Wishes

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Theme Song: Only look at you by KARA Gyuri

It’s been 3 weeks since they became an official couple. They meet each other every day, have lunch together then walked to the bus stop together after school. Beside the time they are at school, they haven’t gone on a date nor meet outside her relative’s house. Somehow, Krystal envied with her cousin’s relationship.

“Unnie, why do you and Byunghee oppa always have skinship? You two hold hands all the times and hug so often, not to mention that you sometimes kiss in front of me” the younger asked occasionally once Yejin visited her cousin.

“It’s because we love each other. Skinship is the way we express our feeling without words. Since you and Yunho oppa dating now, don’t you two hold hand or hug?”

“What? No, we don’t. It’s embarrassing and we just dated not long ago” defended Krystal turning crimson red.

“When you love someone, you will have an urge to stick with the other all the time no matter how long you date. Perhaps kiss and hug is a little fast for the new couple, but hold hand is the least you two can do already. It’s not embarrassing at all” the elder girl explained before adding with a laugh “Ah, talking about embarrassment, you should ask Byunghee about Jaejoong when he wooed Victoria, he did a bunch at school”

“Really?” the younger exclaimed in surprise.     

“Oh, but their relationship developed fast, too thanks to that” Yejin giggled.

“Umm, this question is quite personal but who of you two initially held hands each other?” asked Krystal curiously.

“Let’s see…Umm…It’s your oppa. I remembered that he waited for me at the school gate. However, instead of doing it normally, he hid and when I just took a step out of the university, he jumped on me and kissed me on cheek. Then he took my hands and we held hands going back home after that” the elder told, cupping her blushing cheeks as she recalled the beautiful memory

“It’s so like oppa” Krystal giggled heartedly “Did you slap him for startling you? It’d be funny if you did”

“Hah, you’re naughty but think back about it, I think I should have given him a slap for that. After all, we were just date for half of a week at that time and he already made me embarrassed in front of others” commented Yejin cheerfully as the girl continued laughing.

“You two are too noisy” complained Byunghee suddenly came in the room which caught the girls off guard. He naturally walked toward his girlfriend and wrapped his arm around her shoulder “What are you two talking about?”

“We talked about you” laughed Yejin as she leaned toward him while his cousin giggled along.

“What!?! What’s funny about me?” he exclaimed in clueless while staring at his girls.

“Secret, oppa” the girl stated in union while sticking their tongues out playfully at him before laughing again at his expression.

“You two are bad” he commented sulkily while glaring at the girls.

“You come in to get unnie, right? Then you should go now” told Krystal gently pushing the elder girl toward her cousin. Though she was glad that the two willingly spent their time for her, she doesn't want to interrupt their moment.

“Then I’ll go now. See you, Krystal” Yejin bid her goodbye and gave her a sisterly hug before she left with Byunghee.

Krystal recalled the conversation with Yejin last weekend. It’s been almost three weeks that she dated Yunho, however, they have never held hands. As she lay on the bed, she tangled her hands together, mumbling “How does it feel if we hold hands?”

These past weeks, although they were always together. She felt somehow there is a distance between them. There were times that she caught him staring lovingly at Victoria when she accidentally walking on the hallway which they can see from the table they sat in the backyard whenever they had lunch together. His gaze was full of love and sadness mixing with longing and the way he looking at his ex-girlfriend really made her envy. It’s not jealousy that she felt for sure. It is more like the feeling that you want something that other has but you can never have. Krystal wished that Yunho could look at her like that, too, even just a mere second.

Sighing sadly with her hand resting on her forehead, Krystal stared at the ceiling, whispering “I hope that this relationship is not from his pity on me”

^_________________________^

“What do you want to eat tomorrow? I will prepare it for you” asked Krystal quietly as she turned to her left to look at her boyfriend who seemed not to hear her question. He didn’t touch his food and just stared at the hallway.

She followed her gaze and saw Victoria walking pass by. Her heart tightened when she looked back at him. His eyes never avert elsewhere whenever there is Victoria’s presence which made the younger girl sigh in sorrow. She turned her sight back to her lunchbox and dug in the food pitifully.

“Krystal, I have to go check for Victoria now, I think her leg getting injured. So I cannot have lunch with you. I’m sorry” told Yunho standing up as he gathered his belonging which made his girlfriend shocked yet surprised.

“Then take this with you” told Krystal as she handed him the bento “You can eat them later”

“Thank you, Krystal. I’ll see you later, neh?” the boyfriend said with a warm smile but his face showed that he was anxious.

“Okay” she nodded slightly in reply before watching him leave. Her heart sunk while looking him disappear from her sight. “You never look at my way, oppa” she whispered distantly in sadness.

I’m sorry that I cannot pick you up later. Victoria really injured her leg and she fought with Jaejoong so I will have to take her home later. Would you mind to go to the infirmary after class? I want to return the lunchbox but she asked me to stay when she sleeps.

Krystal sighed again when she read his message before replying, I’ll be there to get it

As soon as the class dismissed, Krystal packed her book and walked to the infirmary as she said. However, the unwelcomed scene greeted her before she could knock the door. Through the window, she saw Yunho hugging Victoria who was upset, hitting his back repeatedly. They look like a couple arguing.

“I hate you, Yunho. You told me that you will never love anyone beside me, then why are you dating the girl named Krystal now? You’re liar. I hate you” Krystal gasped when she heard Victoria cried out. Her whole body trembled when the elder continued her confession.

“Jaejoong is also the same. I hate men. Why are you always lying?” she yelled, tearing up as she hugged Yunho back “I hate that girl. She stole you from me. You said you would be always by my side but since you dated her, you didn’t spend time for me anymore. I don’t want you to get a girlfriend. I really hate this”

“Calm down, Victoria” Yunho patted her back gently “You know that’s not true. I’m and will be always be with you when you need me, just like at the moment. I’m not lying, Vic. You’re always my priority”

Krystal couldn’t stand it anymore that she ran away. She didn’t have courage to step in to face her so called boyfriend at the moment. She knew it, she knew that Victoria is his priority but she had avoided thinking about it. However, after hearing Yunho saying it himself, she couldn’t deny it anymore. “What should I do? I don’t know anymore” mumbled Krystal breathing heavily once she arrived the bus stop. Unnoticing, tears started rolling down her cheek.

That night, Yunho called his girlfriend but she didn’t pick up. After sending him a message that she couldn’t meet him in the infirmary earlier, she turned off her cellphone. Krystal didn’t want to hear him at the moment as she was so heartbroken. Not until late at night did she sent him a message since her phone was full of his missed calls.

 It’s late. Don’t call. I will see you tomorrow at the usual place. Goodnight, oppa.

^________________________________^

Though her mood has been gloomy since yesterday, Krystal still prepared lunch and waited for Yunho at their hideout. He has texted her, informing that he would go there later because he had an appointment with his advisor in the lecturer office. As she waited for him patiently, a group of girl came toward her with annoyance. ‘They never come here before’ thought Krystal in puzzle but she didn’t really concern about it until they stood before her.

“You’re Krystal, right?” the leader asked, slamming her hand on the table which startled the nerdy girl.

“Neh” she confirmed, nodding her head weakly as she looked up at the fierce girls. To her opinion, they are all pretty but she couldn’t understand while they looked for her.

“I saw you sticking with Yunho oppa these days. What the hell do you think you are doing?” yelled another grabbing Krystal’s collar and pulled her up.

“I didn’t do anything” she replied fearfully as she avoided their strong gaze then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter