Focus

No More Control

Realizing that the person you thought was your friend is actually a guy, you don’t know how you mixed the two up. You friend is petite, tan, and has much lighter brown hair. “Oh my god... I should have put my contacts in today...” You think to yourself. He is tall, has a strong build, fair skinned and has much darker hair than Ara. He turns around taking off his headphones, which are obviously blasting music. And you are suddenly way more embarrassed than you were before, because he is really attractive.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you were someone else...” You say as you put your head down, trying to cover up how much you are blushing. He looks vaguely familiar, but you decide that there is no way you have ever seen him, other than he could have been on the same plane as you.

“Ah, It’s alright...” He says, looking confused, as though he was expecting something else.

“Sorry...” You say as you turn away, pulling out your phone to text Ara. “Hopefully she has turned her phone on.” You say out loud to yourself in english. You look up searching for the real Ara, but you can only see a sea of unfamiliar faces.

 

“Are you looking for someone?” The guy you had just mistaken for Ara says as he stands close to you. You look at him more closely than you were able to do before and see that he is way better looking than you had originally thought. His eyelashes were longer than your own, making it seem as though he was wearing eyeliner. His skin was whiter and clearer than you could ever hope for your own to be, and his beautiful eyes drowned out the concerned look on his face.  

 

“Um?” Pulling yourself back to earth, you try to remember what he had said in Korean. “What?” Is all you could think of, knowing that you sound and look stupid now.

 

“I said,” He says in English, “Did you lose someone?” He says with a big grin on his face.

 

“Oh! Yeah, I lost my friend...” You say in Korean “I thought she was you...” You say, noticing that what you said makes you look even more stupid. “I don’t have the right prescription glasses and...I don’t think you look like a girl or anything!” You cover your face with you hands, too mortified to look at him. He laughs, but notices your embarrassment he says,

 

“Lets just focus on finding your friend” While still laughing.


“Okay.” You say as he takes your hand and leads you back up the escalator.