CHAPTER THREE: Upside Down

Beautiful Trio Book ONE: YuRi's Love Story

Ouch. Her head hurts. YuRi checked the time. It's already Ten in the morning. She sleep late. It's a good thing that it's weekend so she's free to wake up late today. She then hears a knock at her door.

"Unnie?? Are you up?" JooHyun called.

"I am. You can come in now, Maknae." She then answered back.

"Hi, Unnie. How's your head? Does it hurt?" JooHyun asked with worried expression.

"No. I'm fine, Hyunnie. Thanks." She smiled.

"That's good." JooHyun commented with a smile. "Dad, is asking if you' want to eat lunch with us."

"Oh. Yeah. Of course, I want to eat with you, guys."

"Great!"

"Have you seen your YoonA Unnie?" She then remembered to asked.

"Yeah. She's at the pool."

"Oh I see. What time did you come in last night? I tired calling you but you're not answering your phone." She asked.

"Oh, Sorry, Unnie. I was with Nicole and Key last night. We watched a concert at our University Fest. I didn't hear my phone ringing. Then the battery died down."

"Don't let that happen again, okay? I don't want something happen to you and YoonA whenever you're out. Understand?"

"Yes, Unnie."

"Good." She then smiled at JooHyun. She's really overprotected when it comes to her siblings. Their mom died when they're at a young age so that's why her natural protective instinct comes in for her 2 dongsaengs. "Do you enjoy the concert?"

"Yes! There's so many students went to the concert. It's a good thing that Key had saved us good seats so we were able to enjoy the concert."

"That's great! So, how are you and Key?" She asked with a teasing tone.

"What's about me and Key?" JooHyun asked. As usual, her little sister don't have any idea what she's talking about.Clueless. Well, naive. She don't have any romantic interests in boys and more interested in music and hanging out with her two besties since Third Grade , Nicole and Key.

"Oh, nothing." She just smiled. Her dongsaeng is really still a baby though she's already in college right now.

 

Lunch Time...

YuRi and her 2 dongsaengs with their father are happily eating their lunch. After eating, their dad excused himself and went to his study room.

"Unnie, can I borrow your black dress? The one you wore at TaeYeon Unnie's parents' wedding anniversary party??" YoonA asked with puppy eyes.

"Why? What are you wearing that for?"

"I'm invited to SooYoung's brother welcome party. I don't have anything to wear." YoonA answered. "Please, Unnie??"

"Is that so. Well, I can buy you a dress that you can wear." She suggested with a smile.

"Really??Really??" YoonA asked with a surprised expression.

That made her laugh. "Yes, of course!" She answered. "How about you, JooHyun? Do you want me to buy you a dress or something?"

"Well, not a dress. YuRi Unnie, can you buy me a new guitar instead? Please?" JooHyun asked sweetly.

"Guitar?? I thought you're favorite instrument." She asked.

"Piano is still my favorite instrument. But I want to learn to play other instrument like the guitar."

"Oh okay." It's quite surprising for her that JooHyun wanted to play a guitar now. She knows how her dongsaeng loves her piano. "No problem. Let's go shopping!"

 

Monday...

Ugh! She hates Monday traffic. She already left the house early but still she's caught in the traffic jam. When she checked her watch, she felt relieved because she still have a lot of time. They have a presentation with an important client so they have to be early to prepare everything.

After she parked her car and locked it, she hurriedly walk to the building. Because she's thinking a lot of things she didn't see the person in front of her. She bumped with that person.

"Oppsss...Sorry.." She said to the person.

"Oh it's alright. No harm done, babe." A familiar voice answered.

When she look up at the person with the familiar voice. " It's YOU!!!" She blurted out.

"Good to know that you still remember me." He said with a teasing smile.

"Damn." She thought. Why does she have to blurt THAT out loud?! She felt her cheeks burning. She then quickly composed herself.

To avoid more embarrassment in front of him she face the elevator and tried to pretend that she didn't see him. But to her dismay, he speak.

"Now, you're pretending that you don't know me huh?" He said in a teasing tone.

Still not talking to him. "Just want to let you know.." He suddenly whispered on her ear. She didn't realized that he's already at her side. That give her goose bumps. "It's good to see you, babe." He said in a seductive tone. Then he stand straight like nothing happen.

"Damn!" She thought. "This oaf is really making me uncomfortable." She still felt like he's still there staring at her and to her relief he didn't speak when the elevator opens.

"YuRi, Boss is looking for you." TaeYeon told her when she enters her office. "Do you already have the powerpoint presentation?"

"Yes. Here." She then give her the folder.

"Thanks! Hey, do you know..."

"Sorry to cut you off, Tae. I need to go to our Boss now or I'll be doomed!!"

"Oh..Wait.."

She quickly went to her Boss' office. She knocked first and then enter the room. What surprises her is, it's not only her boss that's in there. "Damn." She thought again.

"Hey, YuRi, I would like you to meet our client, Mr. Dong TaeYang." Her boss said. "TaeYang, this is YuRi, one of our most valued employee here in the company. She's one of the best her."

"Hi there, YuRi!! Nice meeting you finally." TaeYang said with a mischievous smile. She hate THAT smile.

"Hello there, Mr. Dong. Nice meeting you too." She said in a fake smile.

"You two will be working closely with each other from now on. " Her boss said with a smile.

And for a while she wanted to cry. Why him?!! Of all people! Ugh!! She already hated his guts!!

"Yes. Pretty close." He said with a mysterious smile.

THAT gave her another goose bumps!! She wouldn't trust that kind of smile of his. She felt like her world turned upside down!!! Can she easily pretend to be all professional around him? She prayed that she can because deep down inside that he spells TROUBLE. Not only for her sanity but most especially her heart.

Dugeun...Dugeun..Dugeun..

 

To Be Continue...