~Chapter 2~

Retaliation with a Rebel

 

"Please, please, please... God, why is this taking so long?" I mumbled to myself impatiently. I couldn't bear the eyes that were set on me and the constant whispers. Seriously, did these people not have anything else to do? Go join a book club or something. As long as their eyes were off of me and I wasn't the hot topic... Sure, well. I did make a huge scene with Kris first thing on a Monday morning. But could you blame me? He broke all ties with me on the day of our two year anniversary.

 

And finally the bell to signal the start of class rang. I stopped pacing outside my class, made a beeline to my seat, and just sunk in it. With apologetic smiles, I caught both Hana and Haemi making their way to grab the chairs closest to me.

 

"You are okay aren't you? I mean, any normal teen-aged girl with raging hormones..." She paused to look at me, "Well, they wouldn't be acting as calm as you." Haemi said.

 

"So I'm not normal?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

Hana laughed, "Now you've done it."

 

I looked to the front of the class, seeing Minki sauntering in. He turned to look at me and sent a wink and heart with his hands in my direction. That's my boy; that's my gay best friend. He grabbed the chair in front of my desk and turned it around to face us. "Jae. Babe. You're okay?" He questioned while pulling my hand closer to him. I couldn't say anything so I nodded and let out sigh while smiling. Biting my lip, I thought, 'Well, lying is seeming a lot easier today.'

 

 

...

 

 

I tuned out my English teacher droning on about some poem. I usually listened, but today I just didn't have the patience nor the interest. My mind kept going back to this morning; I replayed everything in my head over and over again: Finding a leech on Kris' face, his arms around her, his cold and meaningless apology... And what hurt most; the sincerity his eyes showed afterwards. I continued staring out the window, stuck in my own world, occasionally hearing the giggles and loud voices of students. I guess the teacher stopped class early today.

 

"OMGOMGOMG..." Hana clapped and squealed causing me to jump in my seat. Looking at Haemi I saw her roll her eyes, "Oh joy, he we go..." 

 

"Please, this plan is awesome... So, excited to hear it?!" Hana bounced up and down in her seat. Minki and Haemi exchanged nervous looks and dropped their gazes to their fumbling hands. "," was all I could say. Hana was great at academics, she was the perfect student. She had book smarts, but lacked street smarts. Like, when I say lack, I mean that she's the type of naive girl who would take an opened lollipop from a stranger in a dark alleyway. She had zero sense. Nada. And because we've all seen how her previous plans had turned out. Well, I could say that this one scared me before even hearing it. I was running a cold sweat as soon as she said plan.

 

"Make. Him. Jealous. He'll realize his stupidity and run back to you like a lost puppy. Then you grab him by the collar and show him off. Turn him down." Hana looked like she discovered the cure for cancer. Her eyes were twinkling and her face had victory written all over it.

 

I laid my head down on my desk. "And how on earth am I supposed to do that?" 

 

"Hello, date someone he hates!" She face palmed. 

 

"Stupid," Minki coughed. "Excuse me genius, I'm surprised you're not blonde, but no one hates Kris. He's the school's Mr. Perfect. Captain of the basketball team, popular, and an honour roll student? The only person that hates him is the Art Teacher. You've seen his drawings right? Chickens draw better with their feet than he does with his hands." 

 

"Oh..." I watched Hana shrink in her seat. 'Yeah, I'd wanna disappear too...' I thought and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. Despite her lack of common sense, she was still a great friend. 

 

"There is one..." Haemi murmured.

 

All of our heads snapped to her direction. 

 

"Kim Jongin."

 

 

...

 

 

My eyes widened hearing the name. Jongin; he wasn't the friendliest person in school. He was rude, arrogant, snide, and unbelievably attractive. He had the charms to get whatever he wanted. The school's bad boy. Full time student, also full time player. I didn't have much to do with Jongin, but I definitely knew that Kris loathed him.

 

Again, Hana was jumping up and down in her seat. "Commence the plan!" 

 

"Great." I hid my face in my hands and groaned.

 

 

...

 

 

Two endless periods passed by and it was finally time for lunch. Minki, Haemi, and Hana's heads were practically  glued together as they babbled on about the plan. I wanted to stay away from that. Poking my rice with my chopsticks, I was suddenly pulled into a side hug by none other than Minki.

 

"You're awfully quiet today. Where'd my sassy, oh-no-you-di'int, feisty firecracker go?" He chuckled as I sent a little mehrong in his direction. "It's just..."

 

"I don't think I can do this." My voice quaked. I admit, I was panicking and hella nervous.

 

"After what he did to you, he deserves it Jae."

 

With a nod and a quick smile forced on my face by Minki's fingers, I found a little confidence in myself. 

 

"Much better!" Minki beamed.

 

But of course, my smile was temporary. It faded as soon as my eyes landed on Kris walking through the cafeteria doors... With yet another girl. I looked around; again eyes were on me and the crowded cafeteria turned into nothing but whispers. The clacks of chopsticks weren't heard because no one was eating. I stood up, again feeling the burn of everyone's eyes. 

 

"I'll do it... The plan, I'll do it." I whispered to Hana and Haemi before leaving for my locker.

 

Kris Wu, game on. And this time, we're playing by my rules.

 

 

Boring chapter today. I HAVE A FINAL ESSAY DUE TOMORROW AND I HAVEN'T STARTED IT AND IT'S ALMOST 9PM AND I HAVE TO WAKE UP AT 6AM AND HERE I AM UPDATING. Wish me luck! Hehe, Comment, Vote, and Fan please! <3

 

- tickleherheart