CHAPTER 27

Miracle Happens

Once they arrived at the hospital, the medics immediately got Youngbae out of the ambulance and ran towards the emergency room. Teddy was asked to stay outside, while they were trying to get Youngbae’s body temperature to decrease.

After awhile, Jiyong arrived at the hospital with baby Minho in his arms. He then fished out his phone from his pocket and called Teddy.

RRR

“Hyung?” Jiyong answered.

“Yes, Jiyong-ah?” Teddy replied.

“I’m at the hospital now. Where are you?” Jiyong asked impatiently.

“Calm down, bro. I’m outside of the emergency room now.” Teddy said.

“Okay, I’m coming over now, hyung.” Jiyong said and ended the call.

--

Jiyong immediately put his phone back into his pocket and walked towards the emergency room.

“Teddy hyung…” Jiyong called when he spotted Teddy sitting on the chair outside the room.

“Jiyong. Come and have a seat.” Said Teddy, patting on the empty seat next to him.

“Hyung…how is he?” Jiyong asked, on the verge of breaking down, while taking a seat.

“Don’t worry, Jiyong-ah. He’ll be okay. Why did you bring Minho along?” Teddy asked caringly.

“I have no choice, hyung. No one’s at home to take care of him. “ Jiyong said, patting Minho’s back softly.

“Okay, make sure he is safe from all the germs here. You know? Babies’ bodies are very weak. They get sick easily.  I don’t think you can handle two patients at one time, right?” Teddy hyung said.

“Yeah, I know hyung. I will take care of Minho. But is Youngbae okay?” Jiyong asked worriedly.

“Yeah, he’ll be okay. He called for you when we’re in the ambulance, but awhile later, he lost his consciousness again.” Teddy sighed.

“How did he get a cold so suddenly?” Teddy asked curiously.

“It was raining yesterday. He kept claiming that he is strong enough to not get sick, even if he got drenched. So, he made sure that I’m under a shelter at all times, while he stood in the rain to get all the bags in the car boot. When we were home, he made me take a bath before him and stood half- at the door, while talking to his parents. Maybe that’s how he caught the cold.” Jiyong sighed guiltily. “I should not have listened to him, hyung. I should have done something.” Jiyong added.

“Don’t blame yourself, bro. This isn’t what we all want. I’m glad that he took care of you so well though. If he had not done that, I think the one lying in the room will be you instead of him and maybe your condition will be worse than his. “ Teddy explained.

“I rather be the one lying in the room than him. If only I was the one lying in there, he will not have to be suffering so much.” Jiyong sighed.

“That’s what you think. Do you think Youngbae wants to see you lying in there because he did not take good care of you?” Teddy asked.

“But…” Jiyong spoke, but got interrupted by the nurse that just came out from the emergency room.

“ Who is a relative of Mr Dong Youngbae?” she asked.

Jiyong stood up and walked to her.

“I am. Is he okay?” Jiyong asked worriedly.

“You are?” she asked again.

“Mr Kwon Ji Yong. His husband.” Jiyong answered.

“Oh, Mr Dong’s body temperature is still not decreasing. We had just injected some medicine into his body and we’ll be checking on his temperature again six hours later. If there is still no changes, we will put him into cold shower.” The nurse reported.

“Cold shower? Isn’t there other ways? He hates showering in cold water.” Jiyong said.

“We have no choice, Mr Kwon. That’s the only way.” The nurse said apologetically.

“Why? Why isn’t there the other way to cure him?” Jiyong asked, his tears already falling.

Teddy immediately stood up from the seat and walked towards them.

“Shhh, Jiyong.” Said Teddy, pulling Jiyong away.

“Can we see Youngbae now?” Teddy asked the nurse.

“Oh yes, after we have sent him to one of the private room at the ward. But first, can one of you please kindly follow me to go and register for Mr Dong Youngbae?” the nurse said politely.

“I’ll go.” Teddy smiled and turned to Jiyong. “ Jiyong-ah, I’ll go and register for Youngbae. You’ll stay here till one of the nurses come and bring you to Youngbae’s room.” Teddy instructed.

Jiyong only nodded and kissed Minho’s forehead.

“Let’s pray for daddy to get well soon, baby.” Jiyong told baby Minho and baby Minho his thumb.

--

“Mr Kwon?” a nurse called out.

“Yes?” Jiyong asked.

“ Mr Dong had been settled into the room already. Please follow me.” The nurse said.

Jiyong nodded and followed the nurse to the room.

“The room number is 518, at the end of this corridor.” The nurse said and pointed, while walking towards the room.

“Erm, I’ll walk to the room myself.” Jiyong told the nurse.

“Alright then, Mr Kwon. I’ll excuse myself now. Do call for us if there is anything.” The nurse bowed.

“Thank you.” Jiyong slightly bowed, in order not to squash baby Minho.

“Welcome.” Said the nurse and walked away.

--

Jiyong entered the room and the tears he was holding back started flowing down his cheeks.

“Ahpak.” Baby Minho called out.

“Shhh, keep quiet, Minho-ah. Daddy is resting.” Jiyong said, while sniffling.

Jiyong walked towards Youngbae’s bed, while his tears still flowed continuously.

“Ahpak!” Baby Minho called out and struggled.

“Minho-ah. Stop struggling.” Jiyong scolded.

“J…. Ji?” Youngbae called out weakly.

Jiyong immediately closed his mouth and wiped off his tears.

“Ye…yeah, Youngbae?” Jiyong asked.

“You’re here?” Youngbae spoke, slowly opening his eyes.

“Yes, I’m here baby.” Jiyong said, leaning forward to kiss Youngbae’s forehead.

“Hello, baby.” Youngbae smiled.

“Aish, babo. Told you that you’ll get sick right? You denied and now, who’s lying on the hospital bed now.” Jiyong scolded and placed baby Minho on the bed.

“I’m sorry, babe. Sorry for making you worried.” Youngbae said, not daring to look into Jiyong’s eyes. “Hey, son.” He added, while pulling Minho’s ears.

“Babe…” Jiyong spoke, but got cut off when Teddy entered the room.

“Hyung.” The couple said unison.

“Hey, bros. How you feeling now, Youngbae?” Teddy asked.

“Felt better now, hyung. Thank you.” Youngbae said.

“Yah, Dong Youngbae. No more such craps next time. You freak me out today.” Teddy complained.

“Neh, Mianhae hyung.” Youngbae apologized.

“Gwenchana, bro. “ Teddy laughed.

“Hyung, can you helped me to bring Minho out for a walk?” Jiyong asked.

“Oh, yeah. Okay.” Teddy smiled, carrying Minho.

“Thank you, hyung.” Jiyong thanked and Teddy walked out of the room.

--

“Now, babe. We’re alone. Talk to me.” Jiyong said.

“I’m sorry, Ji. I didn’t mean to disobey you.” Youngbae apologized, still not looking at Jiyong. 

“No, look at me baby. “ Said Jiyong. “ Do you want me to adjust the bed to make you sit up?” asked Jiyong.

Youngbae nodded and Jiyong immediately adjusted the bed, put down the handles and sat on the bed.

“Look at me, baby.” Said Jiyong, but got ignored.

He then cupped his hands on Youngbae’s cheeks to make him look at him.

“Omo, you’re really hot now.” Said Jiyong, placing his hands on Youngbae’s cheeks, then forehead and lastly, the neck.

“Of course, because I’m hot for you. “ Youngbae winked.

“Baby, it’s not funny.” Jiyong warned. 

--

Hello.:) I'm back! ^^ It's my one-week school holiday now. x) But, still, I have to go back to school everyday for some programmes. :( So I managed to come out with this update today. x) I'll update the next chapter real soon, so please stay tune. XD Hope you liked it. :x Anyways, thank you and have a nice day! :) GDYBRI fanmeet in SG was awesome. :) Although, I heard there's incident like the staffs pulling some VIPs because they kept taking pictures, the show was still great. I just hope that the staffs can improve on their attitude towards the fans. >:(