White Day

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Theme Song: Cupid by Girl's Day

“Oppa, didn’t I tell you not to call me at school?” whined Krystal with an upset pout as soon as Byunghee came back home.

“Wae? Wae? There was no one on the hallway at that time” her cousin defended while pinching her cheek hard, causing her to slap his hand off immediately.

“Yunho ssi was standing right next to you and you said there was no one? You should go check your eyes, oppa” she frowned hard.

“Tsk, Yunho is not a stranger. He would not do anything if he knew about you” said Byunghee calmly while walking to the kitchen.

“You just don’t understand, oppa” she whispered sadly while shaking her head. She couldn’t blame him, after all, he is simple minded.

On the other hand, Yunho was confused. He stared at the shaded card which was tagged along with the Valentine present while thinking of the nerdy girl he met this noon. ‘Doesn’t she like me? Why did she run away as soon as she saw me as if she was afraid of me? Do I look that scary?’ he thought in puzzle.

“She didn’t give me a chance to say thanks” he mumbled disappointedly while rolling over and added “I must say thank to you no matter what, Krystal”

That’s when he realized that he knew nothing about her except her name and her relationship with Byunghee. Will he go to find her at his close friend’s house, she would be frightened and it’s the least he wanted.

“What should I do?” he wondered while scratching his head in frustration.

^___________________________________^

“Library, library, library” whistled Yunho childishly as he was walking on the hallway. Today, he planned to read some references in the library for his thesis. After he found all the books he needed, he went to the table at the back of the library which was his favorite seat and unexpectedly, he spotted a girl already sitting there. He quietly tapped on the table to get her attention “Can I sit here?”

Krystal heard someone talking to her so she took her eyes off the book she was reading and looked up. Her eyes went big when she saw her crush standing before her. Her mind went blank instantly and her cheeks turned crimson. Likewise, Yunho was surprised that he could meet her here. Instead of thinking hard how he would approach her, it’s easier when they accidentally saw each other.  

“Umm, you can find other seats over there” replied Krystal stuttering while lifting her glasses a little while averting her eyes elsewhere but him.

“Is there someone sitting here?” he asked persistently.

“No, no one” she answered honestly. She knew it’s unreasonable for not share the table with him but she couldn’t afford being close to him, not to mention that he is a stranger to her but especially he was her one-sided love, it’s harder for her to face him.

“Then why can’t I sit here?” protested Yunho putting his books down.

Krystal remained silent. She couldn’t blurt out her silly reason.

“I always sit here since I first went to the library so basically said, this is my table. I’ll sit here no matter what. If you felt uncomfortable, you can choose another but I don’t mind if you sit here since the table is big” he told her blankly.

“I’m sorry” she apologized looking down and began to pack her belongings. To be honest, she was upset at his words. ‘Is it because I’m a nerd that he also bullies me like others?’ she thought sadly ‘I thought he was different’  

Yunho felt like biting his tongue when Krystal suddenly gathered her stuffs. ‘Did my words hurt her?’ he wondered still staring at her. He wanted to approach her and showed her his gratitude but what happened right now was completely opposite to his will. He just wanted to sit at the same table to her so that they could have a chance to talk but now, he destroyed that tiny chance.

“I…” Yunho couldn’t find a word to explain to her. ‘Just what kind of situation am I in at the moment?’ he groaned mentally in frustration. Usually, the girls don’t react like Krystal did so he was kinda lost.

Before he could utter another word, Krystal already left. ‘What was I doing?’ Yunho pulled his hair in defeat as he sat down ‘I’m so stupid. Since when did I at dealing with a girl?’

In the evening, he went to Byunghee’s house in hope that he couldn’t meet Krystal again to apologize about what he said to her this morning. However, to his dismay, she wasn’t come back home yet.

“Krystal goes finding a part-time job already” told Byunghee in carefree as he watched a series on TV.

“When will she come back?” asked Yunho impatiently which made his friend look at him weirdly.

“She must be back soon. But why do you keep asking about her?” the friend questioned in suspicious.

“Umm, just curious. I want to greet her since she is your cousin” he lied.

“Tsk, no need. I don’t think she wanna meet you anyways” Byunghee rolled his eyes uninterestingly.

“Why? Why? She hates me?” Yunho panicked.

“Seriously, what business do you have with her? Spill it out” his friend demanded while playfully strangling the other’s neck.

“Nothing, I just want to get know her since she is your cousin”

“Then just pretend that she is not my cousin”

“No can’t do”   

 “Why? If you don’t be honest, then don’t ask me anything about her” told Byunghee became serious, resulted in a sigh from his friend.

“Oppa, auntie, uncle, I’m home” a sweet voice sang caused the two guys in the living room to turn to the entrance where the girl was taking off her shoes.

“Krystal, you’re back. Did you find a job yet?” her cousin asked in concern while Krystal walked to the kitchen to get some water, not noticing that there was a guest looking at her from the moment she stepped in the house.

“Neh, I will work in the coffee shop on weekends two block away from here” she answered brightly from the kitchen.

“Cool~ Treat me when you get your first salary” joked Byunghee and heard a hit on his head and a you-shouldn’t-do-that glare from his friend.

“No problem. I’ll treat auntie, uncle and Yejin unnie, too” told Krystal happily as she walked to the living room but abruptly stopped her step as soon as she saw Yunho there.

“Oh, I didn’t know you have guest. I’ll go to my room then” she spoke, giving Yunho a bow before dashing upstairs before the latter said a word.

“See, I told you, she doesn’t want to meet you” teased Byunghee which only made his friend feel more down.

Knowing that there was no other way to approach Krystal without his friend’s help, Yunho finally told him the whole thing between him and Krystal. However, despite his expect of his friend’s sympathy, all he received was a whole hearted laugh from Byunghee.

“You’re pathetic, Yunho” his friend commented while patting his back “Since you are unintentional, I will give you her number. To drag her out to meet you is impossible so I think texting her is the easier way”

“Thank you” said Yunho happily as he handed the phone to Byunghee.

“Wow, that enthusiastic? I’m not sure if she will reply you” his friend teased mischievously.

“Yah! Just give it to me already?” he groaned in annoy.

“Yah! You are the one asking my help, dude” Byunghee shouted back playfully.

“I hate you” the taller glared.

But it only made his friend laugh more “Hate you, too”

Just like the other day, Krystal watched Yunho leaving. However, she quickly moved away from the windows when she saw him looking up at her room. Knocking her head unconsciously, she mentally reminded herself ‘Stop doing this like a habit. He is just like others, Krystal’    

“Krystal, can I come in?” her cousin asked as he knocked the door of her bedroom.

“Neh, oppa” she replied, opening the door for him.

“I heard Yunho told me about meeting you this morning”

“And?” she waited for him to continue.

“He said that you seemed to misunderstand his word”

“And?”

“I gave him your number so you two can talk about it”

“Oppa, why did you do that?” asked Krystal upsettingly.

“What’s the matter? He just wanted to apologize and because you avoid him, it’s better if he sends you a text, right?” explained her cousin simply.

“I shouldn’t have given you my number” she mumbled, glaring at him “Did he tell you anything besides the meeting this morning?”

“No, wae? Are you hiding something from me?” questioned Byunghee in curious.

“N-nothing” she stuttered. She felt relieved that Yunho didn’t tell her cousin about the Valentine gift or he would for a whole year. Byunghee is playful and he really likes making people frustrated.

“Really? You doesn’t sound honest though” he suspected with mischievous grin.

“Oppa, you tease me again. Get out!” she whined childishly while pushing him out. She heaved of a sigh of relief once she locked him outside. She was afraid that her cousin would see through her mind.

After having dinner, Yunho went straight to his bed, struggling whether he should send a message for Krystal or not. He didn't want her to misunderstand his word this morning but on the other hand, he was afraid that she couldn’t reply him.

Likewise, Krystal was staring at her phone, waiting for someone. “What are you expecting, Krystal? Oppa give him your number doesn’t mean that he will text or call you” she mumbled to herself before let out a heavy sigh. Although she reminded not to let her hope up, she couldn’t help feeling anxious.

Her phone suddenly vibrating in her hand surprised her. A new message notification displayed on the screen. “It can be from Yunho sunbaenim, can’t it?” wondered Krystal in curious.

Hi, I’m Yunho. Sorry for suddenly message you like this but you seemed to misunderstand me this morning so I wanted to apologize if my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter