." He said smiling.  He's enjoying this. She can see it on his expression.

She take a deep breath. "What I MEAN is that I'm not dumb."

"Of course, you're not. No way, I fall to a dumb person." He said simply.

"You what??!!" She said. Did he just confess?? Or what??

"I'm hungry." He said and tugged her when the elevator opens.

They're awkwardly silent inside the elevator.  Both testing the air around them.  She just realized that they're still holding hands! She then remove her hands from his grasp. And felt her face burning of embarrassment.  He just shrugged.

"Where do you want to eat lunch?" He then asked when they step off the elevator.

"To Rustico's." She answered. Damn. A mistake. It's Tiffany's restaurant. She just hope that her friend is not in her restaurant at this time. Because if her friend is there,  Tiffany will definitely bugged her about TaeYang. 

"Rustico's it is."

"No, wait." She said. "Let's try a different restaurant."

"What you have in mind then?" He asked.

"Well.." She told him the name of another restaurant she knows.

"Okay then."

He then lead her to where his car is parked. Inside the car. Awkward silence again. She don't want to be awkward with him especially if they'll be working on a project.

"Ah.."

"You.."

They both said at the same time. They both laugh awkwardly. The tension is still there but it went down a little.

"You first." She then said.

"Okay." He smiled. " Well, I would like to ask for an apology for being an assed the last time."

"Apology accepted. Sorry also for being demanding."

"Apology also accepted. Friends?" He said then extend his hand.

"Friends." She accepted. But somewhere in her heart there's that disappointment again. Damn, why is she feeling this way?

"Good. For now." He said with a mysterious smile.

"Huh?" She asked.

No answer.

 

He just smiled at her. THAT gives her goose bumps.