A gateway??

Classroom 44

We edged away as Miss Hayoung approached us. "______,didn't i tell you not to ask all those questions?" she yelled. "Now look what you've done!"

        We couldn't believe our eyes.

        Miss Hayoung, our teacher was hauling the writhing remains of Miss Wydre away from the terrified caretaker. He struggled to his feet, rubbing his bruised throat. "I tried to stop them," he gasped.

        "It's not your fault, Inseung," Miss Hayoung told him. She lifted Miss Wydre into a shrieking, slimy heap in the corner. "Now Ukwon, give me that marker pen, please. Before any more damage is done". For once, Ukwon didn't argue. He handed her the broken pen. "What's so special about it?"

        "It was part of the mystery," Miss Hayoung snapped.

        "It's the ink," the caretaker yelled. "I tried to tell you all but nobody listened. The ink infected Wydre. It did something to her mind and body. it turned her into some kind of zombie".

        "Inseung!" Miss Hayoung frowned. "Stop saying crazy things like that!"

        "Miss Hayoung," Eyra groaned in a strangled voice, "Did you know about this all the time?". "We all knew there was a mystery," Miss Hayoung replied. "Since that day,ten years ago, when Wydre vanished".

         "What happened to her?" I wanted to know, glancing at the hideous creature huddled on the floor in the corner. "Nobody knows for sure," Miss Hayoung told me. "One moment she was in this room and the next, she was gone. The police came and found no trace of her. So the classroom was locked up and never used again".

         "You even took the room number down, didn't you?" Zico asked. "It was all for the best," Miss Hayoung nodded. "We didn't want people spreading scary stories".

         "But they did," growled the caretaker."And when i saw her last message on the board, i knew this room was haunted. I knew Miss Wydre was still here, hiding inside the board". Miss hayoung gave a strange laugh. "Inseung, you shouldn't say things like that." She tapped the whiteboard. "See, It's just an ordinary board".

         "It's not!" The caretaker pointed at Miss Wydre. "That's where she came from! These students saw her too. Why don't you believe me?" He turned to us, his eyes pleading. "Everyone thought i was making up stories. None of them listened to me. Some people even thought that i was the one who'd killed her!"

         Miss Hayoung moved towards the door." i think we have to report this matter to the principal. And he'll call the police. They'll know what to do".

          "But Miss Hayoung" i argued, "this isn't a case for the police. This is all about the supernatural. The caretaker is right. We saw Miss Wydre's ghost come through that whiteboard. There's another world on the other side"

          "Nonsense," Miss Hayoung flashed me an impatient look. "Your imagination is as wild as his. Now, come with me, all of you".

          But she never reached the door.

          With a hideous scream, Miss Wydre rose up from the floor and her hurled herself at the whiteboard. It burst open and her mangled body passed through to the other side. Then, with a ripple, its surface became a whiteboard again.

         "I told you, i told you,  the whiteboard is a gateway to a haunted world," shouted the caretaker. But when he turned to look at Miss hayoung, she had already fainted.