Chapter 3 - We can't be Partners!!!!

Tell me, Is This Love? (내게 말해줘 이게 사랑이라면)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was in a hurry when he entered the SM building. As usual, he had overslept again. He might be a very good article writer but he was never responsible. He was also clumsy indeed. No wonder he had never experienced love before. He entered the elevator in a rush. As usual, he was alone so he fixed himself on the side mirrors while waiting for the elevator reached its destination.

‘Ting!’ The elevator had arrived at the 4th floor. The door opened and he walked out but again, he almost bumped somebody. Good thing he avoided him.

“It’s you again! If you please, can you not bother me every morning!” He scolded the tall man in a cap and nerdy glasses that were bigger than his face and in an oversized sweatshirt. Now he was wearing navy blue. Baekhyun thinks that it was the tall’s man signature fashion. “Good thing I avoided you. Next time…” Baekhyun sighed, “Ugh… God please!” He then walked cooly, like a model, leaving the tall man behind. The tall man in return, mocked him and rolled his eyes as he entered the elevator.

When Baekhyun reached their office, he spotted that Tao was not in his cubicle.

“Where’s the panda?” Baekhyun asked.

“Oh, I think he’s with the new kid.” Xiumin answered while eating a bun.

“New kid? Who’s new kid?” Baekhyun asked in curiosity.

“The new event organizer. Yeah, he is the same with Tao, organizing stuffs and blah blah.” Chen answered as he walked towards Xiumin. He then took a bite at Xiumin’s bun. “Yum…” he mumbled.

“Oh, A new kid huh? I can’t wait to meet the kid? Have you met the kid already?”

“No.” Lay, Xiumin, and Chen answered in chorus. Sehun on his cubicle, was not paying attention to them, well he was busy enough playing Dragon Nest. Luhan was not in the group for Soo Man asked him for some documents.

“Hmm… I wonder what the kid look like. Is he gay like you three?” Baekhyun laughed but was interrupted by the three.

“Or is he manly like you?” The three said in chorus. They all coughed and laughed.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and mumbled, “Oh shut up…” he sighed, “Why are you three not working? I am your chief here editors! So get back to work.” He said as he headed to his office.

“By the way chief?” Lay called before Baekhyun entered his office, Baekhyun looked at him, “How’s your lovey-dovey article going?” He asked then he laughed. Xiumin and Chen laughed with him.

“I said shut up Yixing!” Baekhyun said for the last time before entering his office. He stepped inside and closed the door.

 

----------

 

Baekhyun was staring blankly on his laptop as he waited for some ideas to come out from his poor brain for this new article that he should be doing but unfortunately, almost an hour already passed and the Microsoft word was still on its blank state. He pulled his hair in frustration. Dang! How was he supposed to write such kind of article!

He pulled it harder until he felt awake. “Ugh! I cannot do this! I just cannot!” he admitted to himself like a defeated athlete. He turned his chair round and round until he felt dizziness all over his head. He was doing that when someone knocked at his door.

“Come in!” He called without having the urge to stop from spinning. But he just forgot that he locked the door to avoid disturbances.

“It’s lock.” Replied the unfamiliar voice from behind the door.

Baekhyun stopped spinning when he heard the voice, “Hmmm… sounds new to me, is that the new kid?” He told himself. He then sighed and stood up from his chair to open the door but as he did so, he felt the world spinning. Well, he just spun himself big time in his spinning office chair, what did he expect? Like a drunken man, he walked towards the door and opened it but by the moment he opened it, the tall man in a cap, in a huge nerdy glass and oversized navy blue sweatshirt who bothers him every morning greeted him. He was so surprised that he took a step back but well, in his condition, he almost fell, good thing the tall man caught him and now they were like positioning for a rumba dance.

“You?” Baekhyun whispered like a drunken man.

“Uhmm… you?” The tall man echoed.

When Baekhyun noticed their position he quickly broke free from the tall man’s arms and straightened himself.

“What are you, a messenger, doing here?” Baekhyun asked as he cleared his throat cooly.

“What? A messenger? Who said I’m a messenger?” He asked like he was just insulted.

“Well, aren’t you?” Baekhyun asked as he rolled his eyes.

“Wha?” the tall man continued to protest but was interrupted by Tao from behind.

“So you two meet already…” Tao began.

“Well, yeah…” Baekhyun answered uninterestingly.

The tall man on the other hand just blew his bangs away from his face.

“Well, so I assume you know each other. No need for further introductions, yeah?” Tao asked as he put his hand on the tall man’s shoulder.

“No.” Baekhyun and the tall man answered in chorus. Though Baekhyun remained his composure as he crossed his arms and the tall man, well just standing there.

“Oh… I thought so. Well this…” Tao said as he put his other arm on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Is Park Chanyeol, the new event organizer.” He introduced.

“He? The New Event Organizer?” Baekhyun asked in disbelief.

“Well, yeah, why? Is there any problem?” Tao asked.

“Well, just look at him! He looks more like a messenger than an organizer, see?” Baekhyun said in disgust.

“How dare you!” Chanyeol mumbled but Tao patted him a friendly pat.

“Well, you should get used to him Mr. Editor-In-Chief… you’ll be seeing this cute face everyday.” Tao said as he smiled friendly at Chanyeol and Chanyeol smiled back at him. “And besides, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter