Waiting is tortured

Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal has discarded from the hospital 3 days ago after the operation but Yunho hasn’t come to visit her once. He didn’t call or message her at all which made her think about the conversation they had in the hospital before. ‘Did he just want to comfort me at that time?’ she began to wonder while holding the cellphone in her hand. Even though she kept reminding herself not to let her hope up, she couldn’t help waiting for him. Since the doctor asked her to stay at home for a week and she still haven’t got her vision back after the operation, she had no choice but obey the instruction though she was yearning to go to school because she might have a chance to meet Yunho.

Soon, a week passed and her vision became better, she could finally do her usual routine yet she still haven’t heard anything from Yunho at all. Did he regret what he said to her? She was afraid that it’s the case and that’s the reason the elder was avoiding but a part of her still wanted to believe in him.

“Why are you still wearing your glasses? You can see fine without it now” asked Byunghee stuffing the breakfast into his mouth when he saw his cousin walking downstairs with her bag.

“I felt uncomfortable without them” she answered blankly, taking a seat next to him.

Without saying anything, Byunghee took the glasses off and wore it then commented “Oh, it’s no degree” 

“Oppa, return it” whined Krystal trying to get the glasses back from her naughty cousin.

“Finish your breakfast quickly, I will take you to school” he told and uninterestingly returned the glasses to her.

“Wae? I can go myself. Aren’t you gonna pick up Yejin unnie? Don’t mind me, go ahead yourself” stated Krystal calmly as she started digging in the food.

“Then I will go first” informed the cousin as he put his dishes into the washing machine then left.

^___________________^

“Where is it? Where is it?” mumbled Krystal as she looked up the shelf to look for a reference book in the library. Her eyes scanned the top shelf hoping that it won’t be there since she probably couldn’t reach it with her height.

“No way” she whined quietly once she spotted the right title. The book she need was sandwiched between other thick materials. Tip toeing, she extended her arm, trying to reach it but no avail.

“A bit more, a little more” she whispered to herself as her fingers touched its cover.

“Here you are” a voice said from behind and soon the book was taken down which surprised her. She bowed her head slightly to express her gratitude as she took the book from the kind stranger with her back still facing that person.

“You should ask for help if you cannot reach it” the person advised, wanting to continue the conversation but as shy as she always is, Krystal quickly picked up her bag while mumbling her thank, ready for her escape. However, before she could, she was pulled to the corner and was pinned against the wall. Too shocked at what happened, she wasn’t fast enough to react that she was settled in a warm embrace.

“You are planning to run away from me again?” asked that person calmly as the chin rested on her head.

“Yunho oppa?” she questioned, unsure whether her ear was playing a trick to her.

“We just didn’t meet for a week and you don’t recognize my voice anymore? It makes me sad, Krystal” he commented, pulling away a little so that their eyes met. Holding her chin firmly, he leaned in and planted a sweet kiss on her lips. Only God knows how much he missed her. Being able to meet her, hear her and hold her again felt so good.

“I miss you so much” confessed Yunho pressing their forehead together.

That’s when tears flowing down on her cheeks. “Don’t say sweet words if you don’t mean it” she denied with more tears escaping her eyes. If there must be a person missing someone between them, that person would be her, not the way around.

“I’m not lying. I really meant it” the boyfriend assured, wiping her wet cheek gently.

“But you didn’t contact for a week” she sniffled, rubbing her red eyes “You must regret what you said”

“You were thinking too much. I was busy so I cannot contact you. Didn’t I tell you so?” he reminded her tenderly as he pulled her into another hug, patting her back to console.

“But I can’t help thinking that way” she sobbed quietly “After all, I’m not someone special that you have to treat me differently”

“You’re special to me, silly” stated Yunho with his calm voice as he ruffled her hair “It’s my fault that I didn’t contact you so I’m sorry, neh? Don’t cry anymore”

Krystal nodded slightly as she took deep breath, trying to control her emotion. Once she calmed down, Yunho pulled away and pecked her cheek before pinching it playfully, adding with a bright smile “Let’s go. I have something to show you”        

“But I have class later” exclaimed Krystal in surprise when suddenly Yunho held her hand and led the way.

“No objection, you have to be with me for the whole day” the boyfriend turned his head back and handsomely winked at her before continued walking out the library.

“Where are we going?” the girlfriend questioned in curiousness as she followed his step.

“It’s a surprise so I cannot tell you now” Yunho informed cheekily with a big grin flattering on his face.

“So, how was your operation? Were you scared?” he asked, starting a conversation as he entwined their fingers once they settled down on the bus.

“It went well but I was a little scared before the operation” she told him honestly.

“It’s alright now” said Yunho squeezing her small hand while smiling dearly at her. They talked a little before the bus reached its stop. The boyfriend didn’t hesitate to lead her to the destination.

“Why are you here?” asked Krystal curiously once they walked in a tall building but Yunho didn’t answer her question, just assuring her with a smile when they went to the upper floor.

“From now on, I will live here” he announced once they stopped in front of a door. Naturally did he open it with his key, he gestured his girlfriend to come inside before following her from behind.

“You just move in, right?” she left a comment when she noticed some containers placing at the corner.

“Oh, I spent a week to clean up this place and bring my belonging here. That’s why I couldn’t contact you” explained Yunho wrapping his right arm around her shoulder while his left hand placing the key in her palm, smiling happily “This is for you. Come here whenever you want”

“For me?” repeated Krystal, not believing in what she just heard. She was surprised and shocked at the same time, the feelings were mixed inside her. She looked up at her boyfriend, who was smiling happily, to see whether it’s a joke.

“Oh, you’re my girlfriend so I hope you will visit me often. That’s why I rent this apartment anyways. We cannot be comfortable if there are elders, right? So I moved out” Yunho told cheekily as he kissed the side of her head which made Krystal reddened instantly.

“Weren’t your parents sad when you suddenly moved out like this? I mean, we always meet at school anyways so you needn’t rent an apartment and move out” she reasoned although she felt happy when Yunho thought about her.

“You just want to meet me at school only?” he pouted childishly and made a sad face “But I want to see you more”

That’s it. His word just killed her at the mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter