Chapter 9 - The missing piece of the puzzle

Tell me, Is This Love? (내게 말해줘 이게 사랑이라면)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Kai got home, he decided to eat the Kimchi spaghetti that Kyungsoo had given him. When he opened the lid, the delicious aroma suddenly filled the room. His mouth watered. He took the chopsticks and ate. First chew, Yum. Second, the best. Third, cannot-put-the–chopsticks-down.

This was the most delicious kimchi spaghetti that he had ever tasted. He finished it but he was still craving for more. He was not even hungry, it was just simply delicious.

He went towards the sink to wash the bento box when something fell from it. It was a sticky note that was posted under the bento box. It read, “I hope you will like it, Kyungsoo :)”

 

----------

 

Baekhyun was about to enter his office but Chanyeol was outside his door.

“I’ve… I’ve been waiting for you. I wanted to wait for you inside but I thought that it would be rude so I just stood here…” Chanyeol began with pleading in his eyes.

Chen and Xiumin saw him and giggled, Chanyeol looked at them but ignored them, “I am sorry about last night. I was numb too… I’m sorry…” Chanyeol continued.

Baekhyun looked around the room, “Let’s talk inside.” He said as he opened the door. Chanyeol followed from behind and closed it.

“You see I’m sorry for what happened yesterday… I wasn’t…” Chanyeol continued to plead but Baekhyun cut him.

“Alright, I forgive you.” Baekhyun said as he sat down on his spinning chair.

Chanyeol walked forward, “Really? I’m sorry again.”

“I said I forgive you.” Baekhyun repeated and Chanyeol grinned widely.

Chanyeol then sat on the chair. “Why are you still here?” Baekhyun asked.

“We are partners right?” Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun sighed, “Unfortunately, yes.”

“Then can you tell me about your past love? I mean…” Chanyeol asked but he could not find the right words to say.

Baekhyun was surprised, he eyed Chanyeol suspiciously but he did not talk.

“I mean… alright, nevermind.” Chanyeol gave up and stood.

“I… I had a boyfriend…” Baekhyun began. Chanyeol turned back and sat. “He is a super hot model. He is loved by everybody to be honest. I thought everything was perfect with him. I mean, nothing was wrong between us. We used to do the craziest stuff together. Walked a hundred miles together. Talked about nonsense things, you know, just to talk with him. I thought we shared a lot of things in common until one day, Luhan, well, he was the only one who knew about us since he was the secretary so he saw us one day. We tried to hide our relationship but well, Luhan caught us. We became best friends ever since. We were on the middle of our relationship when Luhan told me everything that he noticed about you know, my boyfriend. He was younger than I, you see. Luhan was clubbing one day and he saw him, flirting with a lot of girls and boys alike. He also noticed that Kai used to curse me from behind. You know, my boyfriend and I even fought in the public and people were like watching us! It was embarrassing. I wanted to die that day. But of course, as blindly in love as I was, I did not listen to Luhan. After that, Luhan ignored me. The others noticed it but well we just told them that we were damned busy with everything. He did ignore me for the whole goddamn months of my relationship with that man. We broke up in the day before our anniversary. He broke up with me because, he was tired of me. I did not know what he meant but well, the next day he already had a new one. I ran to Luhan because he was the only one that I could run to. After that Luhan and I resumed our friendship and he taught me how to ‘move on’ which was the article that I wrote that was recognized worldwide. To be honest, I taught him to flirt with Sehun. It was funny. It’s been 3 years. And you see, Luhan and Sehun are still together though I am not even sure if they are official or if only Luhan thought that way but you see, I know Sehun feel the same. As far as I see it. Their hot and cold relationship was perfect. They may not be as fairytale like Lay’s or as sweet like Chen’s and Xiumin’s or as almost perfect like mine, there is something in that relationship that I am looking forward to. Well, I met him one day, my ex-boyfriend in the coffee shop and I saw him with a new one. Well the one that I saw that day wasn’t the one he had changed from me. He was different and I think they look good together. But you see, I am still angry at him though 3 years had already passed. Because of that anger, my heart had been closed for love and pain and now that I need to write one about it, I couldn’t remember the feeling anymore.” Baekhyun finished his story. Chanyeol thought that Baekhyun was crying but well maybe the anger in his heart was enough for him to not cry anymore. Chanyeol sighed cause Baekhyun’s confession was too much for him. Now he understood Baekhyun. Now he was looking forward to open his heart again for the possibilities of a new love.

“I’m sorry If I reminded you of your past…” Chanyeol mumbled.

Baekhyun smiled, “To be honest, it’s nothing for me already. It was like telling a fairytale without a happy ending.”

Chanyeol was impressed, Baekhyun grew to be a strong man. Who would think that someone as loud, as grumpy, and as strong as Baekhyun had that kind of past?

Chanyeol smiled back to him and stood up, “Thank you… thank you for telling me. It made me understand you more.”

“Well, you are the second one now who knew about it. I did not know why I tell you about it but I think, I trusted you with it.” Baekhyun ended.

Chanyeol smiled and nodded a little before exiting the room, “Trust…” he thought, “That was a big word…”

 

----------

 

Kai drove towards Baekhyun’s apartment. He went there not for Baekhyun because he knew that Baekhyun was in the office. Besides, Baekhyun wasn’t really his intention. He went there to give back the bento box. Good thing that his memory was clear. After 3 years, he could still remember where Baekhyun’s place is. He knocked at his apartment door and Kyungsoo opened it.

“You are early…” Kyungsoo said as he opened the door but he was surprised to see that it was not his cousin.

“Kai-ssi?” Kyungsoo asked. He wanted to slam the door shut on his face but he couldn’t.

“I’m here to bring this back, Kyungsoo…” Kai replied as he showed the bento box to him.

Kyungsoo was surprised, “How… how did you know my name?” He asked stuttering.

Kai showed him the sticky note and Kyungsoo just ‘Ooh’-ed.

“Well, I like it. It was the best. Now I know why Baekhyun likes it too much.” He smiled.

“Are you close with my cousin?” Kyungsoo asked curiously.

“Well, we were more than close. We used to be.” Kai sighed with the memory.

It was an awkward talk, Kyungsoo did not know what to say next so he opened the door widely and he let Kai enter. Well though Baekhyun and him dated he never had been to his house so it was his first time.

“My cousin never talked about you…” Kyungsoo began.

“I understand him…” Kai smiled.

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes, it had been fishy. “So, yeah, what brings you here? You just went here to give back the bento box right?” he asked.

“Actually…” Kai moved closer to him, “Can you cook more kimchi spaghetti for me?” He pleaded with puppy eyes.

Kyungsoo blurted a laugh, “I see… well, alright. I will teach you too if you like.”

Kai’s eyes glittered, “Really?”

And they proceeded to the kitchen. Kyungsoo arranged and fixed the ingredients while Kai watched enthusiastically. Kyungsoo went to wear his apron and he gave the other one to Kai. “Wear this.” He said then Kai did what he was told.

Kyungsoo began to heat the pan. He let Kai do the cooking while he instructed what to do. “You put the onions and garlic first…” He said and Kai did it.

Kyungsoo continued to instruct Kai of what to do, he seldom hum while waiting for the ingredients to be cooked before adding the other ingredients and Kai smiled with the sound of Kyungsoo’s voice. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are cousins, no doubt, for they both have this beautiful and mesmerizing voice.

“Can you sing for me?” Kai asked as he mixed the sauce.

“What?” Kyungsoo was surprised.

“Sing for me, and I will dance while you sing, you see, we are still waiting for this to be cooked so what about some dose of entertainment.” Kai smiled sweetly that again Kyungsoo had this feeling of melting again.

Before Kyungsoo sang, Kai already made a turn and danced without the music. “Music please…” Kai demanded and Kyungsoo began to sing “Sorry, sorry” by Super Junior.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry...

Nehgae nehgae nehgae bbajuh bbajuh bbajuh bbajuh baby

Shawty Shawty Shawty Shawty

Noonee booshuh booshuh booshuh

Soomee makhyuh makhyuh makhyuh

Naega micheo micheo baby

Na na na na na na na na na….”

Kai danced the sorry sorry dance while Kyungsoo laughed as he sang.

“Don’t just stand there!” Kai said while his feet moved on its own, “Dance with me!” He said then he pulled Kyungsoo closer to him then they both danced while singi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter