Chapter 6 - I don't love you, I just like you, right?

Tell me, Is This Love? (내게 말해줘 이게 사랑이라면)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun went to the office the next morning with large eye bags. He spent his night thinking about his article, in the end, he still hadn’t started a thing.

“Ayo… what happened to you?” Lay said in disgust when he saw Baekhyun’s haggard appearance. For the first time in his life, he had seen Baekhyun not being conscious about himself.

“Lay…” Baekhyun began exhaustedly.

“Ye… yeah?” Lay said as if he wanted to avoid Baekhyun because of what he had looked like.

“What is love?” Baekhyun asked at last.

Lay’s eyes widened, “Don’t tell me, you haven’t started that? Man! The clock is ticking! You only have 2 weeks! 2 weeks to write that article Baekhyun!”

“Man! It’s hard you know…” Baekhyun wanted to cry.

Lay sighed but when he looked at the glass door of the office his heart began to jump excitedly.

“Love…” Lay started as he stared at the glass window. Baekhyun stared at Lay expectantly. He followed Lay’s gazed and he found out that he was indeed looking at Suho who was talking with Lee Soo Man behind the glass door.

“Baekhyun…” Lay continued.

“Hmmm…” Baekhyun nodded as a reply.

“Love is… when he makes a day feel like a minute. When you’re with him, it’s as if you are the protagonist in a romantic movie. When you see him, it feels like you are filming an action movie. It's like you are running to him and you begin to feel like a hero…” Lay added.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened “Your words sounds like poetry Lay… tell me, is that love?”

“Oh yes, yes, definitely…” Lay answered without looking at Baekhyun. He fixed his stare at Suho. When Suho noticed him, he winked at him and then he walked away with Lee Soo Man.

Lay faced Baekhyun when Suho was nowhere in his sight. “Baekhyun~a…” he then held Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“You know what, Suho is perfect to me. I can imagine it. What would it be like if we are together?”

Baekhyun froze for a moment and shrugged his shoulders as a sign that he did not know.

Lay let go of Baekhyun in disappointment.

“I’ll be going then…” Baekhyun excused himself and walked towards his office. But when he faced Lay away, he almost bumped well, you know who, Chanyeol.

“Ya!! How many times did I already tell you to stop bumping into me!” Baekhyun exclaimed in gritted teeth.

Chanyeol ignored what Baekhyun just said, instead, he noticed what Baekhyun looked like, “Hey! Did you just become a zombie or what?” he asked.

Baekhyun breathed deeply, “Yaa!!!” and he started going to his office.

Chanyeol was confused, he faced Lay and asked, “What happened to him?”

Lay shrugged his shoulders and walked away as well, leaving Chanyeol behind.

Chanyeol sighed until he felt someone touched his shoulders. It was Tao.

“Hey!” Chanyeol gasped in surprised.

“Did I surprise you?” Tao asked.

“Not really… so how are you?” Chanyeol asked.

“Uhmm… fine I guess, I don’t want to think about it anymore.” Tao forced a smile but Chanyeol could still see the pain in his eyes.

“You know panda… there’s a lot of pandas like you in the mountains.” Chanyeol replied as he gave Tao a friendly tap on the shoulder.

“But… pandas don’t live in mountains, I thought.” Tao answered as a matter-of-factly.

Chanyeol faced him with wide eyes, “They don’t?”

Tao replied with a shook of his head.

“Oh well…” Chanyeol patted Tao again, “Nevermind what I just said.” And he started walking.

 

Baekhyun was back on his office. He was back to his own hell again, thinking and rethinking about his article. Baekhyun tapped his table for his phone for it became a habit of his to check his phone every time he sat on his spinning chair. But panicked rose to him when he couldn’t feel his phone. He searched his table, his drawers, his bag but he couldn’t see a sign of his phone. He started to panic. Just like what he felt when Chanyeol accidentally threw his bag where he thought he had put his phone inside.

“My phone, where is my phone, where did I last put it…” Baekhyun asked himself. He stood up and walked in circles, “Byun Baekhyun, calm down… think… you have to think! Where is your phone damnit!” He almost yelled in anxiety but he forced to lower his voice. He was like that when somebody knocked on his door.

“WHO IS IT?!” Baekhyun asked in annoyance.

The person opened his door revealing Baekhyun’s phone on his hand.

“Kyungsoo~a!!” Baekhyun smiled of relief when he saw his phone on Kyungsoo’s hand.

Kyungsoo entered his office. “You left your phone and I thought that you might panic when you couldn’t see it and I gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter