Chapter 7 - Live High

Tell me, Is This Love? (내게 말해줘 이게 사랑이라면)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, how is the article going, boss?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun in a sarcastic way, well because he was sure that Baekhyun hadn’t written a thing.

“So you see, I started it yesterday…” Baekhyun began.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened in surprised, “You’ve… written a word at last?”

“Well, I am the best article writer didn’t you remember?” Baekhyun was proud.

Chanyeol walked behind Baekhyun’s chair and read what Baekhyun had done.

“Love… what is love? To be honest, it is a feeling that no one can explain. We can have different views on it based on our own experiences.

Does it feel like a day felt like a minute when you are with the one you love?

Do you ever feel that when you are with him, you’re like a star in a movie?

Do you ever feel like filming an action scene together with the love of your life and becoming like a hero?”

Chanyeol read… those were the only sentences written on the blank page of the word document.

“That’s it?” He asked in disappointment.

“What? At least I’d already started it!” Baekhyun demanded.

“Well, yeah I guess… but well it sounded like a poetry. How did you even come up with this?”

“You know, sometimes you need to ask people who are in love.”

“Did you ask Luhan?”

“Actually, it’s Lay’s words we got here.”

“Oh… well I’ll ask you, did you ever feel the things you’ve written there?”

Baekhyun smiled widely and pouted a “No.”

Chanyeol slapped his forehead, “What? How will you finish this if you’ve never felt those things before? How would you convince the readers about what love really is?”

“Park Chanyeol… are you even a writer?” it was Baekhyun’s turn to asked Chanyeol.

“Well… I’m not…” Chanyeol replied.

“Then don’t speak as if you’re an expert than I am.” Baekhyun spoke highly of himself.

“Byun Baekhyun… are you a writer?” Chanyeol asked the same question Baekhyun had asked him.

Baekhyun laughed at how silly Chanyeol’s question was, “What kind of question is that Chanyeol, of course I am. My articles are known worldwide and…”

“But why can’t you finish a single article that only talks about a simple word called ‘Love’?” Chanyeol asked before Baekhyun finished his statement.

“I… I… because I don’t know what love is?!” Baekhyun replied in anxiety. Why was he even felt nervous in answering that, was it because he felt embarrassed that he didn’t know that simple word?

Chanyeol leaned closer to Baekhyun “Have you ever fallen in love before, Byun Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped, he did not know the answer, or better, he did not want to answer, “Would you… would you… move away from me!” He said as he pushed Chanyeol away. His face was all red.

“What?” Chanyeol asked in annoyance cause he almost fell at Baekhyun’s push.

Baekhyun stood up and pointed at Chanyeol, “I’ll ask you Park Chanyeol! Did you ever fall in love before?”

With that, the room was filled with silence, Chanyeol did not answer for a moment but at last he talked, “To be honest, no. I did not. And I too, don’t know what love is.”

Baekhyun was surprised. He thought Chanyeol knew everything about love, well because he talked highly of himself as if he knew it.

“But… why…” Baekhyun wanted to ask Chanyeol something but he could not find the words.

“Because I am not like you Byun Baekhyun. I am not closing my heart to love. And you, you are all cocky when it comes to that. You are… you are closing your heart.”

“How did you say so?” Baekhyun asked in curiosity.

“Because… because… you are so grumpy.” Chanyeol replied in a whisper.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY PARK CHANYEOL!!!” Baekhyun’s voice was heard in the entire office.

 

“Godzilla...” Chen mumbled and rolled his eyes when he heard Baekhyun’s loud voice and as he pinched Xiumin’s cheeky cheeks, “You are so cheeky…” he told Xiumin.

“Yeah, that’s why you fancy me yeah?” Xiumin smiled back as he also pinched Chen’s cheeks but he pinched it way harder than Chen. “Awww… Baozi…”

“Sorry Chenzi…” Xiumin smiled cheekily and Chen continued pressing his hands to his cheeks.

“Yaaaa!!!!” Lay screamed when he passed the two flirting.

“What?” Chen and Xiumin said in chorus.

“Ants… you are so sweet that ants had been everywhere!” Lay rolled his eyes as he scratched his arms.

“Hmpf! Mehrong! Jealous!” Chen teased.

“I’m not!” Lay mehronged back as he walked towards his cubicle.

“I love you Chenzi…” Xiumin said as he did beautiful eyes to Chen.

“I love you too Baozi…” Chen replied and he kissed Xiumin’s lips playfully.

 

----------

 

“So tell me… why are we here in the park again?” Baekhyun asked as he went out of his car.

Chanyeol was outside the car stretching his arms. “I have this weird idea but I doubt you’ll agree to it.”

“Well, what is it?” Baekhyun demanded.

“Let’s pretend.” Chanyeol faced Baekhyun.

“Pretend? What do you mean pretend?” Baekhyun asked in shock.

“You and me, lovers you know. Well we’ll just pretend anyway.” Chanyeol said cooly.

“What?! No! That won’t happen! That will never ever happen!” Baekhyun complained as he moved back away from Chanyeol.

“I told you, I doubt you’ll agree…” Chanyeol replied simply.

“Well! I won’t agree! You and me, lovers? Are you kidding! Well if you do, that’s the lamest joke I’ve ever heard!”

“Come on, it’s not as if I’m gonna eat you!”

“Well, I rather be eaten by a monster than to be your lover, get it?”

“Whatever.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. He then walked away leaving Baekhyun behind.

“Hey! Park Chanyeol! Where do you think you’re going! Come back here!” He called after Chanyeol but Chanyeol only gave him a wave as he continued to walk away.

“Park Chanyeol!! Wait for me!!” Baekhyun run towards him and when he reached him, he walked beside him.

“Why are you following me?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun without looking at him.

“Well, I… What are we even doing? I mean! We are here to discover what love is right?” Baekhyun replied.

“Well, it seems like you doesn’t want so I’ll be outta here…” Chanyeol paced but Baekhyun ran towards him.

“But… it’s impossible! I mean I cannot agree to that!”

“And why is that so?”

“Because… you are not my type!”

“Well, I see, then it’s impossible then.” Chanyeol walked faster but Baekhyun held his arms.

“Wait!” he stopped Chanyeol and he did stop. “Alright!! But we will stop this when we are at the office, understand?”

“Well unless you want it to continue till then.” Chanyeol smirked mischievously.

“Of course not! Maybe you!”

Chanyeol scrutinized him by head to foot and declared, “Uhmm… don’t be assuming.”

“Hey! You are insulting me!” Baekhyun complained.

Chanyeol shook his head no, “uh-oh.”

“What?!” Baekhyun exclaimed, and with that Chanyeol ran away.

“Yaa!! Park Chanyeol! Come back here!” Baekhyun called but Chanyeol was running faster away from him.

“NO! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!” Chanyeol yelled from far behind and Baekhyun did run to follow him.

“Come here!” Chanyeol said as he shook his hands for Baekhyun to see.

Baekhyun took off his shoes, and held it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter