Chapter 1 - Bad Romance

Tell me, Is This Love? (내게 말해줘 이게 사랑이라면)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I want to congratulate our editor-in-chief for another successful issue of our magazine. We must be all very proud of him.” Lay introduced as he clapped his hands formally as for congratulating Baekhyun, the editor-in-chief, for another job well done. Not only their SM magazine a huge hit in the country but Baekhyun’s article was also recognized worldwide. His new article about “moving-on” hits the headlines in the World Wide Web and now a lot of big magazine names were contacting the SM magazine for a partnership and it were all because of their very own Baekhyun.

Everyone cheered when Baekhyun was introduced. He stood up from his seat and clapped with the rest of his co-workers. “Thank you, thank you my dearest friends for that enthusiastic reaction from all of you, especially to our Lay here,” then he turned to Lay and Lay gave him a smile, “for introducing me. I am very glad to be a part of this magazine. All our hard work paid off! Congratulations to all of us!” And Baekhyun leaded the clapping. The rest cheered as well, “Because of that, I will treat you all! Let’s go parteh!!!” And with that Baekhyun climbed his chair and danced in the silliest way he could and the rest danced with him. It was now a riot in the office.

 

----------

 

They went to the nearest bar in the building and dozed themselves off. They went on partying and rocking like a party animal that were just freed from the jungle.

“Let’s be drunk and let’s go party! My treat!” Baekhyun yelled within the noise.

“Yeah! Let’s get this parteh started!” Chen agreed with Baekhyun.

“That’s what I like about you chenzi!” Baekhyun laughed and he gave Chen a high five, “So! Go! Go! Go!!!!”

And with that, Baekhyun and the rest went to the dance floor and danced like crazy animals. Chen and Xiumin danced lovey-dovey and so were Lay and Suho. That couples were inseparable. Baekhyun then cleared his thoughts about the lovey-dovey couples and danced. His eyes then caught Luhan clinging to Sehun while Sehun on the other hand was brushing Luhan’s arms on his. He laughed at the sight of the two. Luhan is madly in love with Sehun and Baekhyun could see that Sehun feels the same way too. He just didn’t know why Sehun acted that way around Luhan. Maybe because he wasn’t used to that thing? Or maybe because he was controlling his emotions? Either way, Baekhyun had no idea, so he then shook the thoughts away and continued dancing. In the middle of the dance, he went to the bar and ordered kamikaze. Yeah, he drinks a lot and he doesn’t mind whatever drink he would be drinking so upon the bartender’s request he agreed on kamikaze. He gulped it in one drinking. And he ordered for another, and another, and another until he already felt the world shaking. Lay then went on his side leaving Suho on the dance floor.

“Hey, what are you doing there, Mr. Editor-in Chief? You are missing all the fun! Come on, let’s dance.” Lay said as he pulled Baekhyun from his seat.

“Alright… alright… Let’s dance! Gotta be okay… dadaduru just dance, spin that record babe! Dadaduru just dance!!!” Baekhyun sang as he held Lay’s arm for support as he walk towards the dance floor singing to one of Lady Gaga’s songs. When they were in the middle of the dance floor, Baekhyun almost fell, good thing Lay caught him.

“Watch your step…” Lay told him.

“So it’s true?” Baekhyun asked him with eyes opened wide.

“What is?” Lay asked him curiously.

“That the world is really spinning.” Baekhyun smiled innocently which ended up in laughing hysterically. He then freed himself from Lay’s arm and spun around, “Wieeeeee!!!” He yelled as he did so and Lay just laughed because Baekhyun was definitely in his drunken state. He stopped spinning when the music played Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. He run towards the stage and took the microphone.

“Hello!!!” He yelled and afterwards he hiccupped.

The people looked at him curiously. His co-workers then, upon seeing him on stage cheered for him. “That is our Editor-in-chief in there!!!!” Luhan yelled and the rest cheered loudly. The others upon hearing the loud cheer clapped their hands in anticipation.

The music continued to play on the background and upon hearing the cue, Baekhyun started singing, “Rah rah ah ah ah, roma, ma ma ma, Gaga ooh la la Want your bad romance!”

He then took the microphone in the stand and danced in the middle of the stage.

“I want your ugly, I want your disease,

I want your everything as long as it’s free

I want your love…”

He then pointed the mic to the crowd and the crowd sang “Love love love” and afterwards he pointed the mic to him, “I want your love…”

He circled the stage and continued singing.

“I want your drama, the touch of your hand

I want your leather studded kiss in the sand

I want your love…”

And again he pointed the mic to the crowd and the crowd sang, “Love, love, love” afterwards he continued singing, “I want your love…”

He whispered sensually, “You know that I want you

And you know that I need you…

I want your bad, bad romance…”

And with that, he pulled of his suit coat and shook it in the air.

“I want your love, and I want your revenge

You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter