Chapter 8: Awkward

Falling to Pieces [PAUSED/HIATUS]

A/N: Hello again!! I updated a chapter yesterday so if you guys haven't read that, please go read it :) Anyways, here is Chapter 8:)


This is a continuation from Ch. 6 since the previous chapter (ch.7) was just a flashback. If you guys get confused, just go back to chapter six and it will make sense. 

AWKWARD

 

        Eunhyuk grabbed his alarm clock, which was ringing constantly, and threw it against the wall. The pieces that used to make up the alarm clock was now scattered on the wooden floor. Today was the day. Yesterday, he met with Kyuhyun at the brew where he humiliated himself by calling the said man oppa. Just thinking about it made squirm and cringe. Why the hell did I do that? He thought.

            He groaned out of frustration as he got out of bed. Kyuhyun was going to pick him up at 11:20 a.m. today. “Should I just text him and say I can’t go?” Eunhyuk contemplated. Kyuhyun asked him if he wanted to go to his farm last night and he said yes. He thought about the confrontation he had last night between his parents and how his Dad forbid him from seeing Kyuhyun. He doesn't really care though, they never really cared what Eunhyuk does. Eunhyuk ruffled his hair and put on his fluffy slippers. “I should just go.” Eunhyuk muttered before going into the bathroom to take a bath. 

 

   

     After taking a shower, he put on a white hoodie that he got from the Sold Out Factory and black jeans. He looked at the time. 10:30. Eunhyuk sighed in relief; he still had time. He put on his sneakers, grabbed his phone and wallet before going downstairs.

     As soon as he arrived downstairs, the smell of bacon and pancakes hit him on the face. Who’s cooking? Nobody cooks in the house. Eunhyuk thought to himself. He walked towards the kitchen door and opened it.

     A short, black haired man was on the stove, cooking. He was a wearing an apron and humming to a song. He turned around. “Oh, you’re up. Sit down Hyuk!” Sungmin said, pulling out a chair for the younger. “Breakfast is almost ready. Mom and Dad already left for work so sit down.” He said before turning his attention back to his cooking.

   The memories from what happened two weeks ago came flooding into Eunhyuk’s thoughts; The confessions, the hugs, the tears and the kisses. It was still clear to him. 

   “Hyuk? Hello??” Sungmin waved his hand in front of Eunhyuk’s face who was staring into space. Eunhyuk snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Sungmin. “Huh?” Sungmin chuckled. “I said breakfast is ready. Come on, sit down!” Sungmin pushed Eunhyuk towards the table. Eunhyuk sat down and looked at the food on the table before looking back at Sungmin. Why is here? Why did he cook? He never cooks. And why does he look so happy?. Eunhyuk thought to himself.

    Sungmin placed the bottle of pancake syrup on the table before sitting down. “Why are you dressed? Are you going out?” Sungmin asked. “Yeah, I’m going somewhere with a friend.” Eunhyuk replied. He took some pancakes and put it on his plate. “Which friend?” Sungmin asked. “You don’t know him.” Eunhyuk replied with a voice that screamed Please stop asking me questions.

      It got awkward. Eunhyuk and Sungmin just continued eating their breakfast, both wondering the same question, what’s going with him?

       Eunhyuk suddenly remembered something. "I have a fiance Donghae and I am getting married next month." Eunhyuk stopped eating for a minute. He’s getting married? To who? He didn’t say anything to me or mom and dad. Eunhyuk thought. He looked at Sungmin’s left hand and saw a ring. “Hey hyung, are you really getting married?” Eunhyuk suddenly asked. Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk in surprise. “H-How…What are you talking about?” Sungmin asked nervously.

      Eunhyuk points to Sungmin’s finger. “Engagement ring.” Sungmin looked at his ring. “That’s not an engagement ring. I bought that ring when I spent four months in Hawaii, remember?” Sungmin said. He just ate a slice of pancake as if he didn’t just lie.       

     Why is he lying? “Oh, okay.” Eunhyuk replied. They spent the next 10 minutes eating what’s left of breakfast. A bing sound interrupted the awkward silence in the room. Eunhyuk fished his phone out of his pocket and saw someone had messaged him.

From Kyuhyun:

   Meet me at the brew. I want to get coffee before going to the farm. I had to work late so I really didn’t get much sleep. We’re going to have sooo much fun!!! See you!

Eunhyuk chuckled at the message. It’s such a typical Kyuhyun.

“What’s so funny?” Sungmin asked. “Nothing. It’s my friend. I have to go now.” Eunhyuk replied.

He got up, bringing his plate to the sink. “Thanks for the breakfast hyung.” Eunhyuk said. He walked out of the kitchen and into the big living room. He looked at the clock for the time; 11:05. Eunhyuk looked at himself in the mirror one last time before heading out to meet Kyuhyun.

 


A/N: Hi guys!! I hope guys liked this update, it was kind of short. As I said before, I updated yesterday so if you haven't read it, go to the previous chapter. I don't want you guys to get confused in the future chapters. 

What do you guys think about Sungmin? Why do you think he lied about getting married? Is he really getting married? 

Thank you soo much y'all for reading and subscribing to my lame fic. See ya next time!!

 

SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE. <3 <3 <3

Edit: I will not be updating this fic for awhile. I'm in the process of editing the plot and everything but things are getting to me so I'm taking a pause from this fic. I am currently working on my other fic, The , so you can check that out if you want. 

Bye for now.