Work Things Out

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I thought you were going home already, oppa” told Krystal with a small smile when she turned to the door and saw her cousin who excused himself to leave the room earlier.

“No, I just went out to buy some drink” he stated, skipping the part that he met Yunho.

“You should go back home. Don’t need to keep me company every day, oppa” she chuckled at her caring cousin.

“Tsk, look at who is talking. What will you do if I leave? It’s boring here” he commented, clicking his tongue in disapproval.

“I can read. You forget that you just bought me a book” she held the book beside her pillow and waved it to him.

“Nah, tomorrow you have an operation. You should let your eyes relax” he advised thoughtfully.

“My eyes relax enough, oppa. I have slept a lot this week” she reminded him earnestly.

Before Byunghee could protest, his phone rang, signaling that there was a message.

“If you are busy, you can leave. It’s almost my resting time” told Krystal understandingly when she saw his uneasy expression after reading the text.

“Umm…okay” he hesitated before do as she said. “I’ll see you tomorrow before the operation. Sleep well, neh? If anything happens, call me” he kissed her forehead while giving her a hug.

“Oppa, you’re weird. Shouldn’t I call the nurses instead of you?” she teased hugging him warmly.

“Well, call both me and the nurses then” he rolled his eyes before pecking her cheek “Good night”

“Good night to you, too, oppa” she greeted back with a smile as she waved back at him.

^________________________^

“Do you decide it after thinking carefully and seriously?” asked the friend doubtfully crossing his arm across his chest with the bullet eyes staring at him. Byunghee felt complicated when he received the message earlier. In the text, his friend admitted his fault and asked his permission to meet Krystal. No matter how close he is to Yunho, making his cousin cry is unacceptable.

“I do. If not, I didn’t call you out” Yunho replied, looking guilty yet determined.

“I hope you don’t destroy my trust” the friend told threateningly. Though he still wasn’t sure whether it’s the right choice, he still wishes that Yunho could make Krystal happy since he knew the taller has a good personality and he could take care of her well if he put effort. He just gave them a chance to make things right. Whether their relationship continued, it’s up to their decision. However, he swore that if Krystal ever got hurt by his close friend again, he wouldn’t hesitate to throw a punch at the latter.    

His face instantly lightened up with a childlike smile forming on his bow shaped lips. He nervously spoke up “Thank you. Then, can you tell me where she is at the moment?”

“On the second floor, the fourth room on the left. And, don’t make her be emotional and she isn’t allowed to cry because it’ll affect the operation tomorrow” stated Byunghee frankly.

“Operation?” repeated Yunho in puzzle.

“You should be hurry for the visiting time will be over soon” his friend reminded coldly.

Though still being clueless, Yunho didn’t waste a second to rush to the room he was instructed. He stopped when he stood in front of the room. Looking inside through the glass of the door, he saw Krystal was reading a book. His heart ached at the lonely sight. ‘Was she always by herself all the time?’ he thought in sadness. When he got known about her, he always knew that she didn’t have friend and was always alone but he never thought that the sight of her could be this sad and lonely. Though they dated, he admitted that he never paid enough attention to the girl and he felt guilty for that. He just enjoyed her keep him company and never realized how she felt when she was with him.

Hearing the door opened, Krystal turned to the source of sound, expecting that it’s her cousin again so she prepared a smile to greet him. However, as soon as she saw Yunho, her smile fell. She turned away for a brief moment to calm down before giving him a slight bow while the elder walked toward the bed.

“How did you know?” asked Krystal tangling her hands as she looked down. She didn’t dare to meet his eyes for she was scared that all the emotion she kept inside could burst out anytime.

“Byunghee told me earlier. You two avoided me for a week. Do you know how worried I am when I cannot contact you?” he said, upset clearly in his voice. He can’t be his usual self whenever she is around. He kept reminding himself to keep it cool, to stay calm and talked to her gently. However, he was worried about these past days that he couldn’t even control his emotion like he always did. 

“It’s nothing at all so I asked Byunghee oppa not to tell you” she replied nervously.

“You’re staying in the hospital and you said it’s nothing. It’s important enough for me to get worried” he lectured.

Tears began to roll down her eyes. She didn’t know whether she should feel happy or sad when Yunho worried about her condition.

Seeing the girl shedding tear caused Yunho to panic, he didn’t mean to make her cry, to make her scared. He just wanted to tell her his concern about her. Not knowing how to calm her down, he abruptly pulled her into a hug and patted her back gently “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude but I was really sad when you didn’t tell me that you was rushed to the hospital”

“Oppa, I won’t cry anymore so please keep a distance with me” Krystal whispered as she pushed him slight to break the embrace. ‘How pitiful!’ she thought sadly ‘Not until I finally make up my mind about breakup did we stay close like this’

Yunho sat still, staring at her in puzzle. Did Byunghee hide something from him?

“Let’s break up” she said calmly though her inside was aching with pain. This is not what she wanted but it’d be better for both if they put an end for this so called dating relationship.

“I knew about your relationship with Victoria sunbaenim in past. This dating thing is just not right and I don’t think it will work out so why don’t we just stop? It’s not like that you go out me because you have feeling for me. I know you would like to spend time with Victoria sunbarnim than me. Then why did you waste your time on me? You should be with her if you still her. She eventually will look back at you” she reasoned, looking down at her tangled hands while Yunho carefully listened to her “And you don’t need to feel guilty. I don’t blame you about anything. Honestly, I’m grateful that you asked me out and I was happy that I could be with you these past days. Thank you for giving me such a precious experience”

As soon as she finished her words, a kiss planted on her lips, making her shocked. ‘W-what the!?!’ her mind alarmed as she pushed Yunho away. She attempted to pull away but the guy held her firmly still.

“Why?” she tried to ask when she got a little gap between their lips. Her question was ignored as Yunho erased the distance and claimed her lips again as if he was obsessed of it.  

“I’m sorry for not being a good boyfriend before but I love you so don’t break up” he said, pressing his forehead against hers with his hand caressing her cheek tenderly once he broke the kiss so that the younger could get some air.

“It’s impossible. You’re lying” accused Krystal breathlessly.

‘She is sharp’ he thought. Well, it’s true that he felt sorry about not taking care of her as a boyfriend should do but she was also right about his sudden confession. He didn’t love her as the way he should but he was sure that it is possible that he could feel that way toward her in future and she will be the one helping him. He is tired of looking at the past and waited hopelessly for Victoria’s love.

“I really do. Believe in me” he persuaded, hugging her gently.

 Not hearing any answer from Krystal, he pulled away and cupped her face in worry. “You don’t love me anymore?” asked Yunho giving her his puppy look.

She blushed instantly, averting her eyes on elsewhere but him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter