Reality

Look at me

Hey guys! School's up so, I might update a little later. Sorry. But heres chapter six! Thank you! Mianhe for updating really late. Forgive me. 

_____________________________________________________

-That's how he looks at me. A Brother. Should've known-

 

After that incident, Wooyoung couldn't help thinking that maybe, just maybe, what Victoria said was right. That maybe, it was the reason she goes to work at night and goes back early in the morning. -No, my mom couldn't go that low for money. She couldn't.- Wooyoung just keeps thinking that her job was at a diner or something. But, shi didn't wear any uniforms so, screw that idea. -Maybe it doesn't require any uniforms? Yeah, That's it, Doesn't require any.- Wooyoung tells himself any excuse he could find not wanting to believe what Vic said to her.

 

Wooyoung went home safely, as always, her mother was not there. -*sigh* mom, please have a decent job.- He couldn't fall asleep at night and didn't eat dinner. His curiosity was killing him! -I'm telling you Wooyoungie, It''s just a diner ok?- Wooyoung kept telling himself that her mother works at a diner. He then wonders who his dad is. -Victoria said that maybe my dad was one of the costumers of my mom IF she's a e. If she's not a e, then, who is my dad? She really avoids the topic when I ask her about work or my dad.- Wooyoung texted Nichkhun for some advice.

"Nichkhun hyung? Are you asleep?" for the next ten minutes, Wooyoung didn't get a reply. "Aishh. Wooyoung-ah he must be sleeping." Wooyoung checked the time. "2am?! aishh! How could you text a person 2am in the morning! Pabo. Lucky I don't have school tomorrow." Wooyoung said to himself. He felt his hand phone vibrate.

"Hey Wooyoung-ah. What's up?"

"Sorry hyung. I just had a question sorry for waking you up. =("

"Well? What's the question? Might as well here it."

"Well, Do you think my mom's a e?

"What?! Wooyoung-ah don't mind what Victoria said to you. She's just jealous of our friendship." 

"I just wonder that's all. My mom doesn't tell me what her job is so, yeah. I had my suspicion."

"Well, did you even ask?"

"Well, no hyung. But, she avoids the topic of jobs."

"It's all in your head Woo. Just, trust in your mom. Ask her yourself. Listen what she has to say."

"Ok hyung. Sleep well."

"You should sleep too Woo."

"Ne Hyung"

"Sweet dreams."

*sigh* Wooyoung felt his eyes getting heavy. He battled his sleepiness wanting to see her mom and just hug her tightly. It was useless. Giving up, he closed his eyes and went off to dream land.

__________________________________________________________

     Wooyoung woke up finding her mother cooking breakfast. He got up from his blankets and back hugged her mother. "Omo, Wooyoungie, you scared me." "Omma..." Wooyoung pouted his lips and stared directly at his mother's eyes. "Omma, Who is my father?" Her mother's eyes widen in shock. He faced his son and cupped his cheeks. "Tell you what, let's visit him." Wooyoung's eyes widen as he heard her mother said those words. "But Wooyoung, promise me, don't be mad ok?" Wooyoung was worried when her mom said that. "N-ne omma." Her mom kissed his cheeks. "Ok Mr. Jang, take your bath now." "Ne Omma~" 

     Wooyoung took a bath then ate their breakfast. As her mother promised, she would finally introduce Wooyoung's father to him. They took the bus there because they couldn't afford to spend money on a car or a taxi. It's cheaper by bus, why go for a taxi? No difference.

     "M-mom, why are we heading to a mall?" Wooyoung wondered when they started walking to a mall. "Well, I don't have contact with your father so, I will tell you his real identity and our story. Let's discuss it over ice cream. I'll show you a picture of him." Wooyoung was disappointed that he couldn't see his father in personal but happy that he will know who he is and their mother's love story; the truth. They headed to an ice cream shop(stall). "Omma, I thought it was a cafe or something." Wooyoung pouted hoping they would eat in a ice cream parlor. "Hehe. You're so cute my Youngie. I'm sorry. We are so tight on budget now, we still didn't pay the rent of our house. I promise you, next time, we will eat all the ice cream you want."  Her mother said smiling at her cute son. 

     When they finished buying ice cream for themselves, they found a seat on a bench at the park of the mall. "So... Omma, who's my father?" Her mother showed her a picture of a man. "Eyyy... Omma, that's Jang Dong gun. Don't kid around in this situation." Wooyoung said to her mother, smiling at her childish behavior. Yet, her mother looked so serious. Silence filled the atmosphere. Out of nowhere, her mother filled the silence. "Your father and I were childhood friends." Her mother began. "O-omma-" Before Wooyoung could finish his sentence, her mother continued. "At around high school, we realized that we love each other more than just friends." Her mother sighed before continuing. "We began dating as girlfriend and boyfriend." Her mother deeply sighed causing Wooyoung to worry. "We both got very drunk and lost control. We made love. Which I was thankful for, for giving me you." Her mother had a smile that was mixed with pain and happiness. "Morning came, I was the one who woke first. I remembered everything that happened though my head was throbbing in pain. I panicked. My mom and I moved to Busan because I was a coward to face your father. Because your grandfather left my mother, I didn't get to finish high school because of lack of financial support. Your father, on the other hand, forgot everything that happened that night. He just went on with his existence not knowing about you."

Wooyoung was awestricken by those words. He didn't know that his father didn't know about his existence. "But omma, who is my father?" Wooyoung still didn't know the true identity of his father. 

"Son, I already told you. JANG DONG GUN." Wooyoung was beyond shocked. His father was an actor. A really well known actor. "Omma, If you could just tell him about me, we could end our financial crisis..." Wooyoung thought about their sake. "No son. I'm sorry. We need to think of him too. I still love your father but, if the public knows about you, it will cost him big." Her mother was feeling sorry for his son. 

"Ok omma, I trust you." Wooyoung leaned over for a hug. 

"Omma, one more thing." said the younger.

"Ne, My Youngie?" Her mother replied.

"What's your job?" Her mother was shocked by the sudden question. 

"You didn't know? I work at a night cafe. If I'm lucky, I can get promoted to vice-manager."

"Phew, the job's decent." Wooyoung mumbled to himself not wanting her mother to hear it.

They spent the day walking around the mall and eating ice cream. They bonded together that day. He was glad that Victoria wasn't right about his family. He's glad he trusted Nichkhun's words to ask his mom himself. He's glad that he knew everything about her dad and her mom. He loved that day.

________________________________________

*Ring* Wooyoung's hand phone was ringing when he was about to sleep with a smile on his face but... 

Hmmm? A text. This late at night. Who could it be?

"Hey Wooyoung."

Oh? It's Khun. Wonder what's up.

"Hi Hyung. What's up?"

"I am leaving tomorrow night to Thailand. Just letting you know."

K-khun hyung is leaving tomorrow? That's too soon!

"Oh, really? When will you be back? I will miss you."

"I will miss you too my brother from another mother. ;-D I don't know yet. Just wait for me bro."

Ouch. That word again. I hate it. Why must he see me as a brother? It just hurts me.

"Oh, Ok hyung."

"Wooyoung, we will be having a farewell party tomorrow. I will pick you up ok? 8am sharp."

My last day with Khun till God knows when. Better make the best of it.

"Ok Khunnie hyung. I'll be there."

"Goodnight Wooyoung-ah. Goodnight Bro. :-)"

Bro... Might as well be the best brother to him. Even though it pains me, if that's what he wants, I'll gladly accept it. To make him happy.

"Goodnight hyung."

Well Wooyoung, Let's see how strong you are tomorrow. Send him of with a smile. *sigh* I'm acting as if he's leaving forever. Gosh. Well, Good luck.

With those thoughts, Wooyoung drifted off to sleep in his blankets on the floor. A frown can be seen in his mouth and a tear on his cheek. The day that was perfect, had it's flaws too. 'Nothing in the world is perfect'

_____________________________

Sorry for this chapter. XD There is no romance between Khunnie and Youngie. Forgive me. Next chapter will be Nichkhun's Farewell party and Take off to Thailand.