The Penthouse

No More Control

 

Woah. This place is huge! Looking from above the main floor. You are standing on an upper level, pressed up against the glass bar handle attached to the railing. You barely notice the white cushioned chairs opposite of each other and the long glass coffee table between them. You run down the staircase, excited out of your mind. You shake off your casual high tops and accidentally slide around, as you run across the room. You pass a bar just like in Ara’s apartment and run towards the bedrooms down a hallway. The hallway is brightly lit and the white walls make it look brighter. You slow down and notice many rooms with their doors open. Why so many rooms. Its just me...

 

You enter one room and see your suitcase right beside the bed. But you don’t care about anything but the view. You look out and see the city lights, just like in Ara’s apartment. Practically the same view. You sit on your bed, staring out at the city. Soon you nod off to sleep, in your airport clothes and slippery socks.

 

You wake up to bright sunlight shining on your face. What the hell. Why are my shades open... You turn around, pressing your face deep into the feather pillows and blanket. I don’t have a feather bed set... You sit up abruptly, hitting your head hard against the bedpost. Owwchh! Holding your head you look around the room. You take out your phone and check the time. 5:50 am. Then you remember all that happened yesterday. You immediately rush out of bed and scurry off to the main floor. Your eyes scan through the layout of the house. There is a fireplace in the wall, same type as Ara’s. There are two full sized couches across from each other with a wooden table in the middle. You see a spiral staircase just like the one from Ara’s room. It goes up to the ceiling and also goes down though the hard wood floor. You look at it curiously. Wonder where that goes to...

 

You look down at the winding stairs suspiciously and then decide to descend. Once you are at the bottom, a familiar sight surprises you. You are now in Ara’s apartment. You hear a squeal of delight and turn to face it.

 

“Y/N!!! Isn’t this great!...wait...how did you get in here...?” You see Ara as her different expressions amuse you.

 

“Yes! It’s amazing...and good news! I live right upstairs!” You exclaim, pointing to the metal bars of the stairs.

 

“Reallly?” Her eyes widen. “Thats so cool! Can I go up and see?”

 

You both reach the top as she gasps in awe. Your new home was obviously a lot larger than hers, since it was the whole 40th floor and hers was only one apartment on the 39th floor.

 

“Do you want breakfast, I can make you something.” You say looking at the refrigerator packed with fresh foods.

 

“Yeahh...but is it wrong that I want an american style meal...?” She says sheepishly.

 

“Nahh..I kind of do also...”

 

You make bacon and cheese omelets with fruits on the side.

 

Ring! Ring!! You hear your phone go off the hook all the way from your new bedroom. Running to it you pass those bedrooms that have no owners.

 

“This is Y/N speaking.” You state, trying to keep your breathing under control from your little jog.

“Hello, I am the receptionist from SM entertainment that you had talked to before, Mi Sun.”

 

“Oh! Yes, good morning, Mi Sun.”

 

“I am calling to confirm that yourself and Ara will be starting at SM entertainment next week. Is there any problems with Monday?” Says the lovely voice of Mi Sun.

 

“No problems with that. It’s perfect.”

 

“Alright, how about you come in tomorrow morning to meet the groups that you will be co-managing.” She says sweetly.

 

“Yes, definitely...That sounds great.” You say, trying to hide the excitement in your voice.

 

Annyeong, gamsahabnida.” She says, you could could tell she was smiling.

 

Annyeonghi gaseyo.” You say back.

 

“ARA!! Can You Believe It!! We Are Starting On Monday!!” You scream from your bedroom, running back to her. Three days! You both join hands, jumping and screaming in happiness. Not caring that other residents were still sleeping.

 

You take a shower and dress in a pair of tight fitting blue jeans, grey V-neck t-shirt and 5 inch heels. You walk down to Ara’s apartment, she as well looks very presentable.

 

“Come on! We should go shopping! Wouldn’t that be fun!” She begs pulling your arm.

“Sure, make sure you put the volume on your phone up. Don’t get lost.” You say delighted that she was so happy.

 

Sorry that I didn't intoduce any guys in this update. I promise I will soon!! Just keep reading =]