Supernatural stuff is super dumb. .

Classroom 44

           I have never seen a frightened teacher in my whole life. But when she heard Ukown's question, terror seized Miss Hayoung's face and her skin turned whiter than a coffin shroud. "Who told you about that?" she gasped, and then in the next instant shook her head angrily. "What nonsense are you talking about? You know very well we don't have a classroom with that number."

           "But Miss Hayoung, there was one once, wasn't there?" Zico probed. "And it's where Miss Wydre died and became a ghost, isn't it?" Eyra asked in deathly voice.

           We all liked Miss Hayoung. She was very strict, but somehow she didn't mean it and her bad moods never lasted very long. But at that moment, I thougt she was going to explode.

           

            "You shoudn't make fun of things like death," she shrilled, her eyes narrowing. "And you shouldn't make up rumors to scare the whole school." She reached over and pinched Eyra's ear. "And if i hear another word from any of you about this, i'll take you to the principal myself." She threw open the classroom door and pushed us inside. And for the rest of that day, her mood just got worse and worse. Even the slightest mistake drove her crazy.

 

             "Wow, what's eating her?" wondered Taeil.

             "I've never seen her so fierce," whispered Jaehyo. "What did you do to her,_____?". I just looked blank and shrugged. I didn't tell anyone what we'd heard.

             But during our recess, my friends and i huddled together where nobody else could hear us. "It must be true ," stated Zico. "Otherwise Miss Hayoung wouldn't have been so angry". " I think so, too," agreed Eyra, rubbing her ear.

             "But what is she so afraid of?" I wanted to know. "She isn't afraid," Ukwon laughed sarcastically. "She just thinks you're trying to make trouble. Anyhow, you heard what she said . There isn't any classroom 44 and there was never a teacher called Miss Wydre. I think all your supernatural stuff is super dumb".

              "But if there used to be a classroom 44, where did it go?" demanded Eyra.

             I'd been thinking about that, too. "I think it would've been on fourth floor," I told her, "All the classrooms on the first floor start with a 1. The ones on the second floor star with a 2. The ones on the third floor star with 3"

              "So why don't we go up to the fourth floor and take a look?" suggested Zico. Ukwon rolled his eyes. "Don't you know anything?" He smirked. "There aren't any classrooms up there. Only the library and the computer lab, and some old storerooms". "You're the one who doesn't know anything," Eyra accused him. "What if  they changed the numbers after the teacher vanished? What if it's still there but it's all locked up?"

 

              Ukwon made a noise like a sick sheep. "Well, you can't go up there now. Recess is almost over."

              "So, let's go up after school," I decided firmly. "while everone's going home, we can sneak up and see what we can find. And nobody will ever know we've been there!"

              Eyra's face turned the colot of daeth. "Except Miss Wydre," she whispered. "She'll know we've been there..."