A classroom that never was. . .

Classroom 44

         Let me tell you something about Supernatural Investigation. When you go looking for troubled ghosts, one of two things can happen. Either the gost will be grateful that you're trying to help them, or the ghosts will hate you for disturbing them, And if they hate you, they'll turn mean and nasty and try to kill you.

         I didn't tell my friends that, of corse, but it's something i've always believed!

         When the final bell rang that afternoon, Miss Hayoung hurried off. We took our time, packing up our things slowly, until all our classmates had left. Then we were alone, just the three of us and Ukwon. "I love the sound of that bell," Eyra said as she hoisted her schoolbag onto her shoulder. "It means we're FREE!!"

        

         "Ah, but you haven't heard the story of the deadly school bell," Zico told her. "It was a haunted bell that was sent to a school by mistake and whoever rang the bell died a horrible death"

 

"Cool," I said, leading the way to the door. "We should investigate that one day."

         I checked the corridor. It was empty. We sprinted along to the stairs and dashed up to the fourth floor. It was deserted. The computer was locked up. So was the library. All the lights were switched off. We peered through the glass doors, seeing only shelves of books sitting quietly waiting for night to fall. "It's not just bells that are haunted," Eyra said. "I've heard that some school library have ghosts. Some ghost come out of the books at night."

         We moved on, passing the fourth floor washroom.

         "I suppose you'll say school toilets are also haunted," mocked Ukwon.

         "Sometimes," said Zico seriously. "Some people had once been into toilet bowls. And when they were, they traveled back through time".

         "That's crazy"  Ukwon elbowed him. "It's not," Eyra stamped her foot. "Anything can happen in the supernatural world."

 

         "Toilets aren't supernatural," sneered Ukwon. "They're just super smelly."

         We turned a corner and came to a part of our school we'd never seen before. The corridor had become to a dead end. We found ourselves facing three doors. The first had a sign that said CLEANERS. It was open and we caught a glimpse of buckets and mops inside.Beside it, another door had a sign that read STOREROOM. I took a deep breath and edged forward. The door was not locked. It swung open into a small room crowded with a metal lockers.

         Ukwon elbowed me. "Maybe they're full of body parts,______," he joked and immediately i wanted to strangle him. "Not funny," I hissed. "Dead bodies are often found in lockers".

        "Some kid died in locker once" Zico said grimly. " He was a school bully and someone pushed him inside and locked him in. He died, but his spirit was a bully, too. It other students inside and nobody ever found out where they went".

         "Well," Ukwon laughed and looked around, "There's nothing up here. We might as well go home".

         "What about the third door?" Zico protested. "The one without a sign ? We haven't looked in there yet".

         "But we're wasting our time," Ukwon snapped scornfully.

         I studied the third door, and then examined the doorframe. Suddenly my skin prickled with a strange sensation. "Look," i ponted. "On the frame above the door. There are four little holes". "Termites are eating the wood," Ukwon gave a bored shrug.

      

         "No, they're not made by termites," i insisted. "I think those holes were made by screws. The screws that were used to fix the classroom number to the doorframe when the school was first built".

         Zico stared at the tiny holes. "It makes sense,______.All the other classrooms have their numbers above the door".

         "But when Miss Wydre disappeared and they know the classoom was haunted, they took the number down," Eyra's eyes widened. She was squeezing and shaking my arm at the same time. " that means we've found it. Classroom 44. The classroom that never was!"