~Chapter 1~

Retaliation with a Rebel

 

He slid his thumb across my cheekbone as he caresses my face. My eyes shut tight from the icy touch of his slender fingers. They were soft- his hands. And they comforted me. My eyes fluttered open to soak up his perfect features: golden coiffed hair and piercing sharp eyes.

 

At least that was what i was expecting to see. I pushed him away. "You aren't Kris!" I glared at him. He simply chuckled and walked back towards me. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plastered across his face. I sneered up at him with distaste, wanting to wrap my fingers around his neck and strangle that smirk off of him. He brushed my dark wavy hair from my face, his long, slender fingers tracing down to my chin and pulling my gaze up to meet his. I could see humour in his eyes, "You're right- I'm not Kris." He leaned in and whispered, "I'm much better..."

 

I tore myself awake from the dream. Goosebumps all over me and chills running down my spine. "Jongin..." The words slipped my mouth. I don't see why I even dreamt of him in the first place. Heck, I don't even talk the boy. I mean, who wants to anyways?

 

Breaking from my trance I looked at the time. ", , ! I'm late!" I tousled my hair in frustration and flew out of bed to land straight on the wooden floor. Jumping back up I ran straight to my closet to pull out, well really anything. Throwing on a sparkly skull printed t-shirt, i grabbed my black shorts and slipped them on while running down the stairs; just buttoning them as I reached the bottom. I put my black hat on and patted my pockets.

 

"Ugh! My phone!" I ran back upstairs and grabbed my phone, threw it in my bag, and ran out the door without bothering to grab a morsel of food or even brushing my teeth. Well, gum will do for now. I was late enough as it was. And that too for our 2 year anniversary.

 

"Oh god; mom and dad!" I my phone quickly called them to let them know about my whereabouts. As soon as it was on I was bombarded by text messages.

 

'Screw these, I gotta call my parents.' I thought.

 

Ring, ring, ring: “Umma!”

 

"Yes hun, I heard you cursing as you ran out the door. You'll be late! Make sure to run to school okay! And be home on time." I replied with a quick, "Ne umma." And continued on my way to school wondering how I, a regular student, managed to even catch the eye of the school's basketball team captain.

 

...

 

I skipped through the school's doors, excited to see Kris and his smile after the weekend. Another step, and BANG! Hana crashed into me; her eyes wide. She pulled me into a hug and dragged me in the opposite direction of my locker.

 

"Yah! Choi Hana! Let- let me go!" I managed to squeak out.

 

"Wait! I have to print something at the library before class. Come with me!" She seemed off. Her voice was an octave higher than usual.

 

"Okay~" I dragged the end of it. "But after I see Kris!" I slipped my hand from her grip and turned the opposite way to head to my locker when out of no where, Haemi latched on to my arm and tugged me, once again, towards the library.

 

'You're kidding me...'

 

"I don't think so. Hana, Haemi's here now. Go with her!" And I rushed around the corner to head to my locker. I really missed Kris. I wasn't able to contact him the whole weekend because I was stuck writing a damn essay for English.

 

"Wait! Jae! Hold up!" I could here them hollering from behind me. I stopped dead in my tracks, a few meters away from my locker.

 

"Sorry Jae..." Hana whispered from behind me when the two caught up.

 

I swear, time itself stopped. I'm sure I heard my heart shatter into a billion tiny shards, too damaged to repair. There he was, Kris, my boyfriend, locking lips with some other girl. His hands gripping her waist while she looked like a leech on his face.

 

All I could do was gape at the sight.

 

"Come on Jaehi, you don't need a douche like him." Haemi quietly said, trying to get me to move. I moved her hand off my shoulder and took a few steps towards Kris. Of course, he was too busy to notice me... He's probably thinking of how he can get in her pants. I glanced at the girl. Pfft, she's doing the same. This was a beautiful scene; note the sarcasm.

 

"Kris..." My voice cracked. He pulled away from the gumiho-like girl and turned his head in annoyance. He saw my face, and his face flushed.

 

"Hey, uhm... Jae. How--why? Uh, did you read your messages at all?" Kris asked awkwardly. I was picturing myself strangling him. Again, a beautiful scene, no?

 

Gritting my teeth I answered him, "No..." I glared at the girl. She was a bit taller than me. Nice body. Bigger s. Obviously daddy gave her the perfect birthday gift. She looked plastic as fu-

 

"We're done Jae... Sorry." His apology was lacking sincerity. My airway tightened up and tears threatened to make their way down my face. But no, I refuse to let him see me cry.

 

"Clearly." I simply stated in a mono-toned way. Again I glared at the fox that was hooked onto him, then back to my not-so-sweet-after-all boyfriend.

 

"So, no hard feelings right?" Kris let go of his grip around her waist and shoved his hand in front of me.

 

I scoffed and looked away, "It's our two year anniversary."

 

Silence filled the halls as I looked back to his hand, then to his face. I could see a sea of confusion, then realization, then remorse wash over his face in a ten second time frame.

 

"Oh ... Jae, I really didn't know. I mean; I-I just. I didn't mean to..." He shuffled closer to me. My response was jumping back. I didn't want him anywhere near me. He disgusts me. And that was that. I let out a laugh which seemed to surprise him. "No, no, no!" I sniffled and took a deep breath, "Come on hun! It's totally fine!" I think he's smart enough to catch the sarcasm in my voice. "Happy two years babe... Best. Present. Ever." I growled the last bit and turned to storm away.

 

But no, he grabbed my wrist pulling me back to face him. "Jae! Trust me you don't understa-"

 

I cut him off, "KRIS. Save it for someone who gives a --." Yanking my arms from his hand, I turned around and walked away.

 

"Jaehi!" Kris called.

 

I swear everyone's eyes were on us; especially me. "Oh! And have fun getting STDs together!" I shouted without looking back. And with that, I walked away from the only guy who I had ever really opened up to. The one who made me laugh, brought me happiness, and in the end made me cry. I never wanted to see him again.

 

Kris Wu, I hate you.

 

Hey guys! So hope you liked the first chapter! Yeah, things heated up pretty quickly XD So, I turned out uploading a little earlier. I have two finals left, but I couldn't stay away from uploading hehehe. I'll say what every author says... COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE! Especially comments! I'd like to know what my readers are thinking. Feel free to critisize. I want to improve my writing and give you a great experience reading! So, I'm not going to put up a picture of Jaehi or any of the characters that will follow because I don't want to limit your imaginations. Feel free to imagine them as you like! Of course I'm going to give some descriptions, but I hope you can create your own character in mind. A thing I hate is when authors put up a picture of their characters. If it's someone everyone knows (EX: Kris or Kai) why not? But I don't want to use an idol or ulzzang picture. Let your imaginations run wild! :D LOL I'll update as soon as I can! AND AGAIN! PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! Thanks <3

 

- tickleherheart