~Chapter 9~

Retaliation with a Rebel

I watched his back as he left me standing there in embarrassment. Great, my parents and Jaemin disappeared and Jongin walked away to who knows where. I looked at his house. It was nice and cozy; warm toned walls with a wooden floor. The living room on my left gave a nice ambiance. I looked at the plasma screen TV hanging on the wall and watched a variety show playing.

Further ahead a staircase caught my eye and curiosity took over me. I ventured up it with my hand on the railing. Stopping in front of each picture that hung of the wall I gazed again to make sure no one saw me. One picture, in particular, gained my interest. I leaned in to examine it. There was a little girl, maybe five years of age, and a smiling Jongin. He held the little girl's hand and was sincerely smiling; a smile I've never seen before. I continued up the stairs and the pictures looked more recent. In every frame, Jongin started to get taller, older, and more attractive. After the fourth picture I noticed that the little girl wasn't there anymore, and that Jongin wasn't smiling. I stared at the picture for five minutes trying to figure it out. His eyes, they showed regret. He was standing with a bunch of middle aged people: them smiling and him being distant from them.

The photo sent chills up my spine. I moved up one more step and noticed I was on the second floor of the house. I walked past several doors not knowing where I was going. One of the doors just pulled me in. I knocked on it... No answer. Bravely turning the knob I opened the door and stepped in.

The room was a darker colour. In the corner was a bed with skinny jeans and hoodies thrown over it. Judging by the poster covered walls, it must have been Jongin's room. I walked further into the room and looked outside the window. 'Yup, definitely Jongin's room...' I looked at my closed curtains. Suddenly a thought hit me: I was in Jongin's room. A smile tugged at my lips.

He barely told me anything about himself. It was my chance to fond out. I headed to his closet and studied his dark choice of clothing. Looked at some loose papers on his study desk. 'Wow, he can draw.' I picked one up. It was of a little girl and a wide and open landscape. Placing it back down I sighed. Nothing too interesting. Nothing I can use against him. I plopped down on his bed and a sharp object jabbed my back. Blindly running my hands around his bed I grabbed the corner and lifted what poked me.

It was a small black book being held together with a band. Loose papers were sticking out from it from all angles. I slowly removed the band, my heart beating faster, and opened the cover. As soon as I opened the cover the door slammed sending papers flying everywhere.

At the entrance, an angry Jongin stood there with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. "This isn't the bathroom is it?" I said foolishly hoping to get rid of his anger slightly. But no, he found it the least bit amusing especially after seeing his book in my hand. He jumped towards me and snatched his belonging from my hand, closed it and looked at me. "What are you doing here?" I stuttered, "I-I got lost?" I avoided eye contact. "Whatever. Just get out. NOW!" He growled.

I bolted out of the bedroom and headed straight for the living room. I had never seen Jongin so angry before and I was determined to find out why. I had a hunch that it was about the piece of paper that was crammed into my tiny clutch. I snuck it into my handbag when he wasn't looking and thankfully I wasn't caught. I needed to find out.

. . .

 

Out of everyone I was seated next to Jongin. Opposite of us were my parents and Jaemin while Jongin's parents sat at the head. Dinner was delicious. I don't know how many side dishes there were. I sat there stuffing my face with rice and whatever I could grab first while my parents carried out a fluid conversation with the other two adults.

They seemed to get along well, my parents and Jongin's. I sat there shoving more food into my mouth most likely looking like a savage. My mother glared daggers at me. Her eyes were practically yelling at me to chew with my mouth closed. BUT THE FOOD WAS SO GOOD.

I ignored her and continued to eat when I felt something warm touch my thigh. I jumped in surprise and luckily no one saw me. I leaned back and saw a hand on it, tracing up the arm, it belonged to Jongin.

His thumb started drawing little circles and I swatted his hand away in disgust. I could see him smirking from the corner of my eye. "So Jongin, how do you know Jae?" My father asked.

I choked on the rice in my mouth and downed my entire glass of water. In the mean time Jongin smiled and managed to snake his arm around my shouler. "We're dating." He simply stated.

I watched in horror as my parents' mouths dropped to the floor and heard Minnie start giggling. I was too afraid to see Jongin's parents' reaction. In the state I was, I noticed my phone vibrating in my purse and grabbed it.

Not even looking at the screen I timidly pushed out my chair and excused myself from the table. "Sorry, I've got to take this." My mind was screaming, 'I am going to strangle Kim Jongin' while I walked to the deck.

Bringing the phone to my ear, "Hello?" I spoke into it.

"Jaehi, it's Kris."

My heart beat quickened at the sound of his voice.

"Kris? Why did you call?" I asked.

"Jae I'm in trouble. I knew everyone would be out partying. So I called you."

"Gee. Thanks. Call me when you need something from me huh? And thanks for saying I don't get out much..." I snapped.

No answer.

"What's wrong?" I sighed and caved.

"My car won't start. And I'm stuck in God knows where. And Jae, I really need to talk to you."

I didn't know what to say. 'He needs to talk? To me?'

"Let me guess. You want me to pick you up?"

"Please?" I could sense his pout through the phone.

"I'll trace your call. Don't do anything stupid until I get there." I grumbled.

"You're the best Jae." I heard him say before hanging up.

I left the deck and headed into the dining room. "Sorry, but I have to go. One of my friends are in trouble. Dinner was amazing, it was really nice meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Kim." I quickly said before leaving the house.

"Jaehi! Jaehi!" I heard my name being called as I headed towards the car.

"What?" I said as I whirled around.

Jongin stood intently looking down at me. His expression was filled with concern. "Who's in trouble?" He questioned in a worried voice. His face dropped as soon as I mumbled his name: "Kris."

 

I'VE RETURNED WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER! Please ignore any spelling/grammar mistakes hehe. I should have gone over it again XD but I'm too lazy... Anyways. Hope you liked it!

AND OMFG 3 WINS IN A ROW!!! I'm so proud of our little wolves :'D Let's go for a fourth huh guys?! WE CAN DO IT!!!

 

- tickleherheart