Our first meeting

My y Beasts

Haeri was walking with Kai some steps behind her. Eversince Jung Kook had told her about her father she didn´t seem to be the same. She was in deep thoughts and didn´t talk to anyone. When he reached home that night and Minho and Taemin asked her what was wrong, she didn´t answer not even listening to the questions and headed upstairs to her room and stayed there for the rest of the day not wanting to eat or to see anyone. Although Minho had tried very hard she still didn´t let him inside her room or didn´t want to look at him. Minho and Taemin were very worried and wanted to help her somehow but couldn´t because she didn´t even tell them what was wrong. After many attempts to make her open the door of her room they walked back down to the living room and finally asked Kai. The tall boy sighed and closed his eyes tightly telling them the shocking news. 

Now Haeri and Kai were walking to their school. Haeri was more like dragging herself there. She didn´t know how she found the way to school while she was thinking about her father and all the things that happened in the past. Not looking where she was walking she hit a boy´s shoulder and fell down on her back. 

"Yah, can´t you look where you are walking you little...." Before the boy could hit or call her names Kai rushed between them and glared at the boy who immediately left mumbling under his breath. Kai looked down at the girl and helped her up. 

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Kai helped her stand on her feet again while her eyes started to tear up. 

"W-why?.. How can this be? H-He is dead...r-right?" She sobbed and Kai felt a strong pain in his chest that he wasn´t able to understand. All he could do was pull her in a tight hug and her hair. He hated himself right now. Why wasn´t he able to do anything more? Why wasn´t he able to do anything to comfort her? Why wasn´t he able to say that all of this was a big lie and the man was dead? Why was he so... useless? He bit his lip hard and continued holding her until she stopped crying. 

"Don´t worry. I´ll protect you. I promised it, right?" Kai´l lips formed a small smile as he whiped the remaning tears away with his thumb gently. Haeri looked at him and remembered the first time they met. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a cold rainy day and the ten year old girl was running around on the streets desperately trying to find her young brother who had just run away from the foster home. Clumsy as she was she fell down on the cold street and the rain drops were hitting her body merciless. She slowly sat up and leand her back against the hard wall pulling her knees close to her chest and looked down at her scratched knee and cried softly. It hurted so much and it was too cold for her. She was sitting there with her once white dress was now dirty and soaked. She was shivering from the cold and fear. 

"Hey little girl," Suddenly a tall guy kneeled in front of her and covered her head with his umbrella. "Where are your parents?" He asked with his deep but gentle voice. The scared girl backed off and looked at him.

"Don´t be scared. I won´t hurt you." He smiled at her lovingly. He was just a teenage boy not even in his twentys. The tall boy gently put his jacket around her shoulders and smiled at her. 

"So, are you going to tell me where your parents are? I can help you find them." The young girl looked up at him and shook her head.

"You can´t find them!" She looked back down at her legs as the boy tilted his head to the side confused.

"They are in heaven." Tears formed in her eyes and the boy frowned.

"Do you have any relatives? Is there anyone who is taking care of you?" The boy asked starting to worry but the girl just shook her head and looked down as tears rolled down her cheeks fast. 

"It´s...It´s okay. My name is Minho." The tall boy smiled brightly at her and wiped her tears away. "Don´t be scared. I´ll take care of you. Let´s bring you to a warm place first." Minho gently took the girl in his arms and held her gently as she slung her small arms around his neck glad to feel the warmth of his chest against her body. Minho walked fast and the young girl thought that he must be a awesome runner. Minutes went by and they reached a big house when Minho came to a halt and reached out to open the door.

"Hyung are you back?" A young boy came out with a big smile but frowned when he saw what Minho had in his arms. The girl saw the frown on the elders face and held onto Minho tighter slightly scared. The tall boy suddenly bent down and put her on the couch smiling at her gently.

"I´ll be right back." Before she could protest he had already dragged his friend to the kitchen from where they still could see her. 

"What do you think you are doing bringing a human in our house?" Haeri heard the short guy yell at Minho and didn´t really understand the meaning of what he said.

"Taemin calm down! She was alone on the street in the rain... what should I have done? Let her die? I want to take care of her.. she is so alone and needs help.. I want to be her daddy?" Minho smiled as he whisperd to Taemin his eyes wondering to the clueless girl in the other room.

"Minho I know how much you actually want to be a father but hyung you are just 18! How are you supposed to take a girl in? And what about Jongin? He´s still a young Vampire what if he gets a bad idea and tries to taste her blood?" The whispering went on and Haeri saw Taemin drag Minho away so she couldn´t see them any more. She placed her hands in her lap when she suddenly felt a tap on her shoulders and looked up.

"Who are you?" She heard a voice and saw a curious boy who sat beside her.

"I am Haeri..." She whisperd looking at the boy who seemed to be her age. He smiled cutely at her and gave her his hand to shake which she did. "I am Jongin." He introduced himself.

"what are you doing here?" He asked wanting to know more about her. 

"I am looking for my brother, We were put into different places after our parents died and i want to find him again." She pouted and Jongin felt that she was depressed. He took out a lollipop he had hide from Taemin  and gave it to her.

"Here! Don´t be sad. I will help you find your brother. And when I become older, i will protect you and take care of you." He gave her his sweetest smile and she smiled back taking the lollipop form him.

"Promise?" She asked as he nodded and promised her all these thing. They ate some sweets together and after some excited time together she fell asleep on Jongin´s shoulder and he leand his head on hers and drifted to dreamland as well. 

Minho and Taemin walked in and froze when they saw the two kids.

"And you still want her to leave us and live on the streets alone?" Minho looked at the younger boy who softend seeing the two children sleep peacefully. 

"No way I can do that now... she´s Jongin´s first girl friend after all!" Taemin chuckled and took out his phone taking a picture of the two cute kids on the couch.