Chapter 6: Everything has Changed

Falling to Pieces [PAUSED/HIATUS]

 

     Everything has changed


 

   After the “oppa incident”, it got so awkward between the two of them. Eunhyuk couldn’t even look at Kyuhyun without blushing while Kyuhyun couldn’t look at Eunhyuk without remembering what just happened. After 10 minutes of awkwardness, Eunhyuk decidedthat he wanted to go home.

 “Thanks for dropping me off.” Eunhyuk smiled at Kyuhyun. “No problem Hyuk.” Kyuhyun hugged Eunhyuk.  Kyuhyun went out of the car, going around the hood to open Eunhyuk’s door. The blonde haired man blushed. “You didn’t have to do that.” Kyuhyun just smiled at Hyukjae.

They continued talking about non-sense like work and Eunhyuk apologizing about what happened, not noticing that someone was watching them.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow?” Kyuhyun asked. “Tomorrow?” Eunhyuk asked, confused.

“Well, I’m going to the province tomorrow to see the farm. I was thinking if you wanted to go.” Kyuhyun smiled. “You’re a farmer now? I thought you were the CEO of Games?” Eunhyuk asked, with a bit of sarcasm. “Well, I’m kind of both. You see, if the company ever goes bankrupt or if I want to quit, I can just go live in the province and make money with my farm.” Kyuhyun smugly said. “Wow, smart idea. As expected from, Cho Kyuhyun.” Eunhyuk said, making Kyuhyun laugh. “Well? Do you want to come with me tomorrow? Kyuhyun asked “Yes, I would love to Kyuhyun!” Eunhyuk exclaimed.

“Well, see you then.” Kyuhyun gave Eunhyuk a peck in the cheeks, which made Eunhyuk blush. “W-What was that for?” Eunhyuk asked. But Kyuhyun only smiled at him before he drove off.

 

                                                                                            

 

    Eunhyuk stepped inside the house, still touching his cheeks. He was startled as he saw his mom, dad, and Donghae in the living room, staring at him.

   “Where have you been?” His dad asked coldly. “I….I..” Eunhyuk stuttered, suddenly feeling nervous. “So, was that your boyfriend?”His mom asked. “W-What?” Eunhyuk asked, confused. “Don’t play games with me! Donghae saw everything, you kissing and hugging that man outside!”

“Huh? NO!” Eunhyuk widened his eyes. “Be quiet Kim Hyukjae! You and Donghae are engaged. You can't be seeing other people!” His mom snapped.

“M-mom, it’s a misunderstanding! He is not my—” Eunhyuk couldn’t finish what he was saying when his dad interrupted him.

“Don't talk back to your mother! Do you have any idea how Donghae felt when he saw you guys kiss?!”His dad yelled. Eunhyuk looked at Donghae and he widened his eyes. Donghae was smirking at him. What the hell?

“Why can’t you be like your brother?! All you ever bring to us is trouble!” His mom snapped. Eunhyuk flinched.  He knows his mother hates him but being compared to Sungmin hurts. He knows he's not perfect like Sungmin but they don't have to remind him that. He doesn't need to be reminded of how imperfect he is.

"Go to your room now! You're grounded!!!" His mom sternly said. Eunhyuk frowned at them. “Grounded?! Mom, I’m 20 years old!” Eunhyuk yelled back at his mom.

“How dare you yell at me?!” His mom yelled at him before slapping him in the face. Eunhyuk stood there in shock.

“Go to your room, now!!” His mom ordered him. Eunhyuk started to head towards the stairs, when his dad says. "Don’t talk to that man, ever again."

 

                                                                                                              

 

    Eunhyuk slammed his bedroom door shut. He wiped his tears and jumped onto his bed. How can they treat me like that?! Eunhyuk thought to himself. Mom even slapped me! This is the first time she ever laid a hand on me. Eunhyuk’s parents may act cold and heartless towards him but never, have they ever hit Eunhyuk. And this is the first time his mom has hit him.

    But he didn’t care about that. It pains him more to hear over and over again that he will never surpass the love his parents have for his older brother Sungmin. It pains him more to hear over and over again that he will never be as perfect as Sungmin. It pains him that everyone has treated him like trash. Everything changed so fast.

  There’s also one thing that bothered Eunhyuk. Donghae.

   Donghae was smirking at Eunhyuk while he was getting yelled at his parents. What the hell was up with that? Why was he smirking at me? Eunhyuk thought to himself. Does he really hate the idea of the two of us getting married, that me getting hurt gives him pleasure? Eunhyuk thought to himself as he wiped away his tears.

   Days after their "engagement", Donghae has been coldly ignoring Eunhyuk's attempts in talking. Eunhyuk has sent messages and voice mails to Donghae but all of them were ignored. He just wanted have a clear discussion with Donghae. He was forced into this as well so as much as he loves Donghae, this "engagement" thing of theirs is not really the best thing that happened to both of them. He just wanted to talk Donghae about a plan, because after he overheard him and Sungmin, he doesn't want to go through this, at all. 

   When he came to their house this morning to meet up with his parents for his part of the wedding shopping, he didn't acknowledge Eunhyuk's presence; didn't even spare him a glance. But when he did, it was so cold and lifeless. Eunhyuk thought it was a different person. 

   “It’s amazing how a person can change so fast.” Eunhyuk said to himself as he looked at the picture frame that was hung on his wall. It was a picture of him and Donghae, in an amusement park, hugging each other with a huge smile on their faces. 

 “We used to be so happy but…..” Eunhyuk paused as he wiped the tears that were still pouring out of his eyes before he continued. “...after everything that happened in the last few weeks, you just changed.” 

 

 

 


I HOPED YOU GUYS LIKED THAT!! (You probably didn't.)

THIS WAS NOT PROOF-READ SO JUST IGNORE THE MESATKSE. (SEE WHAT I DID THERE? XD I AM SO LAME)

SEE YOU GUYS NEXT UPDATE <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 

SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE. <3 <3