Chapter 2: Love and Desperation

Falling to Pieces [PAUSED/HIATUS]

 

A/N: This edited as well. This chapter used to be really, really, really, short. Its still short but I added much more details. So yeah, enjoy this edited version. :)


LOVE & DESPERATION

 

     Ever since Donghae had "that" heated meeting with his and Eunhyuk's parents, he never went out of his room. He was mad and frustrated. Who wouldn't be? Your parents are forcing you to marry someone that you don't love. That's just heartless and cruel. It's the 21st century. Can't he have the freedom to choose who he wants to spend the rest of his life with? It's not that he doesn't love Eunhyuk, he just doesn't love him that way.    

    "Donghae? Come on out here, somebody wants to see you.", Mrs. Lee called, knocking on the door. But she got no response. "Son, somebody wants to see you...It's Sungmin. He's in the library." Mrs. Lee said, but again, she got no response. She was about to knock on the door when the door swung open. "Sungmin's here?!" Donghae asked. "Yes son, so plea--" Mrs. Lee was cut off when her son shoved her out of the way and ran downstairs like a cheetah. "Well, that was rude." Mrs. Lee said.

     Donghae ran towards their library. He was ecstatic. He hasn't seen the man for so long. The last time he saw him, was last year's New Years Party. The Kims (Eunhyuk's family) and the Lees, and along with friends, had a huge New Years Party. Everyone had a blast. Donghae, however, did not. Him and Sungmin snuck out of the party and went into Donghae's room. It was there that Sungmin told him something that completely broke his heart.  

"Sungmin!!" Donghae exclaimed and ran to the said person, giving him a bone crushing hug. "D-Donghae! ca- breathe!!" Sungmin said. Donghae detached himself and muttered a "sorry" before they both sat down on the couch. "So, umm...how have you been?" Sungmin asked. It was a bit awkward since they haven't met in a long time. 

 "Can't say that I'm fine. Your parents and my parents have decided on their own that Eunhyuk and I are going to be married in the next 2 months." Donghae replied in a bitter tone. 

  Silence engulfed them. What could Sungmin say to that? I'm sorry? He shouldn't even be here in the first place. Sungmin and Donghae did date. They were completely in love with each other. Their friends saw how in love they were and even predicted that they will definitely get married. However, it all fell apart. Sungmin took what was special and beautiful and just crushed it into pieces. He was sorry for it. But he could never forgive himself for hurting Donghae. 

  For what seemed like forever, Donghae broke the silence and said, "You know that I still love you right?". Sungmin didn't say anything. He knew Donghae was going to say that but it still made his heart quiver. Donghae continued, "I dream about the things that we did. I dream about those times we would just lay in my bed. I looked at you and thought, 'Wow, I'm so freaking lucky.' I loved you with all my heart, and I know you did too, but I don't know what I did that made you stop loving me." Sungmin visibly paled. He could hear the pain in Donghae's voice and it sounds painful to him. I did that to him. 

   Sungmin finally mustered up the courage and said, "I never meant to hurt you, but I did. I'm really sorry. I..." Sungmin didn't know what to say. They stared at each other. A tear rolled down Donghae's cheek, "I know. But no matter what, I'll always love you." I don't deserve it. Sungmin said to himself.  But the desperation in Donghae's voice and the pain in his eyes; Sungmin couldn't take it and leaned in to kiss him. Donghae gladly returned the kiss. The kiss was anything but innocent; it was heated and it was filled with desperation. "This is wrong Donghae. I can't do this." Sungmin pulled away from Donghae but the man grabbed both his hands and looked at him with love and lust.

"I have a fiance Donghae and I am getting married next month." Sungmin said. Donghae still didn't let go and Sungmin didn't try to escape. 

 Sungmin looked at Donghae's eyes and he could see the love and the desperation. He remembered the time they would sneak out of the family dinners with both families and go to the garden. Sungmin's family had a big garden that you could easily get lost into. They went to the deepest part of the garden and layed on the grass, looking at the stars. They would cuddle and make out. Sungmin missed those days, and he knows Donghae does too.

Sungmin finally gives in to the man. 

 They both kiss again. "You have no idea how much I love you Min.", Sungmin moaned from the kiss and from the passionate confession. "I love you too." Sungmin managed to say, not knowing the repercussions it will have. "I really, really do." Soon, the kiss became hot and passionate. Donghae lift Sungmin up, before going to up to his bedroom upstairs. 

Eunhyuk emerged from the dining room. He heard everything, every single thing. He and Sungmin came together and Mrs. Lee asked Eunhyuk for help in baking since she doesn't know how and he does. He was just going to get his pants off since he spilled flour on it. He passed by the library and heard everything. 

    "What did I do?" Eunhyuk asked himself as tears escaped from his eyes. "Why am I so selfish? They're hurting all because of my stupidity. I had a choice and I didn't take it." Eunhyuk wiped the tears on his cheeks. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" Eunhyuk said as repeatedly punch the wall. "I am so stupid."

 

Word Count: 954

 


A/N:

Thank you so so so much for sucribing and staying with me!! Is it okay if you will check and read my other stories? I would really appreciate that!

 

 

SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE. :) :)