Unexpected meeting

The Secrets of the Necklace

Joohee stands up, sporting a grin. “I’ll go home first. I want to see things alone for now, Yuna-ah. Please take care.”

 

“But –”

 

“Myungsoo-ah, please take Yuna home.” He replies with a nod as they watched Joohee walked away.

 

Yuna sighs, and looks at the window pane outside. While Myungsoo goes back to reading. A moment of silence filled the library, but someone familiar to Myungsoo then appears.

 

“Yah, Myungsoo.” A male voice called from behind, Yuna and Myungsoo stares at the guy as he happily smiled.

 

“Dongwoo. Hey!” Dongwoo sat beside Myungsoo, as the made some weird brofists. Then he gazes at Yuna, then back at Myungsoo. Ohh, Dating huh?

 

Yuna bows politely, “Annyeonghaseyo. Min Yuna imnida~”

 

“Dongwoo imnida!” He bows back, “Don’t be polite Yuna-ah.”

 

“Sure.”

 

Dongwoo nudges at Myungsoo, and smiles. “Yah. Are you guys dating?” Myungsoo rolls his eyes, and scoffs. “No. We’re just helping each other out.”

 

Yuna stands up, as she bit her lower lip. “Oh. I forgot I need to do errands today. Dongwoo-ah, Myungsoo-ah. I’ll see you tomorrow.” She bowed politely, and tried to walk away but Myungsoo had held unto her wrist.

 

“But I promise Joohee noona to take you home, you know. Or else she’ll kill me.” He stands up and slaps Dongwoo’s back who was amused.

 

“Dongwoo, tell the other guys I’m gonna see them tomorrow.”

 

“Sure thing. Yuna take care.” He waves happily as Yuna happily waves back.

 

<< >>

 

There was another awkward silence as Yuna and Myungsoo walked together. And they felt it. So Myungsoo suggested to buy ice cream. Yuna sat down in a bench where a man in his 40’s was sitting. He was wearing casual clothing but you can immediately see that he was good looking on his younger days. I think he saw me staring so he smiled towards me and flashed his dimples, but then his stare went to my necklace.

 

“Your necklace..” He mumbles, “Miss, where did you get that?”

 

She smiles, “From the grandmother who sold her house to us.” He nods, “That makes me remember something from back then, but it’s impossible.”

 

She smiles, “I can tell that ahjussi is good looking when you were younger.”

 

He lets out a laugh, as he take something from his pockets and gives it to her. “That’s me back in 2012.”

 

A young man was in the photo, Ahjussi’s younger self. Yuna smiles as she gives it back, “Wah! Daebak. I’m Min Yuna!”

 

“I’m Zhang Yixing.” He smiles.