A Step Forward

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Theme Song: Melody by f(Krystal)

“Will your friends have dinner here or they will eat before coming, oppa?” asked Krystal, still feeling nervous about the party tonight.

“I don’t know. I just ask them to come here to party tonight so perhaps, they will have dinner first before coming, I think” replied Yunho uncertainly as he rested his head comfortably on her laps.

“Shouldn’t you call and ask them beforehand? What if they come, expecting that there will be dinner but there is nothing? It’s not good for inviting guest when you’ve not well prepared, oppa” she advised thoughtfully while her boyfriend only nodded his head in agreement.

“Then I will text them” said Yunho while taking his phone out and sent the messages to his friends. Soon, he received the replies from them.

“They said since I’m the host of the party, I have to provide food as well” informed Yunho making a face as he handed his phone for his girlfriend to read the texts. Krystal couldn’t help giggling at his long face.

“Should we order jajangmyeon for them? It’s quick, plus, we don’t need to cook” he suggested. It seemed like her boyfriend didn’t like the idea of cooking at all.

“You can’t be serious” exclaimed Krystal in shock. 

“I’m serious. Waeyo? You don’t like it?” stated Yunho coolly.

“Aniyo. It just sounds weird to me” she giggled.

“Then do you have any suggestion?” he questioned hopefully.

“How about BBQ?” she blurted out in English naturally which caused Yunho to widen his eyes. He didn’t hear her speaking her mother language before so he was caught off guard.

“Your voice is lovely when you speak English” his comment made her feel shy since it’s strange to get a compliment of her accent. Aren’t all Americans speaking just like she does?

“I don’t think it’s a good idea. The alarm will ring if there is too much smoke” Yunho reasoned.

“You’re right. Then what do you wanna eat tonight?”   

“Don’t tell me that you’re gonna cook. You’re my guest. I cannot let you cook for them” he refused, not liking that thought at all.

“But it’s the only thing I can help you” she tried to convince her boyfriend.

“Then how about seafood hotpot? We don’t need to do anything, just need to buy the ingredients” Yunho suggested after thinking for a while.

“It’s a good idea” the girlfriend agreed with a smile “Shall we go and buy the ingredients now?”

“Uh” replied Yunho as he got up; he then rushed into his bedroom and grabbed his jacket before returning to the living room where his girlfriend was waiting for him. Extending his hand, he smiled at her “Let’s go”    

“Is there any market nearby, oppa?” questioned Krystal when they left the building.

“No, we will go to the supermarket to see whether there is anything else we can buy there. There is a hotpot store around the corner so we will buy 3 sets of hotpot when we come back” he informed her knowingly as he walked hand in hand with Krystal to the bus stop.

“You really don’t like cooking” she commented, giggling at his plan.

“Don’t you think it’s convenient?” he grinned cockily while squeezing her small hand in his. Though he said that they would head to the supermarket, he guided her to somewhere else. Krystal looked puzzled once they stood in front of a pizza shop.

She turned to her boyfriend and asked him innocently “Why are we here? Do you wanna buy a pizza?”

“Let’s go inside first then I will tell you” said Yunho smiling widely as he tugged her hand and his girlfriend obediently followed him.

As soon as they walked in, a waiter walked toward them. After exchanging a few word, he led them to the corner where there were a few counters on which several ingredients putting and a hanger placing beside each. When they finally settled down, the waiter left the two alone. Yunho hung his jacket on then wore the apron.

“You should wear it, too” said Yunho as he put another apron on Krystal.

“Yunho oppa, you still haven’t answered me” she reminded him.

“Beside rice and ramen, I can make a good pizza, too” he told her proudly but it seemed like Krystal didn’t believe him at all. Sensing her doubt, he claimed cockily “I will let you take a bite but if you want more later, I won’t give you”

“You’re overly confident, oppa” she commented, giggling.

“Just wait and you will see” he stated coolly before starting to knead the dough.

“Can I make one, too?” asked Krystal while watching her boyfriend carefully.

“Of course” said Yunho not turning to her as he was concentrated.

“How many times did you make a pizza, oppa?” she asked, already having an idea on her mind.

“Umm…Once” he answered after thinking for a while.

“How about we competing each other to see whose pizza is better?” the girlfriend suggested confidently after knowing that Yunho was also lack of experience.

“Did you make pizza before?” he questioned when he saw her confidence.

“Aniyo, but I baked cakes plenty of times” she explained, began to knead the dough as well.

“It meant your experience is 0, how can you compete to me?” he said.

“I’m very competitive so if I have challenge, I’ll learn quicker and try my best. Are you afraid of losing to me, oppa?” she asked teasingly.

“For your information, I’m competitive, too. I just think that it’s not fair since it’s your first time. However, if you insist, we just do as you said. Don’t cry to me if you lose later, araso?” he teased, poking her cheek playfully.

“I won’t” she pouted, started working hard on her pizza dough. Yunho just chuckled and continued his work as well. An hour later, both completed their own pizza. All that left was giving it to the waiter to put them into the oven.  

“We have to wait about 15 minutes for the pizzas to be done, so let’s sit out and have a drink first” told Yunho knowingly as he led her to a table at the corner of the store. Once the drink were served, he continued “After this, we will go to the supermarket before buying the hotpot then go back home”

Krystal nodded in reply, leaving no more comment.

“Oh right, do you know that this Sunday is the Sport Day in our university? Will you come?” questioned Yunho suddenly feeling excited. It’s the traditional competition which is held every year in their university. Since he is a vice president of the tracking club, there was no way he would not participate in that day.

“No, I don’t register and I have work on Sunday” replied Krystal uninterestingly.

“Can you take a day off? I already registered so I hope you can come and cheer for me. Andwaeyo?” requested Yunho with his sparkling puppy eyes which made his girlfriend couldn’t resist.

“Arasso. I’ll be there and cheer for you, oppa” she agreed since she didn’t want to make him disappointed.

“Jinja? Promise?” the boyfriend exclaimed childishly as he held out his pinky, wanting to make sure she could come.

“Promise” said Krystal wrapping her little finger around his shyly.

The waiter brought their pizzas by then. The couple couldn’t help feeling excited yet anxious at the same time since they remembered about their competition. “Which one should taste first?” Yunho spoke up first as his eyes glued on the pizzas.

“Yours” replied his girlfriend shortly, feeling uneasy as well. She was praying that her pizza didn’t turn out bad since it’s her first time, not to mention that she was the one challenge the other.

“Shouldn’t there be a prize for winner?” he added, cutting the pizzas into slices “How about granting the winner a wish?

“Then what do you want if you win, oppa?” she asked nonchalantly.

“If I win, I want us to hold hand like this whenever we are together and you have to give me a goodbye hug in 5 minutes when I take you back home” he said happily while intertwined their fingers. His request made his girl blush since she never do such things before.

“Oppa, you said there is only one wish but you made two” Krystal protested.

“Then I keep the first one” he corrected, feeling disappointed a little.   

“Okay” nodded Krystal shyly since she couldn’t reject him anymore.

“How about you? What do you want if you win?”

“I don’t want anything. I just wanna win” she replied bluntly which caused her boyfriend to chuckle.

“You like winning that much” he commented.

“Oh, I just don’t really like losing” she corrected.

“Does that mean you like to win better than me?” the boyfriend teased which made Krystal blush instantly. The shy girl had to look at a slice of pizza to hide her embarrassment.

“Why don’t you answer me?” he kept teasing her but this time he held her hand and shook it slightly and repeated “You like winning more than you like me?”

The shy girlfriend couldn’t help but shook her head in answer which brought smile to Yunho’s face. Not wanting to stop just like that, he continued “So you like me more, right?” and again his girl nodded shyly instead of replying him directly.

“Anyways, even if you don’t like anything, how about asking me to do something to you?” said Yunho feeling satisfied after teasing his lovely girlfriend.

“Umm, then are you good at Maths?” asked Krystal with hesitation.

“Do you want me to help you that subject?” her boyfriend answered with another question.

“Neh, I have difficulty when studying it” she explained.

“Okay, I will tutor you if you win” Yunho set the deal coolly before placing a slice of his pizza on her place “Let’s taste it first”

“Yummy~” Krystal hummed and gave him a thumb up after taking a bite.

“I told you so, didn’t I?” he reminded her proudly “Then, we should try yours, too”

“It’s bad. I think I had done it wrong” mumbled Krystal titling her head as she tasted her pizza.

“It’s a little hard” commented Yunho also taking a bite of her pizza.   

“Yours is better, so you win, oppa” she admitted in defeat.

“Don’t be sad, even if you lose, I still help you with your study. All you had to do is ask me. I would do anything for my girlfriend, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter