HELLO UKWON. .

Classroom 44

My heart had almost stopped. I knew something supernatural had happened in the room. And i knew that Ukwon was fooling around with something he didn't understand.

 

        I watched in silent dread as he stood beside the whiteboard, grinning like a teacher from hell." I want to test your knowledge" he announced. "We're going to play word games".He pointed to the three letters on the board."I'm going to add another letter and you've got to guess what the rest of the word is".

        "No, you musn't!" shrieked Eyra.

        "Why not?" Ukwon fired back."Nobody uses this classroom anymore, so who cares what i write on the board?"

 

"But what about the ghost?" Zico blurted out. "What if Miss Wydre's ghost sees you?"

 

        "Thats crazy!" Ukwon retorted defiantly. He lifted the marker to begin writing.But just as its tip touched the whiteboard, the pen flew out of his hand and went spinning onto the floor."Ouch" Ukwon gasped in surprise."Who did that?"

        "Don't look at me" Zico shuddered.

        "It wasn't us!" Eyra cried.

        "It felt like someone blew it away " Ukwon said.His face turned pale and saw fear flicker in his eyes.

         At last, I thought, it was my turn to mock Ukwon!  I'd been waiting for this moment for ages. I'd never seen him look scared before."Welcome to the supernatural" I laughed. "I told you not to make fun of things you don't understand".

         "There's no way it could happen like that!" he barked, trying to cover his shock. He dived after the pen and picked it up."It was just a wind of some kind" he said. "It had nothing to do with the supernatural!"

 

          He held the pen firmly and cleared his throat."Now, pay attention, students, and tell me what word this is...".He turned to the board and began writing.

         And our screams rose like a wild animal noises from our throats. As we watched, the pen was knocked out of his hand by some invisible force and split in two.Ukwon was thrown aside like a rag doll. He tumbled to the floor, sprawling in the dust, frozen with terror.

 

        And then, as our eyes greww wider and our heartbeats drummed in our ears, letters began to form by themselves on the whiteboard.The letters just appeared, one after another, all printed in tha same manner by an unseen hand.

       And what had simply been

 

H E L

had now become a message:

 

HELLO UKWON