Date

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yunho? What are you doing here so early?” asked the mid-aged woman who is Byunghee’s mother as soon as she saw her son’s friend when she stepped out of the house.

“If you find Byunghee, he is taking a shower right now” the husband said while opening the gate for the young guy.

“Good morning, uncle and aunt. Are you going to work?” he greeted them with a deep bow.

“Oh, we just finished breakfast and we are leaving now. Just come inside. See you around” the married woman gestured him enthusiastically before leaving with her husband.

Obediently going inside, the young man looked around the living room to find his girlfriend but there was no one. When he noticed the sound of running water in the kitchen, he went there to check and there she was, washing the dishes unknowingly. A grin quickly spread on his face as he quietly walked toward her.

“Stop playing around, Byunghee oppa” complained Krystal trying to take the hands covering her eyes off.

“Wrong answer” whispered Yunho with his arms wrapping around her shoulders.

 “Yunho oppa? When did you come?” the girlfriend asked as she turned around, completely surprised at his sudden presence.

“Just a moment ago. Let me help you” he offered, rolling his sleeves up.

“No need, oppa. I’m almost done” refused Krystal, pushing him slightly away “You’re a guest. Why don’t you wait in the living room?”

“Give me a kiss then I will go” the playful boyfriend said, still stubbornly wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Oppa” exclaimed Krystal, shocked at his bold request.  

“If you don’t give me, I’m just gonna steal it” with that, before the girl could react, he quickly captured her lips in no time which caught Krystal off guard. Her eyes widened in a brief second and her body became stiff in his arms.

Byunghee came downstairs once he was ready to pick his girlfriend up. He went to the kitchen to inform his cousin about his leave yet he was taken back by the shocking scene as soon as he reached the entrance.

“Ehem” he leaned against the door, clearing his throat to get attention from the lovebirds and the latter quickly pulled away. Krystal turned bright red when she got caught. She quickly hid behind her boyfriend’s back while Yunho shot his friend an annoying glare for interrupting their moment.

“What do you want?” the friend asked, couldn’t hide his irritation in his voice.

“Should I remind you that this is my house? You’re just an uninvited guest” said Byunghee mockingly.

“Oppa, is there anything you need?” asked Krystal softly, popping her head out when she felt the tension between the two man.

“Nothing. I just wanna tell you I will go pick Yejin now. Be careful around him, neh?” the elder cousin reminded her before he left.

“Don’t listen to him. I’m not dangerous” defended Yunho giving his girl a quick peck on lips as the latter was washing her hand after finishing the dishes.

“Oppa, why do you come here so early today?” questioned Krystal curiously while leading her boyfriend to the living room.

“I miss you so I come here to see you” the boyfriend confessed frankly.

“But I don’t go to school today” said Krystal innocently. Usually, if she didn’t have class, they could just talk to each other on the phone only. So today, Yunho’s arrival made her puzzled.

“So if you don’t have class then I can’t meet you?” he questioned, sitting down on the sofa and pulled the shy girl to sit on his laps.

“I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just that before, we only meet when I have school” the girlfriend explained shyly with her reddening cheeks. Needless to say, she felt really happy that she could meet him today.

“Then should I come here every day? Because you wouldn’t come to my place” suggested Yunho with an implied look as he squeezed his arms around her waist.

“You shouldn’t, oppa. Actually, I have to go to work later. I don’t want you to waste your time to come here to see me when I couldn’t spend time with you” she declined thoughtfully.

“Eh? I thought that you only work on Saturday and Sunday morning” the boyfriend exclaimed in surprise. It seemed like his information was quite out-of-date.

“I did so last semester since I just came here but somehow I can manage so I decide to take more shifts to earn a little more” she explained clearly.

“Are you in need of money? You can ask Byunghee or his parents for some. I don’t think they will mind or you can ask me”

“Ani, I don’t really need it. I just want to earn a little so that I can buy something every now and then. Auntie and uncle is kind enough to let me stay here and treat me like I’m their own daughter so I want to help them somehow even though it’s just a little bit. They wouldn’t take my money if I gave them; therefore, I want to at least be able to buy something for them in special occasions or help them with the chores. Besides that, I want to pay on my own when we hang out, too” reasoned Krystal naturally while her boyfriend quietly looked at her admiringly. How could someone be so perfect in every aspect? He felt lucky to have her as his girlfriend.       

 “So that’s why you don’t come to my flat if I don’t take you there, huh?” asked Yunho gently brushing her silky hair.

“It’s just a part of reason” the shy girl confirmed, fidgeting.

“What is another part of reason?” he insisted, wanting to know.

“Secret” replied Krystal putting a finger across her lips mischievously as she got up from his laps.

“I can force you to spill it out” threatened Yunho, about to grab her hand when his girl suddenly made a ‘T’ with her hands, signaling him to stop.

“I can’t play with you now. I have to prepare before work so why don’t you go back, oppa?” asked Krystal politely, afraid that her boyfriend could be upset at her words but she didn’t know any other way to say it. After all, she was not good at talking.

“I will take you there before going back” the caring boyfriend stated nonchalantly with a warm smile.

“But I have to take a shower. It will take about 30 minutes. Won’t you feel bored if I leave you alone?” she questioned, not knowing how to persuade her stubborn lover.

“It’s okay. Going back home is more boring. I want to be with you as much as I can” assured Yunho, caressing her right cheek.

“Then, feel like your home, neh, oppa?” the girl told him before going to her room upstairs.

At first, Yunho sat in the living room and watched TV. After about 15 minutes, he went to his friend’s room to borrow some books to kill the boredom. However, soon enough, he started to feel curious about his girl’s room. They have dated for a while now yet he never stepped in her room at all. After making up his mind, he finally searched for her room upstairs.

“Smell just like her” he thought, inhaling the air when he turned the door knob of the room from which he could hear the sound of water running. He scanned the room and it was really neat. No wonder Krystal said that his room was a mess the first time he took her to his apartment. He was smiling like an idiot while recalling that day until something on the study table caught his attention. He walked toward her study corner and took a seat. Holding the glass bottle up, he studied the little stars inside “They are so beautiful”. As he was so enchanted at the handcraft, he wasn’t aware that the water has stopped running.

Meanwhile, Krystal didn’t know that there was an intruder in her room. With only the towel wrapping around her wet body, she nonchalantly opened the bathroom door and stepped out. Hearing the door opening, Yunho turned to the source of sound and was stunned when seeing his girlfriend wet and in a towel staring at him with her widen eyes in shock. Following with a panic scream was the sound of the bathroom door slamming hard.

“What are you doing in my room?” asked Krystal with her shaking voice, pacing back and forth in bathroom, knocking her head repeatedly for forgetting to take the new clothes with her before taking a shower. Her heart bumped insanely fast and her chest felt like it would explode soon.

“I was just looking around” the boyfriend replied, getting up from his seat “I’m sorry for entering without permission. I’ll wait for you downstairs then” 

“O-okay” stuttered Krystal, leaning her ear against the door to confirm whether her boyfriend left yet. As soon as she heard the door closing, she immediately rushed toward the wardrobe to get her clothes. Because she was too panic, her legs tangled up when she wore her jeans which resulted in her falling hard on the floor. 

“Ouch” she whined, rubbing her poor but as soon as the door was knocked, she turned frozen.

“Are you alright?” asked Yunho standing outside.

“I-I am fine” the panicked girl replied, quickly getting up and wore her clothes. Once she was dressed properly, she took a deep breath before opening the door.

“Gwenchana?” the boyfriend questioned worryingly.

“I’m alright” she replied shyly, couldn’t face him at all aftering being seen in such an embarrassing state.

“Your hair is wet, we should dry it first” told Yunho, about to touch her hair but his girl suddenly stepped back to avoid.

“What’s wrong?” he added, withdraw his hand pitifully.

“Nothing. I think you should go home, oppa. We will talk later” said Krystal nervously, looking down at her feet.

“Arasso, then I will call you later” the boyfriend told sadly, not wanting to frighten his girl anymore. He didn’t want to create more distance between them when they just started getting closer a little. She must still feel shock about what happened and he didn’t want to pressure her more when he knew how shy she is.

^____________________________^

Krystal was anxious since she got back home from work. Her phone was full with missed calls and messages from Yunho. She neither have time to pick up the phone nor reply his texts. Partly because she wanted to avoid him. Honestly, she knew that Yunho didn’t do anything wrong and it was her fault for not bring the change of clothes with her, but she was so embarrassed at herself that she didn’t know how to face him at all.

“I must have acted exaggeratedly. Yunho oppa must dislike me now” the nerdy girl murmured in depression.

“I should apology him” she decided, holding tightly the spare key of Yunho’s apartment which he gave her when he took her there for the first time. Perhaps, tonight would be the only chance she used it. With that determination, she quickly got up from her bed and got dressed. When she went downstairs, she got caught by her relatives who were watching TV in the living room.  

“Where are you going?” asked Byunghee turning his head toward his cousin.

“I’m going out for a while. I’ll come back before it is late” Krystal replied before she greeted the elders.

“Come back safely, sweetheart” Mrs. Jung said with a warm smile as she gave the young girl a slight wave.

As soon as she left, Byunghee quickly went to his room and grabbed the car key then went after her. “I will give you a drive, get in the car” the elder guy told when he got in the car and the engine.

“But I can walk by myself” protested Krystal.

“Just get in the car. I also have somewhere to go” the cousin stated firmly and Krystal had to oblige.

They had driven for 15 minutes now yet Byunghee asked her any question which kind of made the younger guy curious “You don’t ask me where I wanna go?”

“Yunho’s place, isn’t it?” he said certainly while taking a quick look at his cousin’s expression. A smirk quickly spread on his lips as soon as he noticed the change of her face.

“H-how can?”

“Well, I have a high IQ, you know. And with someone having simple mind like you, I’m very sure that my guess is right. You usually don’t go out if you don’t have work and you don’t have any friend here so I can guess that you want to meet Yunho since he is the only one you can go to. Am I wrong?” he explained with a smirk which Krystal found it very annoying. He really sees through me.         

On the other hand, Yunho was checking his cellphone for the 100th times in that day but it always made him disappointed. There was no reply from his girlfriend at all. Is she still upset about this morning? Curiousness really harm someone. If he knew beforehand, he wouldn’t have entered her room without her permission. Now he didn’t know how to apologize her when she tried to avoid him. If he asked for Byunghee’s help, the latter would give him a punch at face for sure. As he was thinking of his girlfriend, the image of her wrapping in a big towel with her hair drenched flashed on his mind, resulting in his heart beating out of control and his suddenly increasing body temperature. She was so alluring at that moment that he wanted to embrace her close. It’s been a long time since he had , he got built up. That’s why he was lust over his innocent girlfriend when he saw her vulnerable state. Yeah, that must be the reason, he convinced himself so.

Shaking his head furiously to erase her image in his head, he mumbled “I must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter